“This was a fabulous evening's dining!” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #33 of 1,764 Restaurants in Manchester
Cuisines: Asian, European, Australian, Fusion
Good for: Bar scene, Special occasions
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Reservations, Delivery, Late Night
Description: Modern Australian cuisine combines Pacific Rim flavours underpinned by European cooking tradition, a blend of Indonesian, Southeast Asian influences and Australia's strong ties with Japan also help determine the taste and style.
essex uk
“This was a fabulous evening's dining!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 18, 2013

I had read the reviews of Australasia and a few had suggested that the experience might be slightly pretentious in terms of both menu and staff? I have to totally disagree - I thought the service was superb - our waitress Verity was both friendly and knowledgeable.
Having never been to Australasia her knowledge of the menu and suggestions for both cocktails and menu was really helpful - I really don't think I'd have had such a good experience without her suggestions; based on my own food likes and dis-likes. We chose, with her guidance, a selection of small plates and we were not disappointed! The black cod was divine as was the pork!
The cocktails were a real treat!
I thought the atmosphere was very relaxed and unpretentious - all sorts of diners just out for some great food!
We were not disappointed...

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere

Llandudno, United Kingdom
“Lovely lunch”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 18, 2013 via mobile

Had lunch there with my husband in the week&we both had the four dishes for£20 of the lunch menu,it's a good way of trying different dishes that you wouldn't get to try. Also had cocktails which were great and it's quite hard to choose which ones as there is a huge selection I had the bush fire & my husband had the chai iced tea. The server gave us an iPad which helped with our selection of cocktails as it tells you want drink is in each one which was helpful as it does not tell you on the menu. All in all great service by the young man that served us and was nice and relaxing coming in the week when it is not as busy.

Visited July 2013
Clitheroe, United Kingdom
“Great place and fab food!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 17, 2013

We were recommended to try this place by a number of friends. It did not disappoint!! The food and the service was great!! The portions were small so we shared 3 sushi/ tempura dishes and then had a traditional main course each! I would definitely return. We entered via the bar upstairs . The only negatives was that the bar staff were a bit offhand. We both commented on this,however the restaurant staff were very courteous !!

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Wernberg, Austria
“Will try again ....”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 17, 2013 via mobile

Great atmosphere and interior but service lacking for what it promises. Average experience but would try again to see if that waiter just had a bad day.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
UK
“Asian high tea at Grand Pacific”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2013

Went to Grand Pacific on 10 July for my daughters birthday. We ordered the Asian High Tea and because the weather was good we sat outside. It is served in two waves, first wave was a 3 tiered stand of sushi and sashimi served with a glass of Australian champagne, the way it was served was spectacular and was greeted by envious glances by the other people in the restaurant. The second wave was again served on the same stand and was a delicious array of individual desserts which was amazing, this was served with a tea infusion of our choice. As previous people have said the service was great and I quite like the fact that the waiters describe the drinks and the food. I have eaten in Australasia before and can honestly say that Living Ventures have done it again can't recommend it highly enough. Wii definately go back.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere