“excellent stay again” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Hilton Manchester Airport

You added Hilton Manchester Airport to your Saves list
Hilton Manchester Airport
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Outwood Lane | Manchester Airport, Manchester M90 4WP, England   |
Special Offer
Book early, up to 20% off
Ranked #52 of 117 Hotels in Manchester
Rotherham, United Kingdom
“excellent stay again”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2014

this is our 5th stay
stayed the night before our flight to orlando usa
on arrival was made welcome as allways by the very friendly staff
room was spot on again as allways very clean
we had the 3 course dinner which was very well presented and cooked
had a few drinks in the bar again served by very friendly staff,
i used the car parking again ,
next morning used the shuttle to take us across to the airport,
on arival back after our holliday a quick call on the courtesy phone had the shuttle collecting us to take us back to coleect our car.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
GM_HiltonMA, Manager at Hilton Manchester Airport, responded to this review, July 16, 2014
Dear Alan

Thank you so much for your lovely positive review. It is good to hear that you thoroughly enjoyed every aspect of your stay.

I can certainly feel that you found your time with us calm and relaxed, a nice ease of service and friendly efficient staff, the true Hilton spirit of hospitality.

I am sure that you will be back soon dear guest and my very best wishes to you until then.

Hotel Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (234)
  • Greek first
  • Turkish first
Leeds, United Kingdom
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2014

This was our 3rd or 4th stay at the Hilton and as usual excellent restaurant, bar and staff. Enjoyed the food and the fantastic service. The upgraded room (No 246) overlooked the outside dirty laundry area and an extractor fan on the outside of our bedroom wall ran 24/7. Great staff let down with inadequate rooms. Wont take the risk again on getting such an awful room and will stay at the Radisson from now on.

Room Tip: avoid room 246 due to noise and awful view
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear Teresa

Thank you very much for taking the time and trouble to let us know how you feel. I do not know if you alerted us to the fact that you were not happy at the time as it is so hard to reach out and make it right for you once you have left the building.

Where possible, we would have been delighted to have room moved you or achieved some other way of making you feel that we care, value and respect you.

It is such a shame as all other aspects of your stay sound fantastic and for this to spoil an entire opinion when you obviously enjoy the Hilton brand feels harsh for you and us. Please do let us know when you are returning so that we can ensure a personal touch to your booking with pleasure.

I do hope that you are back with us soon and, until then, would assure you of my best attention at all times.

Skelmersdale, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 11, 2014

Stayed with family with 3 adults in 1 room night before flying to usa. On arrival we were able to upgrade to the deluxe room for £5 which was great.Staff were friendly and the room was really nice and spacious. We booked the dinner bed and breakfast package and i was suprised at how excellent the dinner was, a 3 course meal from the menu,which was really nice.Bed was comfortable and breakfast was nice the following morning. On checking out we got the free shuttle instantly to terminal 2 no waiting which was great.I would not hesitate to stay at the hilton again as it was a really pleasant enjoyable stay

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
GM_HiltonMA, Manager at Hilton Manchester Airport, responded to this review, July 15, 2014
Dear Steven

Thank you so much for your glowing, positive and affirming review. It is always good to know that we are getting it right for our guests and you have made it very clear that we are!

It sounds as though your whole time was highly enjoyable, and yes, our 3 course dinner for £22.50 certainly is a bargain, especially when you are choosing from our everyday menu. Just ask at reception for details.

I am sure that you will be back with us again soon and we all look forward to your return visit. Until then, my very best wishes to you.

perth
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 11, 2014

Excellent ,would definitely stay again.Booked to stay overnight prior to our flight back to Australia.
Room was clean,comfortable with no annoyance from flights.Staff were friendly and helpful.Shuttle was available to take us across to the airport for an evening meal and a phone call from the courtesy phone at the airport and it quickly returned to take us back to the airport for free.We were impressed and would recommend.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear Guest

Thank you very much for your review and I am so glad that we were your last port of call before flying back to Australia. It does sound as though you truly enjoyed your stay and, yes, even though we are so close to the runways, our guests never say that they are disturbed by aircraft noise!

I am glad that we were able to be of use with our complimentary shuttle bus and do hope that you had a good flight home.

I hope that you will be back in the not too distant future and, until that time, would assure you of my best attention at all times.

Sheffield, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2014

This hotel is a great stopover hotel for the airport but it is nothing special, the room was quite basic but didn't expect much more than that. The room was clean and comfortable and served its purpose. The hotel offers regular 24 hour transport to the airport which is very good, especially very early in the morning. The hotel was quite expensive for what it was and although I would stay again it would have to be cheaper, I'm sure cheaper alternatives are very similar. The paid wifi is also quite annoying as many places offer it for free. The staff are very attentive and helpful and is the main reason I would return.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear Lauren

Thank you for taking the time and effort to submit a review on TripAdvisor - we welcome all feedback from our loyal customers.

Please do look out for special rates or try and book well in advance as, with most things, the nearer you get to your stay time the fuller we get and therefore demand is high. We offer amazing value too with added car parking, dinner, breakfast or upgrades so do have a look around before booking.

Yes, we have some lovely people working here who are the true reflection of the Hilton brand so thank you for that observation. I am also glad that you appreciated our shuttle bus, it is such a stress free way of getting your early morning flight, or late night for that matter, you could always stop the day with us instead!

I do hope that you are back with us soon, would thank you for your feedback and assure you of my best attention at all times.

Portland, Oregon
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2014 via mobile

This was my second time at this Hilton. Very convenient for flying out of Manchester airport. Pretty easy to get into Manchester by train as well.
Staff was very friendly and professional. They got me checked in and on my way very quickly.
The room was sufficiently large enough as well as clean on comfortable.
I did get charged £5 for room service delivery which I thought was a bit much. I didn't notice it mentioned anywhere on the room service menu, but I could have very easily missed it as I wasn't looking for it.

Stayed July 2014, traveled solo
GM_HiltonMA, Manager at Hilton Manchester Airport, responded to this review, July 11, 2014
Dear Guest

Thank you for your very posiitve review of us here and I am glad that you had a nice stay. Yes, we are very convenient for trains, planes and automobiles!

We do keep all of our charges as transparent as possbile and I am sorry if the room service charge was not obvious. Please do ask about any charges as we are all here to help.

I do hope that you are back with us soon dear guest and, until then, would send you my very best wishes.

Fort William, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 7, 2014

We wanted to begin our holiday on a high, so we booked the Hilton Manchester Airport, as an extra treat. However when we arrived it seemed we were downgraded to a "normal room" and at reception we were informed the extra bed for my daughter was made, on getting to the room, we realised it had not so we had to track down a member of housekeeping to make it up. The room was very hot and the window handle was broken and it was taped off and unserviceable. For a hotel of this calibre I expected more. It was very disappointing start to our holiday. However, the staff were pleasant and professional, the food was expensive and not value for money.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
Dear Guest

Thank you for your review and I am so sorry that you have had cause to complain. Reading your words, I can feel how disappointed, frustrated and let down you must have felt and can more than empathise with those sentiments.

I do not know if you let my team know of your dissatisfaction at the time as we would have lioved to reach out and make it right for you there and then rather than have you leave with such a negative view of us.

I have instructed the relevant departments to ensure that any shortcomings are addressed post haste and do feel that these instances were certainly one-offs.

Please do let us know if you are returning so that we can ensure a lovely smooth and enjoyable stay. Until then, I would assure you of my best attention at all times.

Hotel Manager

Been to Hilton Manchester Airport? Share your experiences!