“Tripadvisor Reviewers got it Totally Wrong” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Coriander

Coriander
485 Barlow Moor Road | Chorlton Cum Hardy, Manchester M21 8AG, England (Chorlton)
0161 881 7750
Website
Improve this listing
Ranked #584 of 1,766 Restaurants in Manchester
Cuisines: Bangladeshi
Dining options: Reservations, Delivery, Late Night
Neighborhood: Chorlton
Huddersfield, England, United Kingdom
“Tripadvisor Reviewers got it Totally Wrong”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 25, 2011

Having decided to not go to the tried and tested Indian restaurants I followed the Tripadviser reviews for this Bangladeshi restaurant. Service was good but the food was well below the mark. For a Friday night there was only one other couple dining; take-out seemed popular

• Visited December 2011
    • 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food

merseyside
“Best curry I have ever tasted”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 23, 2011

First experience last year as a takeaway.Blown away by the quality of their special curry with lamb and chicken.Just the creamiest sauce.As a result have been twice since to the restaurant to celebrate family events.Keep up the great quality and unique recipes.

• Visited November 2011
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
“Best Takeout in Town”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 30, 2011

Really well made curries with very low ammount of fat which I like. I don't usually eat in but I have once and it was fine. I highly recommend the curry, I ordered once and to my suprise was granted with a free Cobra! I go here regularly and it's top!

• Visited November 2011
Manchester, United Kingdom
“Brilliant, relaxed curry house with great original menu”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 29, 2011

My wife and I lived in Chorlton for over 2 years and decided to give this place a try, we hadn'tbeen before as doesn't look much from the outside (or inside to be honest). However, the quality really shines through and we have since visited on many occasions and have never been disappointed. The food was brilliant! Mouthwatering and orignal menu and very knowledgeable staff made this a great dinner out. We cook a lot of curries at home and the waiter was chatting to us about what kinds of things we like to cook and eat etc. He was saying that they are one of the few curry houses to actually source local free range ingredients and make proper meat and vegetable stocks for the curries. No colourings or anything detrimental are added and you can definately taste it in the meals. Brilliant, no fuss, reasonable curry house and perfect for takeaways.

• Visited September 2011
Manchester
“Hidden Gem - Want to keep it a secret”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 26, 2011

I have been eating at Coriander for years and its without doubt one of the best curry houses in Manchester. It is different to some of the classics that exist down the curry mile which for me are the more traditional type of curries very heavy and rich – nothing wrong in that. However Coriander is something different firstly they introduce their Northern Indian cuisine as much lighter offering as they don’t use as much, if any, ghee which you notice straight away as the plate is not greasy before, during or after your meal. Importantly however you don’t loose any of the flavor as the taste is so good with a sweet, sour and hot taste which I think its down to the spices they use plus everything is served with the limes (which when I ask they call bullet limes). My personal favorites is actually called the hot favorite, I like the grandmothers beef which is exceptional and also I like the plan old lamb and lentils which is really good.

I have had most curries on the menu but the above 2 are my favorites. The venue itself isn’t much to look at but I think that adds to the overall charm of the place and the fact that its not flash, the food speaks for itself., The waiters are really attentive and pleasant and know there food. I usually have a pint of Kingfisher and its one of the best around. My only small criticism is that the music can sometimes be annoying weird pipe things going on, but its kind of funny.
You should defo try it.