“Great neighbourhood restaurant” 5 of 5 stars

0161 434 7524
Website
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
Piccolino is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #492 of 1,643 restaurants in Manchester
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Dinner, Reservations, Late Night
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Dinner, Reservations, Late Night
Edinburgh, United Kingdom
“Great neighbourhood restaurant”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 3, 2013

Popped into Piccolino recently for an early dinner in the nice weather. Lovely to sit on the terrace. Service - as usual - was great. I had the Sardinia fish stew - well worth the money, full of mussels, squid, white fish, clams and prawns. Absolutely delicious. My wife had the crab spaghetti. We always have a good experience at Piccolino.

• Visited August 2013

69% Recommend
Lancaster, UK
“Fab meal!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 2, 2013 via mobile

We ate here on a Thurs eve, superb service & fabulous food, albeit a little on the expensive side. Would definitely return though!

• Visited August 2013
Ilkley, United Kingdom
“First Class”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 1, 2013 via mobile

I visited with 5 colleagues for dinner and the whole experience can only be described as first class. Great service, great ambiance and great food.

The pizzas are a bit quirky (who ever thought up broccoli as a pizza ingredient?) so I don't normally eat them straight off the menu, but with a bit of adapting they are excellent. On this occasion however we all ate steak as the mains, all perfectly cooked on the charcoal grill and with regards mine, bone in sirloin it was delicious. Starters comprised king prawns in garlic butter and tomato and garlic pizza to share.

All in all a fantastic night, three bottles if good red, 2 courses for 6 and change out of £260 so no complaints whatsoever.

• Visited July 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
“Very expensive for it's food and the service.”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2013

We visited last night Piccolino restaurant in West Didsbury.
We were unpleasantly surprised with the prices on the menu.
I had a lovely meal in a well known restaurant Michelin star awarded and I found out that the prices were very similar, but not the quality of the food.
We had two pizzas and unfortunately we were both very disappointed. Mine was very dry almost burnt I would say, with an overcooked hard egg in the middle, and my partner had a calzone pizza with 3 small meatballs inside and 2 pieces of row onion. The pizzas were probably the worst we had for long time. The waitress was hardly smiling, quite professional but not pleasant. A night that I looked forward to enjoy in a " nice " (as I remembered before my last night's visit) restaurant turn to a "let's just go back home night".
Why to want to stay out in a restaurant and spend my money when the people don't make me feel welcome, the service and the food I got was highly overpriced and the food also and most important was badly prepared and poor? Can anybody think of a worst combination for a restaurant?
I can't think of any...
I hope you'll change your food and service as fast as you have changed your prices from high to very high and you'll probably save your restaurant.
Very disappointed.

• Visited July 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
Macclesfield, United Kingdom
“Nice food but overpriced.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 18, 2013 via mobile

Avoid the specials friend had swordfish which was very small then had to pay extra for a side dish of potatoes it was very poor value for money .pizza although not cheap offer best value for money. The restaurant is very nice. Great seating area outside. Staff pleasant. I would go here again if friends suggested it but I would not pick it myself.

• Visited June 2013