“Good Location, Comfy Stay” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Jurys Inn Manchester City Centre

You added Jurys Inn Manchester City Centre to your Saves list
Jurys Inn Manchester City Centre
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   56 Great Bridgewater Street, Manchester M1 5LE, England   |
Ranked #36 of 117 Hotels in Manchester
Gurgaon, India
“Good Location, Comfy Stay”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 9, 2011

Strategic Location but relatively small rooms. Nice and comfy beds. Moderate service. Nothing overwhelming or great as such. Nice buffet breakfast but same course everyday. Moderately budgeted. Close to business and leisure centers in the city.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (202)
Barton-upon-Humber, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 8, 2011

Booked this through Superbreak the night before our stay. Booked two double rooms, one for sole occupancy as it was cheaper than booking a single. We paid £124 total for 4 adults in 2 rooms including breakfast, for one night. Upon arrival it was Brandon who checked us in, not the warmest welcome but standard, anyhow we then got given 2 rooms, 2 floors apart from each other, I asked for the rooms to be next door to one another which I was then informed, "Unfortunately because you have booked through Superbreak we cannot accomodate your request, if you booked it directly through us we would have been able to help". I'm sure Eamonn Ferrin would have been a little disheartened hearing this! Anyway after Brandon spoke to his superior we got rooms together which he first of all told us was impossible. The rooms are a little dated and standard, ok for one night though. Decent location and the best thing? The breakfast! Loads of choice and everything was really nice! I wouldn't return in a hurry but if I was stuck for choice I would stick it out for one night. Staff really need to learn some manners though and brush up on their enthusiasm, if it wasn't for us paying guests they would have a job and should be delighted to welcome any guest into their hotel and get a buzz from checking them in, if they don't frankly they are in the wrong job.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with friends
Liverpool, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 1, 2011

The location of this hotel was perfect for me and my 2 friends. We were all on a budget and at £75.00 for 1 night was perfect. Apart from the car parking which cost me £18.00 for overnight in the NCP. The room was clean and comfortable and couldnt fault it. Before we went out we decided to order tray service. when we went to the reasturant to pick it up the girl behind the bar took money from my friend for her meal and when we told her that she had short changed my friend she was very rude and was adamant that she had given her a £5 note instead of £10. i told her that i seen her hand over the £10 note when she went back to the till and realized that we were right and when she came back she shoved the money back into my friends hand abruptly. When i lifted the lid on my pannini to check that it was the tuna melt i had ordered. there was a smudge of tuna and a tiny bit of melted cheese on 1 side. I wouldnt normally complain but i had paid £7.25 for it. when i called one of the members of staff over and showed him he replied with "well its all melted in" i told him its mostly bread and i cant see any cheese at all and he just looked at me as if i was stupid and didnt offer to put a bit more on for me. The hotel its self is great.......cant say the same for the rude staff or the awful food.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with friends
Amsterdam, The Netherlands
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2011

Room was clean and tidy. We had asked for a bed for our 3 year old son and a cot for my baby daughter. The bed was alredy set up for us when we arrived but i had to wait for the cot however this came pretty quickly and the room attendant set it all up for us. The bathroom was a bit dated but it did the job. The location was also quite good - far enough away from the city centre that noise wasn't a problem but close enough to walk it in about 10-15 minutes. The biggest let down was the breakfast. We paid £170 for the room for the night which was atrociously high but I expected it as it was the night of the Take That concert. All hotels in the area had put their prices up for that weekend which is rather unfair but hey, ho, I needed somewhere for us to sleep for the night so had to pay it. I though breakfast would be included at that price but it wasn't. We were then charged £17 per head for breakfast which is not cheap for a family who have already shelled out £170 for a room. The staff couldn't have been less helpful in the breakfast room and seemed really annoyed when my young children made the tiniest bit of noise. My son asked for a straw to drink his milk with and you would have thought I was asking the serving staff to sell their first born child to me!!! The food was nice and warm though there was a severe lack of any fruit. This service and the cost of the food really let down what was otherwise a pleasant stay. One tip - there is no parking at this hotel but an NCP carpark across the way is reasonably priced. However it would be nice if the hotel could get a discounted rate for their custoemrs especially if they are being asked to pay £170 a night. I have stayed in Oriental Mandarin hotels for cheaper!!!

• Stayed June 2011, traveled with family
Hove
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 25, 2011

We spent two nights at Jurys Inn attending a graduation ceremony. This purpose built 3 star hotel is opposite the Bridgewater Hall and 5 minutes from the Deansgate tram stop. The area is reasonably quiet at night. Our room was clean, and pleasantly decorated with a comfortable double bed, tv, air conditioning/heating and a hairdryer. There was good shower and bath, and plenty of hot water. The breakfast was self service with a reasonable choice of eggs, bacon etc in a bright dining room overlooking the canal. Overall good value for money, and the metro gives easy access to the city centre's restaurants and shops, as well as Piccadilly mainline station and Salford Quays.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled as a couple
Lancaster
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2011

First of all the hotel doesnt have a parking which is not useful when you get there and there is a double yellow line outsise and I just parked there when the ticket man was passing by. The CNP parking is expensive and the discount of 20% that I should be getting didnt come through! Then they charged my personal card to pay for the room instead of the business card... when my company booked the room. I made that clear from the first moment and they actually put £100 behind the till in my card for any expenses which is quite a lot than the typical 30-40 pounds. I would use them but be very very careful. You end up spending a lot of time to correct someone elses mistakes. I hope this helps... Lots of other hotels in Manchester.. All the best!

• Stayed July 2011, traveled on business
London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 20, 2011

Clean, friendly hotel, opposite concert hall. We couldnt fault it and breakfast was included.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family

Been to Jurys Inn Manchester City Centre? Share your experiences!