“A good stop over” 4 of 5 stars
Review of The Pendulum Hotel

You added The Pendulum Hotel to your Saves list
The Pendulum Hotel
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Sackville Street, Manchester M1 3BB, England (Formerly Days Hotel Manchester City)   |
Ranked #50 of 117 Hotels in Manchester
Kent, UK
“A good stop over”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 8, 2013

Small fairly basic room (Single).

BUT
VERY clean and with everthing I needed the night before a meeting.
A few minutes walk from picadilly and the centre of town.
The single bed was 1.5 the width of a standard single so very comfortable
£41!!!

My tip... go over the road to the retro bar for a full English @ £3.75 ; )

A bargain & comfortable stay...

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
DaysMCC, General Manager at The Pendulum Hotel, responded to this review, February 16, 2013
Thank you very much for taking the time to leave us your comments, we are delighted you enjoyed your stay with us. We look forward to welcoming you back again very soon.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (137)
  • Polish first
London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 6, 2013

Stayed one night at Manchester Conference Centre, Days Inn Hotel, for university visit. Cosy room. Comfortable bed. Great breakfast. Chose this hotel because I thought it would be of good standard as it's target market is business. Wasn't disappointed. Useful 24 hour reception as arrived on late train. Fourth floor room overlooking the main road and undisturbed sleep. Didn't hear the traffic. I would return just for the hot buffet breakfast - it was fantastic! The staff were friendly and helpful, especially on reception and in the breakfast room

Room Tip: Fourth floor room - can't hear traffic
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for your fantastic comments, I will ensure that they are passed on to the staff, we hope to welcome you back again very soon.
Leeds, UK
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 4, 2013

Stayed at Liverpool Days Inn so thought this would be ok. I couldn't be more wrong. The accommodation is obviously ex halls of residence and meant for a single bed but had a double wedged into the corner. The burgundy formica walls didn't help with the dingy decor!

I phoned reception & explained about Liverpool who's rooms are about 8 times as big but was told it is a franchise so not identical. I thought the point of a franchise was that its pretty much the same standard. Anyway, was given an upgrade for one of our rooms - to a room much worse, this was a 'superior standard double'. It was faded furniture and ripped carpets, absolutely disgraceful. I'd been told they'd waive the £10 surcharge & we did have to laugh when we got into the superior room! Hilarious, they'd charge us £105 for a shabby, soulless dump!!

We'd got a reward card at Liverpool so we could check out late, we couldn't wait to leave this time so left as soon as we could rouse the other couple in our party.

Now, I wouldn't be complaining if the room was £45 per night (worth absolutely no more) because it would be worth it but it was £95!

It was clean and the staff are mainly nice but that's all. I feel totally ripped off but can't stop giggling it was so bad!

Room Tip: Stay elsewhere! I know it's a budget hotel but there are way better ones than this. Ibis is ne...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends
Having read your feedback, I was very concerend to hear that we have not met your expectations on this occassion. I can assure you the hotel is not an ex hall of residence, it was originally built as a purpose built conference centre, that said the city double rooms are cosy, but we felt very well set out, refurbed to a high standard and fully functional.
The Franchise has the same / similar standards, however, The Days Hotel Liverpool is a new build property and therefore, I understand that the rooms are larger there.
I am sorry you didn't enjoy your stay with us, I will investigate the room you were moved to and review it personally.
Bristol
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 1, 2013

I am a business man who travels out of bristol. I needed an over night stay so decided to book the days hotel as it was resonably priced and looked like it wasn't just a boing travelodge. I was happy with the room and the reception staff checked me in quickly. The best thing about this hotel is its location near the center and not too far from the station. This hotel offers excellent value as it is better than the budget hotels and is in a good location.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Thank you for your fantastic comments, we are delighted that you enjoyed your stay with us and look forward to welcoming you back again on your next visit to Manchester.
Leeds, United Kingdom
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 31, 2013

I would not recommend this hotel to anyone. The rooms are tiny, however, the room cost is not. The meals are over priced, example of this was a poorly put together bowl of "mixed vegetables" for £3 that was simply a few chopped up carrots and peas. I had a half board deal but was never advised of what this consisted of and when I quiered why the evening meal appeared on my bill I was told what I selected was not pat of this.... why was I not told?, I did ask prior to ordering the meal!. All in all I did not enjoy my stay and would not advise anyone to book here if you want value for money.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Your feedback concerns me greatly, as the prices at the hotel are extremely competitve within Manchester, I would therefore, like to contact you to investigate the service received and the value for money on your food, and will do so under seperate cover. Thank you for leaving me your feedback, they do allow us the opportunity to improve our service and are a great help to me.
Barrow-in-Furness, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 28, 2013

Fine hotel that seems to be available at a good price if you shop around. Spotlessly clean, extremely friendly & helpful staff. A good location for the centre & university areas & handy for Piccadilly or Oxford Road stations. Small but well stocked room & bathroom. Nice well-stocked breakfast. A cut above the usual budget hotels.

Room Tip: Room at back looked out onto concourse, but well soundproofed so not a problem.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled solo
Great comments, thank you for taking the time to leave them for us. We are delighted you enjoyed your stay with us and look forward to welcoming you back again in the near future.
Margate, United Kingdom
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 27, 2013 via mobile

Had the unfortunate experience of staying here for 2 nights to attend a conference at the same venue. Suggest that unless you have to that you look for somewhere else. I stay in quite a lot of different places and this is by far the worst in a long time.

As I'm giving it 2/5, worth justifying why. Luckily escaped a 1 overall, but there were some redeeming qualities.

What was right:
- could leave tagged luggage in a locked luggage room at reception before / after a stay. This was handy.
- about 5 mins walk from Manchester Piccadilly train station
- rooms were clean
- staff were friendly, sorted problems when they occurred, couldn't fault them (shame they have to work with cumbersome processes and awful hotel facilities)

What was disappointing:
- as said in other reviews, the rooms have a rather odd heating system. Everyone I knew that stayed there complained of the same problem - the rooms were freezing in the night. There was a touch switch on the wall to turn on a tiny wall heater. The wall heater itself was hidden under a fixed desk, so any of the heat was was produced was trapped and barely heated the room. And the heating was on a short timer and clicked off. No good in January, glad it wasn't the week it snowed.
- rest of hotel / conference centre had so many different temperature changes. Sat in the bar on the first night, lacked atmosphere, but seemed OK after a couple of drinks, only sooooooo cold (wish I'd taken a jumper down with me).
- on check out, the previously agreed delegate room rate £68, confirmed in an email came up on the system as £87. Took a while to get sorted out, receptionist handled it nicely, just felt sorry for her efforts to give good service scuppered by an administrative issue and then red tape to sort the problem out. Wasn't worth £68, let alone £87!

• Stayed January 2013
We have received a couple of comments about the heating over the cold spell, and we have since invested in new heating systems within the bar and public areas, for extreme cold times such as we have experienced of late.

I have passsed your comments on to our House manager about the heating system in the rooms.

I do hope you try us again in the near future, as all comments are taken on board and dealt with to improve our service.

Been to The Pendulum Hotel? Share your experiences!