“Location is unrivalled but standards are slipping” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Radisson Blu Hotel, Manchester Airport

You added Radisson Blu Hotel, Manchester Airport to your Saves list
Radisson Blu Hotel, Manchester Airport
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Chicago Avenue | Manchester Airport, Manchester M90 3RA, England   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Plan ahead and save 20%
Ranked #23 of 117 Hotels in Manchester
Leeds, United Kingdom
“Location is unrivalled but standards are slipping”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 24, 2013

I've stayed here several times before flying from Manchester Airport and, while I will be returning, the standards are slipping.

We recently booked three rooms before a skiing trip and despite paying the same price for each the standard varied greatly. Although all three were clean and comfortable, the one myself and my boyfriend had was far smaller and was generally less well-equipped than my parents' or brother's room.

We waited 45 minutes for a table at the Runway Brasserie, which didn't really matter as we weren't in a rush, but it is probably worth mentioning to those who are thinking about popping in for a quick bite.

When our food was first delivered my mother's was cold and my brother's order was incorrect, so we had to send both back, but when the replacements were brought over we had no complaints with the standard of food. Other diners seemed to be having greater problems and it's fair to say the staff seemed overwhelmed by how busy it was - even with such a small menu.

One huge positive is that despite the hotel being so busy and being so close to the airport the rooms are really quiet - you won't get woken in the night by people getting up for an early flight.

In terms of location the Radisson cannot be beaten - just a quick scroll through the Skywalk to terminals one or two - and this is why I will continue to stay here when travelling from the airport. But if you're looking for something a little special then this definitely isn't the place.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (594)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
north wales
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 24, 2013

Stayed one night before a flight , got into the room and thought wow ,beautifull hotel for an airport ,the pillows were fantastic best I have ever slept on and the bath was the biggest I have been in ,breakfast in the morning was the best I have had in a hotel ....from smoothies to fresh porridge and beautifull fresh fruit ,the cooked breakfast had an amazing choice too!! I booked this with holiday extras and it was a cracking price as I took the "find me any cheaper and get the room free" offer ,well I did find it cheaper with last minute .com by a penny and they were true to there word I got my money back for the night I spent there !!! The bars were quite expensive so was the food but we went for a wander to the terminals and people watched and grabbed a bite to eat there and a drink.
We got the train to the airport and the hotel has a sign and walkway straight to it fantastic location.
I wouldn't hesitate to stay there again !!

• Stayed July 2012
Peterborough, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 23, 2013

I have stayed here a few times before a flight and love the rooms. So comfortable clean and bright and well organised.
Buffet breakfast is the only meal I have had here but that was very nice and plentiful. Reception staff as always very pleasant and helpful.
I love that I don't need to catch a shuttle bus to the airport in the morning although it is quite a trek to terminal 3.

Brighton, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 23, 2013

I stayed on business at this hotel. It was very convenient being able to fly into the airport and walk to the hotel. The room was clean and comfortable and somewhat 'quirky' in its design. However, I found the pillows on the bed were uncomfortable. Food was available in two restaurants. After arrival, I ate in the brasserie where service was not as good as I would have hoped but the food was well cooked and presented. I was attending a conference the following day which was held in the Ballroom. This was well-appointed and had excellent audio-visual facilities. Lunch was provided in the main hotel restaurant. The food was adequate but access was a bit limited with only two serving stations and about 150 people to be served. The major advantage of this hotel was its accessibility but apart from this it did not stand out from the crowd.

Zakynthos, Greece
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 20, 2013

My flight was delayed by 3 hours, but the staff were very understanding and allowed my partner to check-in although it was my name registered. The hotel was very clean BUT there was no hot water. Not good after waiting in an airport for over 24 hours. I did inform the receptionist and our parking was paid for and an offer of an upgrade was made for my next reservation.
The staff were friendly and very welcoming, te room warm and cozy, all in all well recommended

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Ian R, General Manager at Radisson Blu Hotel, Manchester Airport, responded to this review, February 21, 2013
Greetings from Radisson Blu

Thank you for your review.

Very pleased to read the many positive comments but I also learned of your water issue. Terribly sorry for that, there were no excuses for that to happen.

Hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back again.
Alesund, Norway
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 20, 2013

This is not our first visit, have used this solution many times before.
During our last stay ( February 2013 ) in the UK / Wales we have booked this hotel both on arrival & night before our return to Norway. Our normal arrival time from Norway is 18:30 in the evening and then we leave back to Norway approx 10:30 in the morning.
This is a very good solution, since we only have a 5 minute walk to the hotel, and then we can hire our car the next morning, on return we have the same solution return car in the evening the day before departure.
Yes, we also ordered pre-arrival items, a bottle of Prosecco, & some flowers - very good ! Thank you Ruth Broadhurst !
On arrival a small miss-understanding with the Prosecco, but this was solved very quickly.
My only conplaint, in the bedroom, there is NO power point beside the bed, I have "sleep apnea", and my machine needs power, BUT, of course, an extension lead was provided, without any problem.
This time we stayed for one night 4th February & 7th February 2013, we are planning an visit, with the same structure in November 2013 for my wife's Birthday.
Otherwise clean, but a little tired Hotel, needs upgrading !

Room Tip: Have a room facing the airport, always some action, even in the snow.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Greetings from Radisson Blu

Many thanks for posting your review.

Obviously very happy to read the many great positives and especially the mentioning of one of my staff members, Ruth!

I can confirm the whole hotel including rooms and public areas will go through a major face lift, starting in just a few weeks.

Looking forward to welcoming you back.
Llandudno, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 20, 2013

a one night stay in this airport hotel. Experienced long waits at check-in, uninspired restaurant choices and a very average room service pizza. That said, it is very convenient for the airport with T3, only 10 mins away via the the Skywalk, if you have an early start. I paid £85 for the night exc. breakfast. Car parking is available for £12 per day.

Greetings from Radisson Blu

Thank you for sharing your feedback and opinions.

Sorry to hear you experienced long waiting time for your check in. This is not something we are complaicent about and we are working on different solutions to enchance the arrival experience during peak hours when so many planes land within such short interval. Our refurb program which starts at the end of March will include increasing the check in/out pods to over three floors.

Thank you again for your review.

Been to Radisson Blu Hotel, Manchester Airport? Share your experiences!