“Dated and shabby room but comfy bed.” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Radisson Blu Hotel, Manchester Airport

You added Radisson Blu Hotel, Manchester Airport to your Saves list
Radisson Blu Hotel, Manchester Airport
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Chicago Avenue | Manchester Airport, Manchester M90 3RA, England   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Plan ahead and save 20%
Ranked #24 of 117 Hotels in Manchester
London, United Kingdom
“Dated and shabby room but comfy bed.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 28, 2013

Had a one night stay before early an morning flight.

Had a room on the Oriental floor. The decor was really dated and there were a lot of cracks on the ceiling. The bathroom was nice and spacious, great shower. Good sized room with excellent wifi. No noise from other rooms or the airport which was excellent. Squeaky but very comfy bed.

Prompt room service. Order arrived within 10 minutes of calling.

I'd have loved to have had time to use the spa services.

Speedy checkout was appreciated.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
MichaelWeston, Director of Operations at Radisson Blu Hotel, Manchester Airport, responded to this review, December 30, 2013
Thank you for your most positive review of Radisson Blu Hotel, Manchester Airport.
I am delighted that you enjoyed your stay and that we were able to meet your expectations. It is always pleasing to hear of a valued guests satisfaction and I thank you for taking the time to share your experience. Our second phase of refurbishment commences early 2014 so I do hope you will have the opportunity to return to enjoy our updated bedrooms.
In the meantime if I may be of any assistance, please do not hesitate (michael.weston@radissonblu.com). I very much look forward to welcoming you back to Radisson Blu Hotel, Manchester Airport.
Michael

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (655)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Hartlepool, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 28, 2013

My husband and I Stayed at the raddison on the 27th of December, we have just recently been married and wanted something special before out flight to New York, we booked a business class room with a celebration package , firstly check in was quick and easy!
We went to our room which was large and clean! Very impressed with the size ! Massive tv and all the accessories you would need , including an iPhone charger !
With the celebration package we got a bottle of champagne and chocolates for arrival which was a fantastic touch and start to our honeymoon! We went to the sauna which was clean and large before fore heading down for an evening meal, again with the package this was pre paid for , The menu choice was limited compared to the regular menu but there was still something for everyone ! The meal was fantastic, and I couldn't fault the service. With having a business class room we had access to the business class lounge , which was very special, free drinks and nibbles until 9pm and got to sit and watch the planes come and go. Overall such a fantastic experience and would not hesitate to book here again! 5* service, thanks to the hotel
For making this time for us even more special
It

Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
Congratulations on your recent wedding. Thank you for having chosen to begin your celebrations with us at Radisson Blu Hotel, Manchester Airport.
I am delighted that you enjoyed your stay and that we were able to exceed your expectations. It is always pleasing to hear of a valued guests satisfaction and I thank you for taking the time to share your experience.
Please be assured I have communicated your review to my entire team to ensure they are aware of the positive impact they continue to have on our guests' experience.
Once again, thank you for your review and Congratulations! I very much look forward to welcoming you back to Radisson Blu Hotel, Manchester Airport in the not too distant future.
owens1966
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 27, 2013

Thought because of the name it would have been better than a Premier Inn... Oh how wrong was i ? Staff at front desk were not very helpfull... asked to change rooms due to pubic hairs in the bathroom... Asked for a double... got a twin... The only saving grace was the bar / restuarant... Next time I will be staying in a Premier Inn, much cheaper and cleaner... Radisson Blu... Yoiu need to update your rooms... big time.

Room Tip: Will there be one ?
Thank you for your review of Radisson Blu Hotel, Manchester Airport.
I am most disappointed that you did not enjoy your stay. Please accept my most sincere apologies for any inconvenience caused to you and the shortcomings you experienced. This is by no means indicative of the standards we aim to provide and I am only sorry you were affected by such.
Once again, thank you for your review. I would be grateful for the opportunity to resolve this situation for you, with the ultimate aim of having you return, so that you may experience the normally excellent guest service we are proud to deliver. I do hope to speak with you soon.
London
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 27, 2013

This hotel on the surface appears to be quite high end - very modern, minimalist reception and attentive first contact. However that's really where it starts and finishes. I asked the receptionist if he could order me a taxi for a specific time as I was going to Hale for dinner with colleagues for Christmas and had just 30 mins to shower and change etc. He couldn't manage this and ended up getting me a taxi too early which then disappeared and I walked across to the station for a black cab.

The room was ok - it just didn't really match the reception if you know what I mean. I expected sleek and modern and it was all dark wood. That said it was clean and comfy with a stocked minibar (which is rare in hotels these days) so I could have a drink whilst getting ready.

The next morning I had booked a massage at the spa so trundled downstairs to what was the worlds smallest gym. However the therapist was welcoming and helpful. I do however think she had rather long nails for a massage therapist and she should be made to cut them.

I had arrived from London to the domestic terminal 3 so it was a fair walk to the holt and the signage was useless once outside the terminal 3 building. I had to call the hotel for directions.

I paid £85 for the evening which was ok value I think.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for your review of Radisson Blu Hotel, Manchester Airport.
I am pleased that you enjoyed your visit and that we were able to meet your expectations, however somewhat disappointed that we did not exceed.
Please be assured your comments are welcomed and will be shared with the relevant departments. I am sorry that your experience was not had you expected and I would welcome the opportunity to personally apologise for this unfortunate situation and work towards reinstilling your faith in our product and service offering. I have emailed you directly via TripAdvisor, and would be most grateful if you could contact me to discuss your stay further either by telephone: 0161 490 5000 or alternatively michael.weston@radissonblu.com .
Lymm, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 27, 2013

Stopped over here (using Carlson points) as I had an early flight home the following morning.
Hotel has perfect location, in between the two terminals.. with a short walk along the futuristic walk way joining them to the hotel and the railway station.
if you are lucky enough to get a Business class room try the business lounge as it has superb view over the airport
Hotel is modern, clean and seems well maintained.
Staff are very friendly and helpful.
If your dashing off to an early morning flight, they serve tea/coffee, fruit and some breakfast bars in the reception upto the time the restaurants open.
Would definitely stay here again.

Room Tip: Take a room on the Airport side, especially if you have a room on the higher floors !
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled solo
Thank you for your most postiive review and recommendation of Radisson Blu Hotel, Manchester Airport.
I am delighted that you enjoyed your stay and look forward to welcoming you back in the not too distant future.
Chamonix, France
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 26, 2013

As airport hotels go this takes some beating. Our flight was early in the morning so we had a 5 minute walk to check in and did not have to go outside in the wet and cold. The transport from here is also easy the train station is a 2 minute walk and bus station 3 minutes. My only gripe was being on the 3rd floor . As I was only there for 2 nights and not spending much time in the room it was not the end of the world. The 3rd floor has not been refurbished yet but is still passable but there were a few marks on the corridor wall and worn carpets. The rooms are well sound proofed and the beds are very comfy with good quality bed linen and duvets. My wife now wants new pillows at home as the pillows were very good. Would we return next time we pass through Manchester? a big Yes, but will ask for a refurbished room. I expect if we had have asked we would have got a change of room as the reception were very helpful as were all the staff and nothing was to much trouble. Having a Pool, Gym and Spa is also a bonus and we made good use of these.

Room Tip: Ask for a refurbished room
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
I am delighted that you enjoyed your stay and look forward to welcoming you back in the not too distant future when we will be sure to allocate you one of our newly refurbished bedrooms.
Derby, United Kingdom
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 25, 2013

Also had bad experiences at the Radisson. Heating was stone cold all afternoon, so an engineer set it to hot. This we were told could not be turned down. We were woken in the early hours by the room vibrating loudly, floors, walls and bed, from the air conditioning unit making it impossible to sleep. So we were moved upstairs at 2 oclock in the morning. We asked for a wake up call at 7 and were woken up at 7.35 so we were late checking in.. The lack of sleep badly affected our travel plans. It was a very bad experince before a long haul 9 hour flight. We have stayed there 3 times before but didn't have such bad problems then. Very disappointed.

Thank you for your review of Radisson Blu Hotel, Manchester Airport.
It is always a pleasure to welcome back returning guests and I thank you for choosing to return. I am however deeply sorry for the unfortunate circumstances you encountered on this occasion. As you have described yourself, this is a most unusual situation unlike your previous stays however nonetheless I am sorry for the inconveince that you experienced.
Once again, thank you for your review. I would be grateful for the opportunity to resolve this situation for you, with the ultimate aim of having you return, so that you may experience the normally excellent guest service to which you have become accustomed. I do hope to speak with you soon.
Michael

Been to Radisson Blu Hotel, Manchester Airport? Share your experiences!