“Brilliant old place.” 5 of 5 stars
Review of The Midland

You added The Midland to your Saves list
The Midland
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   16 Peter St | Use M2 4NQ for SatNavs, Manchester M60 2DS, England   |
Ranked #17 of 117 Hotels in Manchester
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Dover, United Kingdom
“Brilliant old place.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 28, 2013

Beautiful from the outside and also inside. Great history comes with this hotel and you feel pretty special staying here. Got a good last minute deal so the price was fantatsic for such a top quality place. Good location and superb staff.

Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Mmagrane, General Manager at The Midland, responded to this review, April 2, 2013
Dear Dan H

Thank you for your review following your recent stay at The Midland. I'm pleased to read that you had such a wonderful stay and I look forward to welcoming you back in the future.

Michael Magrane,

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (543)
  • Thai first
Collingwood, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 28, 2013

The Midland would be an excellent choice for anyone. Everyone was friendly (the doorman, reception, servers, chambermaids, exercise staff and management) and the overall hospitable experience left us feeling well looked after.
The traditional High Tea was quite tasty and very complete with a lot of choice and quantity. The breakfast menu was extensive and of good quality.
The location is great for the many sites (including theatre) which you can walk to or the trains, buses and taxis are at the doorstep.
Our room was pristine and was cleaned in a timely manner and kept well stocked by delightful chambermaids. Many thanks to all!!!!
Great location, great service........GREAT HOTEL!!

Room Tip: 3rd floor was very quiet and a nice view to the front.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
Dear Willene C

Thank you for your excellent review. Your comments regarding the hotel and particularly the staff and service are greatly appreciated as we pride ourselves on the service we deliver.

I hope we can welcome you back to The Midland in the future.

Oswestry, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 28, 2013

My friend and I have just returned from an overnight stay at The Midland hotel. What can I say but had an absolutely brilliant time. It is the best hotel I have ever stayed in , at home or abroad. This was our 3rd stay and are always looking for an excuse to go back!! The food is excellent, the hotel is spotless with sumptuous surroundings, the staff cannot to enough for you. Our room was amazing!! Did not want to leave!! However, leave we had to and to my horror on the way home on the train, I discovered I had left my Kindle in the room. I was upset!! I rang the hotel who put me through to Joe Mossford ( Security manager) who was just brilliant! He located my Kindle, and posted it to me Special delivery on the Monday and I received it Tuesday!! I cannot thank him enough. What a Star! But that is what makes The Midland so special, the staff make it so!Also it is so well situated for the trains, the shopping area and the M.E.N.Arena So if anyone is off to Manchester stay at The Midland, you will not be disappointed. Thank you The Midland!

Room Tip: Don't need to they are all Excellent!
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
Dear bpj-2

Thank you for taking the time to post a review following your recent stay at The Midland. I'm delighted that you had such a fantastic stay and received such excellent service from Joe, I will ensure that he sees your comments.

I look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel in the future.

Lancaster, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 26, 2013

Famous then for the historical business meeting between Mr Rolls and Mrs Royce (1904) and still a well deserved reputation for excellence now almost 109 years later! We stayed for one night whilst attending a concert ("Clannad", they were brilliant too!), just across the road at The Bridgewater Hall - Fantastic stay - Thank you to all the staff who were very helpful and highly professional. The bed was the most comfortable I have ever slept in in a hotel. The Midland has a central location with plenty of excellent restaurants within walking distance if you don't want to eat in the Hotel itself. We ate at the "Halle Restaurant" in Bridgewater Hall and also in Jamie Oliver's Restaurant, both were excellent. The only minor drawback was the lack of hotel parking and the nearest parking was the Manchester Central NCP car park across the road, which cost us almost £19 for 24 hours with no hotel concession for guests - but I guess that's the price you have to pay for the city center location. We felt that our stay was very good value for money and we enjoyed it so much I think we will be planning a few more regular trips to stay here - There is so much to do in Manchester, it's GREAT!

Room Tip: Rooms are excellent but views aren't so great and are mainly of the streets - But to quote a fam...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Mmagrane, General Manager at The Midland, responded to this review, March 27, 2013
Dear Oldilocks

Thank you for posting a review following your recent stay at The Midland. I'm delighted to read that you had such a wonderful stay and that the team here played such a part in that. It's also great to hear of your intention to return and I hope to see you here again soon.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 25, 2013

After attending a dinner dance at this wonderful hotel we decided last minute to stay over the staff were hugely accomodating and at midnight managed to find us a superb room. Having stayed in hotels across Manchester I have to say this is by far the best. We stayed in a beautiful room where the staff did everything to help. At 4 in the morning room service was quick efficient with a good range of food available and friendly staff to deliver it. The bar staff in the residents bar were helpful and provided us with superb table service.
At breakfast there was a big selection with a gluten free option for my partner which was fantastic.
Check out was easy quick and efficient.
Would definitely stay here and again and recommend it to anyone staying in Manchester.

• Stayed March 2013
Dear Ciaramaloney

Thank you for your excellent review following your recent and unexpected stay at The Midland. I'm delighted that you were able to experience the fantastic service offered by our team as well as the hotel facilities. Your recommendation is much appreciated and I hope that we can welcome you back soon.

Oxford
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 25, 2013

Stayed here with the familly for a wedding. Travel cot supplied by hotel, big room and all the facilities we could need for a 2 night stay. The swimming pool was empty first thing Monday morning, as we're the other leisure facilities. Helpful door staff to point us in the right direction. Parked in the public car park opposite which was handy if a little expensive at £40 for 2 days.
Would highly recommend for a stay in central Manchester.

• Stayed March 2013
Dear Philcollins50

Thank you for taking the time to review The Midland following your recent stay. Your positive comments and recommendation are greatly appreciated and I hope that we can welcome you back to the hotel in the future.

Oxford, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 25, 2013

And do you know what nothing did!!!! We had a great meeting at this lovely hotel. Now I know my last review of this place was less than pleasing but this time with a huge meeting to deliver the team at The Midland pulled out the stops. 175 delegates for 2 days, 2 parallel sessions, dinner for 180 etc there was the propensity for it all to go wrong. However, all was good. The Ops Team were great, they gave us a bat phone and we could call as and when we needed them. The food was all delivered on time and the dinner on Saturday night was very good considering the numbers catered for.

Oh and they upgraded me and left me gifts in my room - not that I am shallow enough to let this influence me but hey they didn't have to.

Thanks Team - our initial feedback from delegates concurred with us as well. Great venue and next time we are considering Manchester you will definitely be on the list.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Mmagrane, General Manager at The Midland, responded to this review, March 26, 2013
Dear Siobhan W

Thank you for taking the time to post a review following your recent visit to The Midland. I'm delighted that we were able to provide an improved experience than that of your previous visit and your positive comments particularly regarding the team and their service are greatly appreciated.

I hope that we can welcome you back to the hotel in the future.

Michael Magrane

Been to The Midland? Share your experiences!