“Better than ever” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Eleven Didsbury Park

You added Eleven Didsbury Park to your Saves list
Eleven Didsbury Park
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   11 Didsbury Park, Manchester M20 5LH, England (Didsbury)   |
Ranked #10 of 117 Hotels in Manchester
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Pennines
“Better than ever”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 20, 2012

This has to be my most favourite hotels ever and have stayed several times. Have just returned from an overnight stay was in room 17. We have stayed in this room before and enjoyed it but it has since been refurbished and is now absolutely stunning. It's split level, the lounge, with comfy sofa and chair on the ground floor, has doors that lead directly out into the garden. Upstairs the bedroom is really spacious with roll-top bath in the room and separate bathroom with shower. There's also a small balcony with chairs and a table.
We ate in - the chunky chips are delicious. Breakfast is probably one of the best I've ever had, heaps of choice and everything is well set out and fresh.
And the staff and service is excellent. Very friendly and helpful.

Room Tip: All the rooms are good but if you want a treat try rooms 17 or 42 (I think).
  • Stayed February 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (47)
Sheffield, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 19, 2012

Stayed at this hotel for a belated valentines evening. What a perfect setting, beautifully decorated hotel and room! Perfect for a romantic getaway. All the staff were friendly and helpful... Definatley being going back and would recommend to anyone!

• Stayed February 2012, traveled as a couple
Sydney, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 22, 2012

We had 3 rooms for 4 nights over Christmas as we were visiting our daughter & family who live in Didsbury. We had a most enjoyable stay. It is a beautifully furnished boutique hotel. Great breakfast served in room looking out on walled garden. Friendly staff. Loved that santa had left chocolates at our doors on Christmas morning. Easy drive from here to the Peak District for a good day out.
Would stay there again.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled with family
South Manchester
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 4, 2012

Every New Years Eve, for the last four years, we have stayed at Eleven Didsbury Park. We have always been delighted with this hotel and feel it gets better every year. This a delightful boutique hotel with a lovely lounge to relax in with gentle music playing in the background and magazines to read, the bedrooms are really tastefully decorated with very comfortable beds. I had a really good nights sleep despite the activities of a New Years Eve party but best of all, was the breakfast served the following morning. Absolutely superb. The chap serving, I think, was the Manager and he really could not do enough to ensure we enjoyed our breakfast, continually filling our coffee cups and fresh orange juice glasses, and |I have to say, both my partner and I agreed that this was one of the best breakfasts we had enjoyed in a long time, and we do stay in alot of nice hotels around the country.

Finally, service excellent. All the staff extremely pleasant, friendly and accommodating.

Do try this hotel if you are ever staying in Manchester; very near all the motorways and a ten minute drive to Manchester Airport,

Room Tip: As this isnt a "noisy" resential area, I would be happy to stay in any of the rooms.
  • Stayed December 2011, traveled as a couple
Steppingley, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 1, 2012

My wife and I stayed for three nights over new years eve, service was great, room 42 was large with a good size bed, nice and quite, felt more like a country house hotel than a city one and the Irish breakfast was the best cooked breakfast I've ever had!

• Stayed December 2011
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 6, 2011

We stayed at this hotel for my husband's birthday. The weather was awful, so we checked in early, as we couldn't think of anything else to do. This was no trouble for the staff, who were very polite and friendly.
We stayed in room 17, which has recently been refurbished. I don't think that I've stayed in a nicer room anywhere else, ever. It has two levels- lounge with patio doors onto a nice walled garden downstairs and bedroom upstairs with a balcony onto the garden. Very tastefully decorated with a bath in the bedroom, nice toiletries, all spotless and a great shower.
We ordered a bottle of the house Champagne, which was good, and sat in the bath and watched the storm, and the combination of the terrible weather and the lovely relaxing room made us just stay put and chill out for the afternoon, which made a lovely change.
We ate out at The Lime Tree in Didsbury (very nice) and when we came back to the room the staff had scattered rose petals on our bed! This was a lovely touch- I don't think I've ever slept on petals before. If only we'd known, we'd probably have tidied up a bit before going out!
Nice breakfast the next morning, served until 10.30am- very civilised. All in all it was a lovely treat and I recommend it for everyone.

Room Tip: Room 17 was lovely
  • Stayed November 2011, traveled as a couple
Glasgow, Scotland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 10, 2011

Having stayed in Great John St hotel a few months ago we decided to stay at Eleven Didsbury Park as part of a long weekend away (we were going to stay in the Lake District for three nights but ended up doing two here instead because the luxury you get here would cost double in the Lakes).

We arrived bang on check in time (earliest we've even gotten to a hotel!) and were met with a lovely welcome from two of the girls on the staff. I loved the fact that the entire place felt like a home rather than a hotel! We chilled out in our massive room (an eclectic villa choice) and we were going to order room service but after a nap decided to dine out. On our return from Felicini's (highly recommended by one of the guys working at Eleven Didsbury and duly so) we had a quiet drink in the lounge area. We were the only guests so were able to chill by the fireplace with a nice drink and a good chat rather than heading straight to our room as we often have to do in hotels. I have rarely felt so welcomed by the staff of a hotel; or so at home and comfortable just being around the hotel. It really felt like we had the full run of the place because it was so peaceful and truly had that boutique feel about it. One of the girls was even lovely enough to take our picture as we'd gotten engaged the day before and hadn't been able to get a picture of both of us together!

As we were staying two nights we wandered into the town the next day - a proper little English village feeling place and plenty of shops, restaurants, etc to keep you occupied on a long weekend. We thought we'd have to go into central manchester for entertainment but actually a wee walk in town was just right. The room was so welcoming and comfortable that we just headed back there to veg out, watch some films and TV and play some chess courtesy of the chess set in the room! Proper relaxation and exactly what we wanted/needed!

Room service menu is limited but perfectly apt for even the fussiest of eaters (me!) and entirely what would be expected of a hotel this size (probably more so because some hotels of this size don't even offer room service). I am also very thankful to the member of staff (I really should get names in future!) who kindly met my request to turn the chunky handcut chips into skinny chips for my fussy fiance! Now THAT is the kind of service that sets a hotel out from the rest and lives up to the boutique label.

At every step of the way the staff were lovely and super helpful - even on the check out day where I had to call reception to check the time because the clocks went back and we had altered our mobile phones and they then also did it themselves so we had three different times on various watches and clocks! Thankfully I didn't have to let the plug go on that bath I had just run and was looking forward to! The 12 noon check out on weekends is fabulous too - nothing worse than being chucked out of a hotel at 10am on a weekend!

Great power shower (not as big as the one in great john st we had used before but still bigger than any I had seen prior to the Great John St stay), lovely deep free standing bath (I had my reservations about it being in the same room as the bed and worried about dampness etc but really this is absolutely nothing to worry about as the bath has no effect on the rest of the room it is in! Amazingly!). Most comfortable bed I have slept in in ages and lovely fluffy pillows.

I also swear that this room is the most peaceful nights hotel sleep I have ever had. Usually I get woken by doors slamming and people talking etc but first night I slept soundly (an amazing feat for me!) and the next night I was only interrupted by some drunk people whittering on at 3am at the tops of their voices but they soon went away. I don't know whether it is the area the hotel is in, the hotel design, the ethos around the hotel or what but this really did feel like a little haven without sacrificing amenities and convenience. I came back feeling infinitely more relaxed than I expected.

Room Tip: We opted for an eclectic villa and felt it was worth that little bit extra. We wanted the veranda s...
  • Stayed October 2011, traveled as a couple

Been to Eleven Didsbury Park? Share your experiences!