The hotel staff were very helpful, the waiting staff in the bar and brasserie were very friendly, this was especially welcome as I was staying alone on a business trip. The food was good, the prices were reasonable.
Location is great - right next to Piccadilly station.
Trendy design of the reception area/lobby.
Large bottles of nice smelling body lotion and shower gel which you are encouraged to take home with you.
Radio on when entering room upon arrival - nice touch.
Decor in the room was fine, there are some nice touches but the basic things let the room down, the wardrobe doors are naff and so was the travel kettle.
TINY television - I've never seen such a small tv!!
Really hard bed - although that's obviously down to personal taste.
Minimal products in the bathroom - no spare toothpaste/hair conditioner/cotton wool etc.
Bathroom very basic - shower fixed position so hard to keep your hair dry if not intending to wash it! Decor in the bathroom was a bit odd - a strange mixture of natural colours and stark black and white. A little bit tired looking - discoloured grouting and the toilet flush broke and came out of the wall!
It just didn't seem as special as they want you to think it is -although I got a good rate at £99 for the night, the next time I'll try the Alias!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Mal Manchester: In the home of the beautiful game you're about to turn Moulin Rouge. A short trundle for wheel-based luggage from Piccadilly Station and you're at the Mal - somewhere in the mists between Paris and the 24-hour party city. You cross the chessboard reception and suddenly you're a king for the knight. It's your move. Smoak Bar and Grill at Mal Manchester: A grill room and bar quite unlike anything Manchester has ever before seen. Set in the award-winning Malmaison Hotel minutes from Piccadilly station, Smoak is total indulgence for the senses. The amazing aroma of nation's finest oak-smoked steaks and fresh fish, served to a pewter counter or cosy booth. Imagine great imported beers, cocktails and bubbly served from an unusual sunken bar, with highly skilled mixologists serving you while you stay seated. Picture a stylish relaxed but chic interior a mix of booths, banquettes and counter stools. Come lunchtime and it's locally sourced bread, generously filled sandwiches and salads or full blown grill dining for the more adventurous lunchtime escapee. Come sundown the mood changes and we turn the aromas up to eleven. The cocktails flow, the steaks sizzle, the music turns up and the night begins. Ember Lounge at Mal Manchester: We could tell you about the Ember Lounge - an immaculate and opulent cocktail bar furtively hidden to the rear of the Smoak Bar & Grill. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Malmaison & Hotel du Vin Hotels, Expedia, Priceline, Cheap Tickets, Orbitz, Agoda, Despegar.com, Travelocity, Odigeo, TripOnline SA and Tingo so you can book your Malmaison Manchester reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Malmaison Manchester Hotel Manchester
- Malmaison Hotel Manchester
- Manchester Malmaison Hotel