I think expectations vary depending on your point of reference so I'm writing this for other American visitors. The hotel is not a typical airport hotel. It is more like a classic Hilton in that it has a real restaurant, a true lobby and conference facilities.
The hotel is located near the airport - you can walk although you wouldn't want to drag much luggage if you did. There is a 24 hour shuttle that runs on demand. Manchester airport is a sprawling mess. There is a sky-bridge that allows you to walk between terminals and also connects to the train station. The hotel is close to the train station so if you walk to the train you can then walk to the terminals. If you are catching a train it is easier to walk than to take the shuttle - for the terminals it is easier to take the shuttle.
The rooms are small - get the deluxe upgrade which adds enough additional room that it's worth the extra cost. Note that after you book the Hilton system will offer you a standby upgrade for an additional $10 per night - well worth it. The beds are pretty uncomfortable. Like many European hotels there is no box-spring and seperate mattress - they are combined into one unit. That means a rather harsh mattress.
The rooms are air-conditioned. However, it is not American a/c. It is still pretty warm even at full cold. The hotel seems to know this because there is also a table fan in the room which helps.
The bathroom is pretty typical. The tub is really high off the ground so if you are short it will be fun getting out. Otherwise the bathroom is pretty standard.
The room has a fridge. You will have to call down to get them to unlock it. Much like the a/c it doesn't really make things cold - just sort of cool.
The restaurant is interesting. There is nothing else nearby so if you don't eat here you will have to take the train into town (train fare varies depending on time of day - between 2 and 5 pounds roundtrip). They describe breakfast as "continental." However, it is not what we in America would think of as continental. Instead, it is a buffet of typical english food with bacon, sausage, eggs, fried bread etc plus some bakery items, cereal etc. If you are a breakfast eater it is well worth the money. Note that room service is pricey and limited.
Overall, it's a decent hotel. You won't leave thinking that you can't wait to get back - but you won't dread ever having to return either.
- Also Known As:
- Hilton Manchester Airport Hotel Manchester
- Hilton Manchester Airport Hotel
- Hilton International Manchester
- Hilton Manchester
- Airport Hilton Manchester
- Manchester Hilton
- Hilton Hotel Manchester
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Coveniently situated only 5 minutes from Manchester International Airport terminals and 8 miles (15 minutes by train) to Manchester City Centre, this modern hotel is home to Mason's Restaurant& Bar. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Hilton EMEA, Priceline, Tingo, Agoda, TripOnline SA, EasyToBook, getaroom.com, Otel, Hotels.com and Venere so you can book your Hilton Manchester Airport reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.