“WIFES JEWELLERY WENT MISSING FROM ROOM” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Hilton Manchester Airport

You added Hilton Manchester Airport to your Saves list
Hilton Manchester Airport
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Outwood Lane | Manchester Airport, Manchester M90 4WP, England   |
Special Offer
Save 25% on Weekend Stays
Ranked #52 of 117 Hotels in Manchester
“WIFES JEWELLERY WENT MISSING FROM ROOM”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 14, 2011

We stayed for 1 night and at 0845 the next day they had a fire practice.
After 20 enjoyable minutes in the Manchester rain, we rushed back to our room, grabbed our cases and rushed to check in for our flight as we were now late.
We realised that my wife had left behind her jewellery and reported it, nothing had been handed in. The police have interviewed the room cleaner and she denies it, obviously.
I recommend you NEVER stay at this hotel.

Room Tip: Lock your valuables away
  • Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
GM_HiltonMA, Guest Relations Manager at Hilton Manchester Airport, responded to this review, August 26, 2011
Thank you for the comments you have made on this website. I appreciate your feedback and would like to personally respond.

The safety and security of our guests and team members are of paramount importance to us and we make every effort to ensure that all practices and standards are in line with strict safety regulations, which include routine fire evacuations. Whilst carrying out these regulations we always strive to minimize the disruption to our guests.

As soon as our management team became aware of the missing jewellery the local authorities were alerted and the police carried out for a full and thorough investigation.

Their decision was that there was no wrong doing on behalf of the team members at Hilton Manchester Airport and it was the police’s belief that the jewellery was lost and not stolen.

Please accept our sincere apologies for your disappointment at the loss of your jewellery and I’m sorry that that your stay did not meet your expectations of Hilton Manchester Airport. I hope to welcome you and your wife back to the hotel in the future.

Kind regards,

Sue Harman

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (208)
  • Turkish first
North Port, Florida
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2011

My wife and I stayed at the hotel for one night before our trip back to Florida and were just disappointed with the small details really. The hotel is located very close to the airport with a shuttle service that ran about every 25 minutes.
We got a late booking and arrived in good time to relax. The room was actually a disabled room on the ground floor. This wasn't so bad as the bathroom was quite big but it seemed we were right next to the area where the dining service for the conference rooms were, and the noise from the staff at 6am was terrible. doors banging, VERY loud talking about the previous evenings events is all well and good but 6am!!
The room was nice enough with tea, coffee facilities, flat screen tv, iron/board etc but the hotel just lacked the little touches that make your stay better.
We had dinner in the restaurant and the food was nice, if a little small, but at £22 for a 3 course meal it was very good value. What was not good value is £3.50 for a half glass of coke???? Also, in this day an age you'd think that the internet would be free but the price was crazy.. £5 for half an hour?? are you kidding me??? You needed the half hour too as the connection was so slow we gave up after 20 minutes trying to access sites.

Again. an average hotel that just needs to update the little things that makes the customer more comfortable..
We'll definitely try a different hotel next time...

• Stayed August 2011, traveled as a couple
Boston, Massachusetts
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 11, 2011

Good stay. Like most hotels at the Manchester Airport, you need to take a shuttle to get to the hotel: had to wait about ten minutes for the shuttle (at the train station) and the driver was very polite and helpful. Checked in efficiently by front desk, went to my room which was the typical size of a hotel room in England. Room was nicely furnished and comfortable and the mattress was of good quality. Room had air conditioning / heat and a fan, plenty of mirrors and lamps, high speed internet (free for me as I stay at Hilton Hotels a lot, but typically 15 GBP). Bathroom very nice and clean. Nice sized flat panel Philips television. Room service was efficient. Overall a very nice, but short stay.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled on business
Tyneside, England
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 9, 2011

We stayed at this hotel on Thursday 21 July and the staff couldnt have been more helpful. Firstly, we rang for the courtesy bus and this arrived in what seemed like seconds. Unfortunately, whilst on holiday I had an accident and ended up in a wheelchair and didnt think to tell the receptionist when we rang for the bus, however, the lady who picked us up was very concerned about my safety and rang back to the hotel to make sure there was a wheelchair waiting for us when we arrived (as we had to leave the airport one behind). This lady, whose name unfortunately I cannot remember (but she was on duty on the evening of this date and picked us up around 9:30pm), is a credit to your hotel and done everything she could to assist us.

Our room was nice and clean and just what we expected of an airport hotel, however, on our arrival we were advised there was a problem with the hot water and there was no shower available in our room! However, there were some rooms set aside for us to shower in but these were on the ground floor, which under normal circumstances wouldnt have been a problem, but due to me being in a wheelchair and unable to use one leg at all this resulted in me not being able to get showered after a very very long day. The receptionist did try and arrange for me to use a disabled bathroom in the morning, but due to the occupants not leaving until quite late that morning this was not possible. But yet again the staff did try everything they could. Also the room was very quiet and never heard any aircraft noise considering it is so close to the Terminals.

We had a meal in the restaurant, which allowed us in a little after closing time due to my circumstances, and our meal was very nice, but a bit pricey for what we got, and the staff who served us were lovely.

Breakfast again was really nice with a help yourself to anything, continental or cooked. Again the staff were lovey.

Once again - my sincere thanks to the staff on duty that evening and the following day, I am still hobbling around on crutches but getting there!

• Stayed July 2011, traveled as a couple
GM_HiltonMA, Guest Relations Manager at Hilton Manchester Airport, responded to this review, August 19, 2011
Dear Guest

Thank you so much for writing such a detailed review and I am glad to read that you are getting better now.

It is lovely to read that we looked after you so considerately. I would apologise once again for our boiler problem which did knock one of our boilers out and was out of our control for while. But, as ever, I believe we truly did try to make the best of our a bad situation and thank you so much for writing to acknowledge that. The lady from the shuttle bus is called Joanne and I shall certainly pass on your thanks.

I would like to think that your experience is a true reflection of the spirit we have here at the Hilton Manchester Airport. It is definitely one of care, of going the extra mile and understanding the needs of our guests, no matter what situation they find themselves in.

I hope you will be able to come back and stay with us again soon, this time with lots of hot water and no boiler problems!

Once again, thank you for writing such a lovely review and I would assure you of my best attention at all times.

Kind regards
Sue Harman
Scotland
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 7, 2011 via mobile

Hotel was fine and service ok but this is a really bland chain hotel with nothing in particular to note other than it's location for the airport which is really great. For that reason and because everything else is ok I would stay again - I just won't be loo excited about it!

• Stayed August 2011
Clacks
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 7, 2011

Stayed one night in this hotel with my family due to a very early flight he next day.
Were picked up very promptly from the airport (having flown in), and taken to the hotel (5 min trip).
Hotel is located very close to the airport, and we were not disturbed by the planes.
Had a family room which was clean and comfortable. Had paid for dinner in advance which I thought was of a very high standard. The staff in the restaurant were polite and attentive.
Unfortunately we had to leave the hotel before breakfast had started but they did give us a bag to take some fruit and pastries with us.
There is a gym, but I didn't use it.
Overall the staff were very courteous, polite and helpful and I would use this hotel again.

I liked the convenience of the hotel to the airport and the efficient courtesy bus.

Wolverhampton, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 7, 2011

We have used this hotel before when departing from Manchester Airport, it also included parking for our car.

The hilton offers you a good checking in and checking out service and parking facilities.

The room we booked was clean and modern, however since our last visit the decor has become a little shabby - stains on carpet and marks on the walls etc.

Good price for what you get would recommend as an airport hotel.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family

Been to Hilton Manchester Airport? Share your experiences!