“business class room” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Radisson Blu Hotel, Manchester Airport

Save Saved
You added Radisson Blu Hotel, Manchester Airport to your Saves list
Radisson Blu Hotel, Manchester Airport
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Chicago Avenue | Manchester Airport, Manchester M90 3RA, England   |
Hotel deals
Ranked #31 of 117 hotels in Manchester
Wigan
“business class room”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 9, 2013

Have stayed at the Radisson before and so I know what to expect, we stayed in a business class room and I have heard that they are going to be refurbished soon, the style of the rooms at the moment are so retro I think they have come back into fashion, I myself like the quirky style as it makes a change from the normal travel lodge room. The one thing the Raddison has going for it is the location, it can not be beat, and also the Grab and Go breakfast if you are on an early morning flight, the first time I have had to use it and I think it's a great idea.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Ian R, General Manager at Radisson Blu Hotel, Manchester Airport, responded to this review, January 15, 2013
Greetings from Radisson Blu

Thank you for posting such a great review.
Indeed, the "retro" will soon go with the very exciting reformation project of the hotel. Stay tuned for more info!

2,499 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (486)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 8, 2013

We stayed at the Radisson the night before we flew to New York, we booked online and arrived later that night. When I got to the check in counter I was greeted by a nice gentleman called Daniel, I chatted about my upcoming trip and that that night I planned on proposing to my girlfriend, he then proceeded to upgrade us to a suite for the night at no extra cost. The Radisson gave us a glass of complimentary champagne to celebrate afterwards which I thought again was a generally great hotel going the extra mile for the customer. (She did say yes). The next morning we checked out after a brilliant evening and we will definitely be staying at the hotel in the future.

Greetings from Radisson Blu

Congratulations on your successful proposal!!

Thanks for sharing your observations and experiences. Very encouraging!

UK
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 8, 2013

Stayed here on the 23rd November for one night before flying to Gambia the following day.Did not arrive till after ten at night but check in was swift.I had requested an upstairs room which overlooked the runway and I was not disappointed.Room was very nice with a lovely bed which you just sank into.Bathroom was very nice too.As other reviewers have said watch out for the minibar in the room.All the drinks are on sensors so if you pick one up then put it back without drinking it your room is automatically charged.Had a great nights sleep but was up early the next morning watching all the planes coming and going while my better half had a lie in.I would recommend this hotel as an overnight stay as you get a good nights sleep and are nice and refreshed for your flight the following day.Would have no hesitation in staying here again the next time we fly from Manchester.TIP.Book early if you decide to stay here as you get a better rate as the later you leave it the more you pay.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Greetings from Radisson Blu

Thanks for taking the time to share your experiences from your recent stay, much appreciated.
Great to read your positive comments.

Looking forward to welcoming you back.

Durham, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 7, 2013

Arrived on the 28th December and stayed for 1 night. first impressions of room were good,queen bed and 4 large pillows on the bed. after laid on pillows for a few minutes, they were flat as pancakes. The room very clean and same with bathroom.
food: we went to the runaway restuarant, never again, i had burger and chips and my husband had fish and chips. The fish were 2 small triangles of fish and few french fries for nearly £14 and the same with my burger,both had no taste.

Grimsby, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 7, 2013

My family and I booked two business class rooms online via Radisson website. From arriving everything was very excellent, our rooms were next to each other and overlooked the airport and runway. The bedrooms were very well appointed and spotlessly clean. We enjoyed using the pool. We were happy as we had a lunchtime flight so was able to sample breakfast, it was very well presented with excellent choices and regularly replenished. Checkout was smooth and using the walkway to the terminal makes life very easy. We thoroughly enjoyed our stay and will not hesitate to book again.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 7, 2013 via mobile

I stayed here on 29 dec as I had a flight to Australia early next morning.
The bed was really comfy and the room was
immaculate .
It's just a 5min walk to terminal 2 so no waiting around for shuttle buses in the cold.
I arrived late so didn't use any facilities and can't comment on them but I will definitely stay here next time I fly from manchester

• Stayed December 2012
Pontefract, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 6, 2013

My girlfriend and I stayed here for one night before going on holiday early the next morning. Having never stayed at a Radisson hotel before I wasn't sure what to expect however we both thoroughly enjoyed our short stay. The whole hotel was immaculate, the service from staff was fantastic and the food, while a little pricey, was delicious. The rooms are very comfy and welcoming with a huge bed and sofa area and the view of the runway from our room was stunning and grabbed my attention on numerous occasions... (what is it with watching planes land and take off?!).

On the evening after dinner we enjoyed a drink or two in the bar which wasn't as expensive as I'd been expecting.

Can't really fault this hotel, it more than does the job.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Ian R, General Manager at Radisson Blu Hotel, Manchester Airport, responded to this review, January 7, 2013
Greetings from Radisson Blu

Thank you for your encouraging review! Glad to know we set you up to a nice start for your holiday.

Cheers.

Been to Radisson Blu Hotel, Manchester Airport? Share your experiences!