“Fine if you're drunk!” 2 of 5 stars
Review of Chesters Hotel and Restaurant

and 1 more site!
You added Chesters Hotel and Restaurant to your Saves list
Chesters Hotel and Restaurant
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   730 Chester Road, Old Trafford, Manchester M32 0RS, England (Formerly Chester Court Hotel)   |
Ranked #50 of 117 Hotels in Manchester
Aberdeen, United Kingdom
“Fine if you're drunk!”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 17, 2013

We decided to stay a night at this hotel as we were due at an exhibition the next day held at Old Trafford stadium and this is very close to it. So good if you're going there. Problem was, night we were staying there was a match on so lots of drunken football fans...! On arriving, we easily parked in their car park which was handy as I know other hotels don't have onsite parking. The reception girl was friendly. Definately got a gloomy vibe as we walked up the stairs to our room. The room looked pretty manky. It was big enough (especially as we needed a cot as well), but it seemed very dated and a bit grubby - my young son accidentally pulled the coffee jar onto the carpet and in picking the sachets up, I had a handful of hair... yuck!! Put me right off! The bathroom was dated and whoever picked the tiling (with RED grout) must have been blind - gastly! Although our friends room had a much better, more modern white bathroom so maybe (hopefully) they're updating. Both our rooms had mould/damp round the windows and sil. Anyway, on to dinner which wasn't very nice either. The starter was ok but the fish of the fish and chips was clearly the frozen kind you can buy at the supermarket. On to bed, the floor boards are HORRIFIC in this place! You can hear people below you, above you and trying to creep about whilst my son was sleeping was impossible. The next door room was loud, I clearly heard conversations of the 4 men in there obviously getting tipsy on their room booze, it was ridiculous. I put up with it for a couple of hours then got seriously irritated by the increasing f'ing, especially as my son was stirring. I called reception and the girl called them immediately after (I heard the conversation of course) telling them to quiet down and go to the bar if they wanted to drink, which thankfully they did. Oddly, I never heard them return! But thank you to the receptionist who did act on it straight away.

This is a basic hotel, at a cheap price but sorry - too basic for us! Only good sides were the staff were polite and helpful, the cot was decent enough (this is a big issue in some hotels Ive stayed in!), and I guess the location and car park. Only stay here if you're a football fan coming back drunk, only then will you sleep well here.

Room Tip: Umm... I doubt any room gets away from the creeky floorboards! Rooms overlooking the car park side...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (41)
Swindon, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 13, 2013

This is the hotel I usually stay at when visiting the Manchester office of the company I currently work at.
It`s conveniently located for that or for going to the football or cricket grounds. Well connected by tram so public transport isn`t an issue.
I thought that the rooms were pretty good. They have the necessary things such as tv, desk and a table. The wi-fi is a bit difficult to pick up sometimes, especially on the upper floors.
The restaurant has a good choice and I recommend a steak.
I like the hotel and not just because it`s close to the office. If I was going to that part of Manchester for pleasure rather than business, I would stay there.

• Stayed August 2012
Newtown, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 1, 2013

We stayed here when we went to old trafford,5 mins walk away basic hotel ,but very good value for money,we where upgraded so the room was large clean ,but was cold till the heating came on went to recption and was told it was being sorted,
shower was not the best , but all in all i would be happy to book this hotel again,breackfast was very good, staff very helpfull

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Doncaster, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 31, 2013 via mobile

Stayed in the hotel for two nights with my girlfriend. Found it was a good location, only 10 mins bus/taxi away from centre of Manchester. We got the bus in at night and taxi back late on, was only £7. Rooms were of a good standard. Comfy bed, tv, cupboard, nice bathroom. The shower wasn't the best I've ever used but it did the job. Floorboards were very squeaky also. However for what we paid I really can't fault it. The staff were all very friendly and helpful when we needed them. One thing I will say is that we paid £7.50 per person per day for breakfast on arrival and we soon saw once leaving that a pub literally 1 minute away had a £3.20 breakfast on! Pleasant stay nonetheless, will return again.

Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 26, 2013

Stayed here last saturday to go see 'lion king' in palace theatre in manchester .it had a good view towards old trafford stadium.what i can never fault is the value for money .,its excellent. rooms are clean and service quick and parking free ,i dont think free parking is available anywhere else ,and even when we checked out the next day we were told we could leave the car there for our trip to the city centre as traffic can be bad and it turned out to be true as we took a taxi to palace theatre .we didint have any food from there so we cannot comment .only one drawback that is paper thin walls where you can hear almost everything from adjacent rooms ,but for the money and the service i wouldnt fault that at all other than a minor problem as it did not affect us at all ...well done chester hotel and management team ..

• Stayed March 2013
Newcastle upon Tyne, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 24, 2013

we have just stayed for one night and that was enough, we have never stayed in a place where every floorboard made such a noise......unbelievable! :(
The room was fine and the breakfast was good as were the staff but because of the noise we will not be going back.

Room Tip: you could try a room on the ground floor if there are any.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Manchester, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 22, 2013

My Mum and Dad spent 3 nights here for their Diamond Wedding as they now live in Wales and wanted to revisit Manchester. A nice handy place for the buses and parking facilities at the hotel. Handy for the Trafford Centre, Lowry and Media City and right next door to The Theatre of Dreams, Old Trafford. We spent a night there with them for their anniversary night. As it was very cold night we had our Dinner in the hotel, the Steaks were really good, good prices for a hotel and for a nice treat for a celebration. The floorboards are a bit noisy and you can hear a bit of traffic in the morning but I imagine after one night you get used to it . All in all I would revisit although we only live a few miles away. We will go back to the restaurant or to the bar for pub grub. I believe they are starting Sunday Lunches after Easter at £4.95 for 1 course, I think that is pretty good value . Thank You for finding my kindle too ,silly me left it.

Room Tip: The Back rooms may be a bit quieter.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with family

Been to Chesters Hotel and Restaurant? Share your experiences!