“Great start to a holiday” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Save on Hotel Packages!
Ranked #29 of 117 Hotels in Manchester
Nuneaton
“Great start to a holiday”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 14, 2013

We booked a package at the Crowne Plaza with a room, dinner and parking for a holiday where we flew from Manchester. this is a large, busy hotel but very efficient. Check in was smooth and rooms are to a good quality. Shuttle buses run pretty much on demand and drivers are friendly and helpful. After a 'day before' check in we ate in the restaurant. The package we had booked included a set menu dinner but we were told we could eat a la carte and given a £20 'allowance' It was well worth it and for just a few more pounds the meal was very good. I will definitely rebook the Crowne Plaza next time we fly from Manchester

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
birchak, Manager at Crowne Plaza Manchester Airport, responded to this review, February 18, 2013
Thank you for your review and your stay. We look forward to welcoming you back here in the future.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (244)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Thai first
Preston, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 14, 2013

I've stayed here 3 times in the last month and 2 out of the 3 times it's been great. I think the first time must have been a one off bad time because I didn't have any toiletries or 'replenished' tea making facilities.

Also the first time I was there the bar man seemed to think it wa strange to want to order rare steak, which made me a little nervous!

The other two times have been fine, the rooms have been comfortable and clean and the staff are always friendly. The most recent time I stayed there I ate in the Asian restaurant which was delicious.

They have a very handy free shuttle between all terminals and the train station so I definitely recommend that if you have luggage. If not then terminal 3 is only a 5-10 min walk.

I would definitively recommend this hotel for anyone flying from Manchester Airport.

• Stayed January 2013
Thank you for your feedback and also for choosing to stay at our hotel. We take our guest comments very seriously and always strive to provide comfortable and friendly accommodations. I regret your first stay was not a perfect experience and am pleased you gave us a further chance to show you how great our hotel is
Chester, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 13, 2013 via mobile

Good reliable hotel next to the airport, breakfast has improved since last year but coffee is still dire. Nice rooms, helpful staff. Already booked for a flight in May. Shuttle bus drivers very helpful, we went into Manchester for my wife's birthday and got dropped and collected fron the airport station.

• Stayed February 2013
birchak, Manager at Crowne Plaza Manchester Airport, responded to this review, February 14, 2013
Thank you for choosing to stay at our hotel, I was delighted to read that you had a great stay and look forward to welcoming you back in May.
swansea
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 12, 2013

We went to the dominican last dec and made the most of checking our luggage in the day before we flew. We stayed at the Crowne Plaza on the airport and it was very resonable for 1 night and 15 days parking, A curtesy bus took us and brought us back from the terminal and they run every 15 minutes I think. It was very clean with a very comfortable bed and pillows and even thoug we could watch the airplanes we found it to be very quiet. Will book again the year definately. They take all the hastle out of the day before. We also had a nice meal in the irish bar.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Thank you for taking the time to post your comments onto the TripAdvisor website following your recent stay at the Crowne Plaza Manchester Airport.
I was delighted to read that you had a great stay.
Preston, United Kingdom
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 11, 2013

my wife and myself booked a weekend in ireland for our joint 50th birthdays,we booked the car park with holiday car care a company we have used 2-3 times per year for over 12 years now,during which we only ever had one problem that was beyond the control of either the hotel or car care.however on arriving back at manchester on sunday 10th feb on time at 20.40 we collected our bags cleared customs and made our way to the courtesy phones.on ringing the hotel before i had chance to speak i was asked to hold please? this i did for about 5 mins while the lady on the line was explaining(no doubt to a colegue the ins and outs of working the internet)as i was not put on hold the receiver was just put on a table/desk i could hear the conversation in full,despite trying to interupt, it was obvious i could,nt be heard.plan b? hang up ring back,perhaps on another line to contact the hotel ? line engaged. we then waited a while and tried again could not get through,by this time 20mins had passed so we walked in the rain and dark to the hotel(man airport is not designed for pedestrians) on arrival i asked why we were put on hold while the receptionist caried on with a conversation for over 5 mins(as the line was open and i could clearley hear talking)the reply was that the hotel is not responsable for any issue regarding holiday car care.so i then asked,when i phone from the airport who answers the phone,we do sir,here are your keys and have a safe journey home..I think that has got to be the worst case of customer relations i have come over in many a year,therefore i would never ever use this company again or use crowne plaza if this is an example of the staff attitude to customers.especially as the said staff were front of house on the reception.my advice..STAY CLEAR..

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you for your review regarding your recent experience. It is regrettable you were not satisfied with the service you received and I would like to address this with you further. I have sent you a private message to obtain more information about your stay. I look forward to hearing from you and being of further assistance.
Whitehaven, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 7, 2013

I stayed on Jan 19th to have a good nights sleep and not have to rush in the morning.
although only here one night at the start and one again on my return 1st Feb after a 27 hour delay. It was a lot more comfortable than my holiday hotel.
From the moment I entered reception to check out I was treated courtesly and effieciently
Both my visits I was on the first floor, and the rooms where of a high standard,
I had to miss breakfast the first time I stayed due to a misprint of departure time on my ticket, I did however have a fantastic English breakfast on my return,
One issue here is both times I was at this hotel I found the disabled bays full with none blue badge cars, I need the disabled parking
I would recommend this hotel to anyone looking for somewhere to stay before a flight, though at £12 a day for parking, park elsewhere
Didnt use the pool didn't realise there was one
The hotel provides a spray for your pillow to help you sleep, don't know if it works but I slept well
Highly recommend to avoid the rush to the airport

Room Tip: I stayed on the first floor, but don't think hotel would have a bad room, not for one night
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled solo
birchak, Manager at Crowne Plaza Manchester Airport, responded to this review, February 11, 2013
I was pleased to read that you enjoyed your recent stay as we are very proud of our level of service, cleanliness and quality of product. We hope to have the opportunity of welcoming you back to the hotel when you are next in the area.
Ipswich, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 6, 2013

This hotel feels like temporary accommodation, something similar to a construction site office. The layout, the structure, and the decor just feels temporary.

The room was OK, a typical mid-price hotel room - desk with chair, small table with chair, bed, bathroom, clothes hanger, etc. It was a long way from the reception area.

Whilst in the reception area, I enquired about the bar - apparently I was almost stood in it - it was just an area adjacent to the main door; it looked "temporary". I certainly had no welcoming appeal, no warmth or character - it was just an area to sit and consume expensive drinks.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled solo
Thank you for staying with us and leaving a review. I am deeply sorry you did not enjoy your overall stay with us. Your feedback is very important to us. We take all comments seriously and welcome any opportunity to improve. If there is any thing we can do to make your next stay more comfortable. Please do not hesitate to ask.

Been to Crowne Plaza Manchester Airport? Share your experiences!