“Amazing room” 5 of 5 stars

4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   16 Peter St, Manchester M60 2DS, England   |
Ranked #15 of 117 Hotels in Manchester
“Amazing room”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 4, 2013 via mobile

We stayed at The Midland Hotel following our wedding earlier in the day and it did not disappoint. We arrived a little early for check in and our room was not ready but the very helpful staff offered to take our bag up to the room while we headed off to our wedding reception. On getting back to the room later on in the evening, we were greeted by the most spectacular room...the beds are huge and so comfy, the living area was massive and the styling just to our taste. The staff were also able to facilitate some room service out of the normal hours which was above and beyond what was required.

We can't thank everyone at The Midland for making our special day extra special.

• Stayed November 2013
Thomas S, Guest Relations Manager at The Midland, responded to this review, November 5, 2013
Dear ZoeG120,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your visit to the hotel, I'm pleased to read such great comments regarding the hotel staff and your room, I will pass your thanks onto the whole team here.

I hope to welcome you back to The Midland soon.

Guest Relations Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (506)
  • Thai first
Blackburn, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 4, 2013

I booked the hotel for my husbands birthday and the staff were very friendly and welcoming when we arrived. The reception area is very grand and definitely sets the feel for the hotel. Our room was on the 6th floor, very spacious and clean with a comfy king size bed. We did have a few negatives about the stay, on the saturday morning early on we were woken to loud banging etc from the room below which we presumed were the cleaners, unfortunately we had been hoping for a lie in. The bathroom door was also quite difficult to open, it seemed to stick and need a shove to open. I tried to have a relaxing bath to find the water only came out luke warm and instead decided to have a shower, strangely the shower water was warmer.
The location of the hotel is very good, outside of the main town centre but not too far that you can't enjoy a walk to the centre and deansgate for restaurants there.
Overall we had a good break and the hotel room was very comfy and clean, little touches like the table with the mirror inside added that little extra to the room although I have to agree with previous reviews and maybe not call the rooms superior for the price paid.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear ZoeG120,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your visit to the hotel, I'm pleased to read such great comments regarding the hotel lobby, it's location and especially our staff, who I know will be thrilled that their hard work has been appreciated.

I have passed your comments regarding the noise and maintenance issues onto our Executive Head Housekeeper and Maintenance Manager who will speak with their teams to ensure that instances such as those you describe are not overlooked in the future.

I hope to welcome you back to The Midland soon.

4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 3, 2013

We stayed as a couple for one night to celebrate my partners birthday. Check in was smoothly done and we were upgraded due to the fact we were celebrating a birthday!
Our room on the third floor was spacious, clean and comfortable with an enormous king sized that provided us with a good night sleep, as well as a clean bathroom with a very good shower and bath. Being as clumsy as I am I managed to lock my things in the safe and forget the number to open it..... Security came and sorted it without delay thankfully.
We didn't have breakfast in the hotel so I can't pass judgment on that, however for our shirt visit to Manchester the midland was perfect. Would return again without fail!

• Stayed November 2013
Dear Ecnm23,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay at The Midland, I'm pleased to read such great comments regarding the bedrooms and the service you received. I hope we managed to make your partner's birthday extra special.

I hope to welcome you back to the hotel soon.

2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 2, 2013

I booked this hotel for myself and my partner to celebrate our 5 year anniversary as i had heard very good reviews from friends and family. The hotel is grand, clean and tidy and rooms spacious (although would not call them superior). We arrived promptly at 3 to check in and had to que for quite a while, there was no offer of help for our luggage either. I booked us into a superior room although was quite dissapointed and expected more for the amount we paid. We decided to have a drink in the bar before we went out for our meal, the waiter took us to our table and said he would give us a couple of minutes before taking our order, 15 minutes later he had not returned and by then we had enough of waiting and walked out. Prices for drinks are ridiculous and to have you waiting that long is shocking too. Our stay included breakfast which was convenient, however after waiting in a long que for a free table we was made to share a table with another couple who we didnt even know! I understand that this time in the day is very busy but for the amount we paid for a one night stay we atleast expect our own table. The food was tasteless and cold and people were waiting a long time for clean plates. Overall such a dissapointing stay

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear ncrompton2,

Thank you for your feedback following your recent stay at The Midland. I'm sorry that your experience did not live up to your expectations. Unfortunatley with check-in being guarenteed from 15:00 reception does tend to be quite busy around that time. Although we try to make the check-in process as speedy as possible, we do have to ensure that we are conveying the neccisary information to our guests.

I have aked our Head Concierge to speak to the rest of his team and ensure that they are being pro-active in offering our porterage service. I have aslo spoken with our Food & Beverage Manager regarding the issues with the Lounge and Breakfast service - he is looking into why you were kept waiting for so long on both occasions.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 30, 2013

Excellent hotel, rooms, amenities and staff. This was my second visit, following organising a big conference there last year - I was made to feel very welcome, like an old friend and was well looked after.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Thomas S, Guest Relations Manager at The Midland, responded to this review, November 1, 2013
Dear Sel-Aj,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay at The Midland, I'm pleased to read such great comments regarding the hotel and especially our staff, who I know will be thrilled that their hard work has been appreciated.

I hope to welcome you back to the hotel soon.

west yorkshire
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 29, 2013

Stayed at the Midland on business trip (Sept) – good location for Manchester Central
Great first impression via door & reception staff and beautiful entrance hall. First room offered rather small and I noticed a large light right outside my window! Immediately asked for a change, staff quickly sorted this out for me, 2nd room larger with funny headboards that moved (one fell off) & the shabby chic deco was not quite right, but lovely large bathroom so happy enough.
However I felt I wasn’t alone, there appeared to be a shadow that moved from the door across the entrance area & went into the wardrobe where the once must have been a door the shadow appeared to be a small cat & it was very active especially on the second night!
I’m booked to go back next week hopefully not to same room!
The breakfast was tops, great scrambled eggs and lots of piping hot coffee – again lovely staff

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
Thomas S, Guest Relations Manager at The Midland, responded to this review, October 30, 2013
Dear Regus,

Thank you for your review of The Midland, I'm pleased that our staff gave a great first impression and that you thought the hotel offered a good location for your trip.

It's also great to read that we have a report of another resident ghost at The Midland, although I think this is the first cat we've heard of!

I look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel next week.

4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 28, 2013

Traditional hotel with lovely period rooms with Contemporary bathrooms, Bar area lacks atmosphere but worth a stay.
Good location too explore the sights of the city and the reception staff very helpful.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear KARENWD54,

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review of your stay, I'm pleased to read such great comments regarding the bedrooms, bathrooms and location.

I will pass your compliments onto the reception staff and I hope to welcome you back to The Midland soon.

Guest Relations Manager

Been to The Midland? Share your experiences!