“Magic Hotel for the Magic Weekend (Rugby)” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Castlefield Hotel

You added Castlefield Hotel to your Saves list
Castlefield Hotel
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Liverpool Road | Castlefield, Manchester M3 4JR, England   |
Ranked #59 of 117 Hotels in Manchester
Wakefield
“Magic Hotel for the Magic Weekend (Rugby)”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 31, 2013

May Bank Holiday! Magic Weekend for Rugby League fans everywhere (Held at Manchester City Stadium).
I went with friends and stayed over Friday, Saturday and Sunday night (£40 a night). We had a group of roughly 8 people (Some only stayed Friday/Saturday etc). Not one complaint from any of us!
We arrived to the hotel, where we were greeted by friendly staff, who checked us in. We went to our rooms and I must say, It was clean, tidy and had a decent view! No problems whatsoever.
We made good use of the bar!! All the bar staff were friendly and had a good laugh too (Some hotels can be so serious sometimes!!).
In the morning, we used the Gym, Pool, Sauna and Steam room. All of which I would definitely recommend! All clean and easy to use. My personal opinion, the Pool could do with a new lick of paint! However, it isn't a deal breaker!
After this, We would go to breakfast. Very good selection!! Tasted very nice too! Not one empty/unhappy stomach in site!!!! I speak on behalf of a group to say that breakfast was very enjoyable!
I would recommend this Hotel to anyone. We will be going back to the same place, same time next year.
Thanks for the great stay Castlefield! See you next year!

Room Tip: We all had rooms on the second floor. No complaints from anyone!
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
GlynnCastlefield, Public Relations Manager at Castlefield Hotel, responded to this review, June 5, 2013
Aaron B,
Thanks for commenting and delighted you & your friends had a 'Magic Weekend' at the Castlefield and found the team friendly, the atmosphere informal and the service, food & drinks good.
We look forward to welcoming you back next year.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (102)
Nottingham, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 27, 2013

I stayed here as part of a Hen Party for 1 night. The service is excellent. Staff are friendly and very helpful. They sorted taxis for us, gave easy directions for places we asked and even sent a pair of jeans I'd forgotten back by post to me.
The breakfast items were fresh, hot and plenty to choose from.
The location is great for any Manchester centre destination. Dukes 92 is 2 mins walk away and the Printworks a 5 min taxi or use of the free Metro shuttle from outside of the hotel.
I would recommend this hotel to any type of traveller.

• Stayed May 2013
GlynnCastlefield, Public Relations Manager at Castlefield Hotel, responded to this review, May 30, 2013
DKerr 33,

Thank you for your generous comments. Glad you enjoyed breakfast, the location and found the team friendly & helpful. Your comments provide excellent feedback & motivation for us.
Nottingham, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 27, 2013

Stayed for my hen weekend is a group of friends. Easy check in, friendly staff and a clean, comfortable and spacious room. We didn't have to use the other facilities but breakfast the follow day was lovely and a nice choice.

The hotel is right near the canal and there are some lovely bars about 1 minute walk away. The hotel booked our taxis for us and it cost around £8 to get into town.

One of our group left some clothing in the wardrobe and when she emailed the hotel they offered to post them back for free! What a great service! We are already thinking about booking our next stay!

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
LJF 84,
Many thanks for commenting and delighted you had a good weekend and are looking to come back.
Not sure where you went in Manchester but £8 must have taken you a fair way as we are only 400 metres from Manchester's main thoroughfare and then 5 minutes to the bars around Albert Square.
Glad the team were helpful and sorted out your belongings left behind.
Loughborough
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2013

I read 3 reviews previously listed.

I chose the hotel because at meal times I did not want to bump into others working on the same task as me in central Manchester, becausec I could park my car and finally have a dip in its leisure centre's good size pool.

The room was clean (they always are, aren't they), and at request I was allocated a room on the 'canal ' side which was quiet. The wi fi was free. The staff were informally courteous- if a guest is polite hotel staff reciprocate. Breakfast was fine. On the two occasions I ate the evening meal it was simple, but reasonable value. Car parking was fine with no queue. I I dont watch much TV man it was easy to find radio channels in my room.

As to transport, a bus to the city centre passes the door, but I walked along the canal each day bringing me to Oxford Road where I was working. Canals take straight routes....

If you want 4-5 star formality go elsewhere; if you want straightforward service- give it a try.

Room Tip: My room on canal side was quiet.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
GlynnCastlefield, Public Relations Manager at Castlefield Hotel, responded to this review, May 9, 2013
JPCSedate,
Glad you found the hotel VFM with a decent location, on site car parking, freec wifi and a good pool with value for money food.

"If you want 4-5 star formality go elsewhere; if you want straightforward service- give it a try"

Your final sentence says it all really . Thank you
Sheffield, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 30, 2013

Very comfortable 2 night stay. Conveniently located 5 minute walk from Deansgate and Metro link. Good leisure facilities. Would def stay there again. Receptionists always had a smile and nothing too much trouble. Only fault I could make was that the paint was coming off the window sill however this did not detract from a very enjoyable stay.

Room Tip: The reason for 3 for room was that paint was badly coming off the window sill.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Gill Y , Thank you for your comments and delighted you found the loocation convenient and the reception staff friendly & helpful.
Wexford, Ireland
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 28, 2013

When I arrived the Receptionist/Barman ''greeted'' me. His breath stank of booze and his attitude was to demand I provide identification. The room was nice, bright and clean. Most of the TV channels didn't work though.The breakfast was cold and looked like it had been sitting on the carvery for a long time. Overall if they taught their staff to smile and greet the guest warmly and leave the Barman in the Bar (or even someone else's Bar) it might be ok.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Lenny,
Yor comments regaarding the member of staff are extremely disappointing. If youi care to get in touch to provide more details you may rest assured that action will be talen.
You will appreciate from many reviews thaat the friendliness & attitude of staff is well regarded and that this is an exceptional event hence my desire to learn more.
Leicester
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 18, 2013

The stay didn't start well when after a long drive and a full day at work I had to queue for 15 mins due to the car park being used by people using the gym. Not great when I am paying ten pound for the privilege! Hotel response was you could pay to put it on the road until it gets quiet. Rooms are pretty tired and the tv reception was intermittent. The gym was pretty good however. Breakfast was disappointing with poor hot food. Will be trying somewhere different next time.

• Stayed April 2013
TeamDave,
Many thanks for commenting and sorry you had to queue for the car park. This happens on occassionally due to the size of the car park v the demand for it at certain times. Car parks within walking distance cost upwards of £16.00 overnight and, as I am sure you will have experienced, there can be a queue for these at high demand periods.
Sorry to hear you will be trying somewhere else next time but you are always welcome and we would be delighted for you to return in order that we can ensure all services & facilities are to your entire satisfaction

Been to Castlefield Hotel? Share your experiences!