“No.4 is No.1 in Didsbury” 5 of 5 stars
Review of No. 4 Dine & Wine

No. 4 Dine & Wine
4 Warburton Street, Manchester M20 6WA, England (Didsbury)
+44 161 445 0448
Website
Improve this listing
Ranked #8 of 1,766 Restaurants in Manchester
Cuisines: European, English, International, Fusion
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Reservations, Late Night
Neighborhood: Didsbury
Description: No.4 Dine and Wine opened in 2005 and has gone from strength to strength with a huge amount of regular customers from Didsbury and surrounding areas.Still owned and managed by Paul & Nina Burton who take part in the day to day running of the restaurant with a small team of friendly loyal staff.Menus are seasonal using as many local suppliers as possible. All dishes are homemade including bread baked every day, desserts and their popular chocolate truffles served with coffee.Ideal for a relaxed meal whether popping in for an early dinner or a special occasion. Small parties can also be catered for.Friendly & efficient service with the chance to watch the chefs in the kitchen! Booking advisable but not always essential.
Manchester
“No.4 is No.1 in Didsbury”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 15, 2012

Known about this place for a while but never went as we always went to Jem & I. Not happy with recent visits to jem & I so decided at last to try No.4. I can't beleive what we have been missing out on all this time. Absolutely fantastic!! Food beautifully cooked and full of flavour. So much on the menu that I wanted to try and I'll be back again soon to do so. Lovely setting as well, very relaxed and friendly. Also very reasonably priced. No4 is No1.

Visited February 2012

“Great hidden restaurant”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 7, 2012

Laying off the main road, this hidden gem is an amazing find. The quality of the food is very high and delicious.

The atmosphere is lovely and modern, and the service was always with a smile.

• Visited February 2012
Liverpool, United Kingdom
“Top restaurant, great food - a hidden gem”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2012

I ate here with my partner and our friend and can honestly say it was one of the best meals we've had for a long time. The restaurant is cosy, being as it is in a converted terraced cottage. I love the fact that there is a large opening into the kitchen and if you're conveniently placed you can see your food being prepared.

For staters I had the chicken liver brushetta with leeks, Madiera, pine nuts and sweet chilli sauce, my partner had tempura battered tiger prawns with baby gem lettuce, Caesar dressing and shaved Parmesan, and my friend had the Scottish oak smoked salmon on warm potato cake (well he is Scottish!). We each tried the others' and agreed that they were all very good indeed.

For the main course I had the roast rump of lamb with hot potatoes, minted peas and leeks and redcurrant sauce, my parter had grilled sea bass fillet on Morcambe Bay shrimp and garden pea risotto, and our friend had the pan fried calves liver, smoked bacon rashers, sauted spinach, creamy mash and onion rings. Once again, each dish was delicious and cooked to perfection.

For dessert I had the white chocolate brulee tart with raspberry ripple ice cream (I watched it being 'bruleed'!), my partner had the ice cream, and our friend had the Banoffee pie. An excellent end to a fulfilling meal.

Given the high quality of both the food and the service, the prices were very reasonable, with starters ranging from £4.25 to £7.95, dinner mains from £10.95 to the £18.95 sirloin, and desserts from £5.75 to £6.95.

We had a fantastic evening of fine food and will certainly be returning in future.

• Visited January 2012
“tucked away”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 15, 2011

Not on the main street of Didsbury so not that many people know about it. Small and comfortable. Open kitchen and very good English food with a twist. Service is excellent. It is a bit quiet in the atmoshere as it is small but well worth a try. Very reasonable prices.

Visited February 2011
Manchester, United Kingdom
“Cosy, friendly atmosphere with excellent food”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 8, 2011 via mobile

I have been to many restaurants and hotels in the UK, I have also paid extortionate prices for food that is supposed to be a la carte, but I find that every meal I have I compare to my special restaurant the No 4 in Didsbury The food is excellent, with seasonal changes. The service and atmosphere is brilliant and the price is very reasonable. So If you are in the area and looking for a decent meal at a reasonable price take my advice and give the No4 a try. Oh it isn't open Mondays Happy eating