Going to a wedding at the near by castlefield rooms ( ie dukes 97 fab venue) we had a choice of 3 hotels to stay at on the wedding info, so glad we chose the Marriott. From the moment we arrived the car was whisked away by valet parking and we were checked in by lovely staff, we were 2 hours early for the 2 pm check in but it was not a problem and were given a room straight away on the second floor. The room was clean,spacious, and nicely decorated and the bed was amazingly comfortable nice mirrors every where including a full length one, important when getting ready for a wedding even an iron and ironing board in the wardrobe, mini fridge stocked with the usual water spirits and so on. Lovely terrace outside where we had a lovely coffee, the staff were very friendly and every one that passed us said hello, when we arrived back to the hotel at 1am in the morning they even opened the bar for us so we could have a nitecap. We nearly missed breakfast the next day as we overslept due to the comfy beds but were relieved to find they serve breakfast till 11am on the weekend ( very civilised ) the breakfast was also very good with a help yourself running hot and cold buffet lots of fresh fruit and pastries also the coffee was lovely too. We relaxed in the lounge area which is a real chill out zone with lots of lovely squashy sofas and oversized chairs while the concierge went to get our car, I could have actually stayed there all afternoon reading all the complimentary newspapers .
We paid a little bit more to stay at this hotel rather than a near by premier inn but with breakfast included this was the better deal we got 5star service from the staff and felt welcomed from the outset.
I will definitely recommend this hotel to my clients and am already looking at booking again for jan 2013 when we go to watch the lion king
Well done Marriott x
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Set in the vibrant city centre on the banks of the River Irwell, the Manchester Marriott Victoria & Albert Hotel exudes a historical charm that appeals to business and leisure travelers. Located across from Granada Television Studios and a pleasant stroll to the Opera House and Palace Theatre, this luxury hotel in Manchester was first built as a warehouse in 1844. The £5.2 million renovation in 2005, displays the old architectural detail with contemporary flair, comfort and services. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Expedia, Booking.com, Priceline, Hotels.com, Despegar.com, Marriott, TripOnline SA, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your Marriott Manchester Victoria & Albert Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Marriott Manchester Victoria And Albert Hotel
- Marriott Manchester Victoria Albert Hotel
- Manchester Marriott