“Good base when out in Manchester” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Jurys Inn Manchester City Centre

You added Jurys Inn Manchester City Centre to your Saves list
Jurys Inn Manchester City Centre
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   56 Great Bridgewater Street, Manchester M1 5LE, England   |
Ranked #36 of 117 Hotels in Manchester
Chesterfield, United Kingdom
“Good base when out in Manchester”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 1, 2013

Big room. Handy parking close by.

Was in Manchester for work and also needed to drive. Chose Jury's because it was right on edge of city, easy to drive to and had a good price.

Breakfast buffdr was ok but not great.

• Stayed July 2013

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (201)
york
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 31, 2013

The Jury Inn Manchester has a great location walking distance to all you could want in Manchester centre, we stayed her for a weekend away to do abit of shopping
We stopped for two nights Friday and Saturday, dining.
The meal was excellent but service a little slow.
The room we had was lovely.
Points to remeber if you go.
The parking accross the road is supposed to be discounted. They swipe your ticket but it doesn't work. You need to contact the car park people via the intercom on the pay station to get it discounted.
They are the only down sides other wise very clean and smart. Good staff and customer care.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Bradford, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2013

Firstly, the beds were comfortable. The air-con did work fine and the shower pressure was good the only problem I had with the room itself is that the lighting was exceptionally poor making it very difficult to get ready for my night out.

One major issue I did have though, is that after our night out my partner and I were starving so we ordered a pizza and chips from the hotel kitchen to be sent to our room- The food never materialised- no explanation, nothing. I guess the guy that took my order just couldn't be bothered making it for us. Not good. Girl on reception the next morning was lovely though and suitably mortified on our behalf- although she did say someone would email me regarding this but I haven't heard anything so far.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
JurysGM, General Manager at Jurys Inn Manchester City Centre, responded to this review, August 2, 2013
Dear guest,

Thank you for taking the time to write your recent review.

I am concerned to learn that you experienced issues with your bedroom lighting and food service during the evening of your stay.

So that I can investigate this further and resolve, could you please email me directly with a convenient time to give you a call.

Many thanks,

chris_broderick@jurysinns.com
Shrewsbury, England, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2013

I stayed in a family room for 3 three adults for one night on Saturday 20th July 2013.

Hotel is lovely, very clean, breakfast was amzing and the bar was nice. It was nice that the second bed wasn't a nasty camp bed.

Only 2 cups etc. even though they knew there would be 3 adults staying, but I called down to ask for more and some more towels and within 10 mins they arrived.

Very good sleep, surprisingly quiet for such a good weekend.

I didn't know there was no parking at the hotel, my fault so we had to park at the NCP car park opposite which cost us about £15 for over 24 hours.

If you go out for the evening and get back late then make sure you all take keys as we got stopped and asked for these before getting in the lift but only 2 of us had keys.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
London, United Kingdom
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 27, 2013

I've mistakenly booked a night in the wrong month, but the hotel refused to cancel that booking when I realised my mistake a few days later. They refused even though it was obvious that it was a genuine mistake and not just a change of mind (I showed up on the day that I thought I booked the hotel).

In addition, the staff lied to me - they claimed that it was the decision by booking.com that the reservation can't be cancelled. Only after I spoke with the customer service at booking.com (helpful, friendly) and asked the manager on duty at the hotel multiple times she confessed that it was her own, not booking.com's decision.

A good hotel would have agreed to cancel the reservation. The cancellation would have been one month in advance, and during the summer they could have easily filled the room (the hotel was booked out at the day I arrived). A hotel that needs to make its money with such tricks has probably takes short-cuts in many other ways too.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
England
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2013

I was staying at this hotel for business purposes as it is close to Manchester Central (formerly GMEX). If I was visiting Manchester for any other reason I would probably pick another hotel.
I was staying at the hotel during the UK heat wave and I'm happy to say that my room had working air conditioning, but my colleagues room didn't. The staff were more than happy to change his room for him though.
I was given an accessible room which didn't really seem that accessible. The door to the room was extremely heavy and sometimes I had issues opening it myself. Once in the room there wasn't that much space to manoeuvre a wheelchair, I had to ask a colleague to move a chair into the bathroom as it was in the way. The only accessible part of the room seemed to be the bathroom. It had railings and also the emergency pull cord.

The restaurant and the bar are down stairs in the lower ground which is accessible by lift. The prices for the food were decent and they allowed us to order bar food in the restaurant instead of the restaurant menu.

When leaving your rooms make sure that the doors are fully closed, as I realised early on that you cannot just let the door swing shut as it won't close completely. You need to actually pull it shut yourself.
Coming back from a day of work and found the door to my room open. Luckily nothing had been taken from the room.

Room Tip: Ensure that you make sure the doors are completely shut before leaving your room
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
JurysGM, General Manager at Jurys Inn Manchester City Centre, responded to this review, July 24, 2013
Dear guest,

Thank you for taking the time to write your review.

I am very concerned to learn that you experience issues with your bedroom door and room set up.

Please can I assure you that security and comfort of our guests is paramount within our Hotel and is taken very seriously.

All our bedroom doors are fitted with a door closure device with the purpose to pull the door shut safely behind you. From reading your review, I can see that this was not the case and for that I am truly sorry.

I would appreciate the opportunity to discuss with you in more detail, so I can investigate which room you were allocated and check the performance of the door closure and room set up myself.

Could you please make contact with me by email at chris_broderick@jurysinns.com.

Kind regards

Colchester, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2013

I've stayed at this hotel three times now as it's convenient for the office that I visit in Manchester. The rooms are a decnt size and always clean and I have found the reception and bar staff to be helpful and polite. The bar prices are ok for a hotel, but I rarely go there because the pub next door (The Briton's Protection) is a gem. I haven't eaten in the restaurant other than for breakfast, which hasn't encouraged me to try the evening meal. Breakfast is the usual hotel buffet affair and you have to serve yourself with everything, drinks and cutlery included. Every time I've been it's been crowded and there doesn't seem to be enough staff to cope. Finding a seat can be problematic and they always seem to have run out of some dishes - particularly the fruit salad. The hotel always offers a good rate and overall it is good value.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
JurysGM, General Manager at Jurys Inn Manchester City Centre, responded to this review, July 23, 2013
Dear Trip advisor,

Thank you for writing your recent review.

My apologies for the poor level of service you received during breakfast. This is an area which my management team are currently reviewing as we continue to look at new ways in which we can improve our service and guest experience.

With this in mind, I would find it very beneficial to speak with you and discuss in more detail. Could you please contact me by email with a convenient time and telephone number to reach you.

Kind regards

chris_broderick@juryinns.com

Been to Jurys Inn Manchester City Centre? Share your experiences!