“Only in an emergency” 2 of 5 stars

Ranked #99 of 117 hotels in Manchester
Nottingham, United Kingdom
“Only in an emergency”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 days ago NEW

The good points of this hotel were great location, quiet area, parking. The bad points far outweigh the good. There was no hot water so had to shower in cold water in the most filthy shower I've ever seen, the whole room, window and bathroom fixtures were at best grubby, at worst filthy. The towel was either dirty or badly stained with yellow marks (make up stains?) there was only one spoon & very little coffee, especially for a double room. There's no tv, there's a dangerous and pointless step going into the en suite which I fell down twice in the night and twisted my back. For some reason when my mom and I were in our underwear getting ready to go out a man came and knocked our door asking if we wanted our room hoovered - this was at 7pm at night! We stayed only one night and will not be returning. Yes it was cheap and I expect basic but I think hot water, hygiene & cleanliness IS a basic and this stay had none of these.
I don't know if wifi was available, if it was then we weren't told about it.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family

2 people have reviewed this hotel

Couples
Business
Blackburn, England
2 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

Due to a change of plans while in Manchester I looked online for a place to stay. I didn't need luxury so at £55 I had an idea on what to expect. We all know what an assumption is. A good welcome by 2 lads at the desk. I was taken to my room (38, also didn't lock properly when leaving the room) which was pretty much the same as any other cheap hotel. A double bed and a single, en suite shower room, wardrobe and a small amount of stuff for brews. You might have noticed that I didn't add the tv, that's because there wasn't one. I was shocked as well. When I said "there's no tv" the guy replied no it's in the lounge. Continental breakfast was a joke. Cornflakes or weetabix, stale bread, 2 juice options, awful coffee, a couple of jam choices and some fruit. What I was baffled about was the bathroom, it was up to date. New tiles all round and the shower looked great.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled solo

Been to Victoria Park Hotel? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Victoria Park Hotel

Address: 4 Park Crescent, Manchester M14 5RE, England
Location: United Kingdom > England > Greater Manchester > Manchester > Rusholme
Business Center with Internet Access Fitness Center with Gym / Workout Room Restaurant Swimming Pool Wheelchair access
Ranked #99 of 117 hotels in Manchester
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, BookingOdigeoWL, HotelsClick and Priceline so you can book your Victoria Park Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Victoria Park Manchester
Victoria Park Hotel Manchester

If you own or manage Victoria Park Hotel, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.