“Perfect Romantic Getaway” 5 of 5 stars

4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   16 Peter St, Manchester M60 2DS, England   |
Ranked #15 of 117 Hotels in Manchester
“Perfect Romantic Getaway”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 20, 2012 via mobile

This hotel is beautiful. The only thing we could fault is the service from a young blonde girl in the lounge bar in the evening.

Gorgeous room, very comfortable bed, delicious breakfast, attentive friendly staff.

We'll be back!

• Stayed February 2012
ManagerManchester, General Manager at The Midland, responded to this review, February 23, 2012
Dear annahendy,

Many thanks for taking the time to review The Midland and for your kind comments in general and where we didn't quite make it please be assured that I will ask the team to ensure that every single interaction counts. I'm so pleased that you enjoyed your time with us overall and that you will be returning in the near future; which of course we look forward to.

The Midland

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (506)
  • Thai first
Bedfordshire
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 20, 2012

I checked in on business after a very long day & a rotten journey thanks to the M6! I instantly relaxed due to a very warm welcome from both concierge (who helped with my luggage) and reception. Checked into a fabulous room on the 5th floor - a pity to be on my own as would have loved my husband to have been with me. The room was both comfortable, clean with the most comfortable bed I've slept in for a long time. Dinner was terrific & served by very pleasant staff.
I will definitely choose The Midland again on my next visit to Manchester, but think i might have to take my husband with me next time!

Room Tip: Not sure; but if my room is anything to go by; truly wonderful!
  • Stayed February 2012, traveled on business
ManagerManchester, General Manager at The Midland, responded to this review, February 21, 2012
Dear LadyLuckBedfordshire,

Thank you so much for your kind comments it is appreciated and we too would be delighted to see your husband and yourself return to the hotel.

worcestershire
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 20, 2012

cannot express highly enough how much we enjoyed our weekend at this hotel. Rooms were huge with 3 double beds in each , lovely bathroom with robes and soft towels., beds were heavenly . Breakfast was first class and the spa although quite small was really nice. The biggest wow of all was the staff a credit to any employer, everyone from breakfast staff, reception , spa and even the consierge went to our car for us for something we had forgotten. Superb, would recommend to anyone.

Room Tip: 345 was superb
  • Stayed February 2012, traveled with friends
Dear SusieWorcestershire,

Thank you for your kind words about your stay, your room, the ambience and breakfast but most of all thank you for your comments about our great team who always try to make every guests time with us extra special.

We look forward to your return.

Manchester, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 19, 2012

My friend and I had the Champagne Afternoon Tea in the beautiful Octagon (?) Lounge. The sandwiches were to die for and were so good that, even though I have preference for cakes, I could have happily spent all afternoon eating them. The cakes, particularly the scones, were the best I have had anywhere in Manchester. We were served by 2 smiling helpful, but not intrusive, young ladies who seemed to enjoy their job (a rarity these days).

All in all a lovely experience I will certainly repeat. Highly recommended as a treat for Mothers day or any other occassion where elegance and good food are called for.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled with friends
Dear Colleen I,

Many thanks for your kind comments about Afternoon Tea and your time with us at The Midland Hotel it is appreciated. The team on the Lounge and our chefs do a fantastic job in delivering to such a high standard so consistently although serving it in this magnificent building does help as I'm sure you will know.

Thank you once again and we look forward to your return.

kayzee70
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 19, 2012

We stayed at the midland for 1 night bed, breakfast and dinner. When i checked in the receptionist was very pleasant and helpful. The lobby is quite breath taking.We stayed on the second floor and our room was spacious and very clean. The bed was huge and extremely comfortable. The dinner was superb, I'd not had a Manchester tart since my primary school days and i can say it was better than i could ever remember. We usually stay at the five star lowry hotel, but i fancied a change and i'm glad i did. I would without a doubt stay at The Midland again. The reason i didn't give top marks is that we had breakfast in bed. I was dissapointed when it arrived an hour earlier than we had asked for it to be brought to our room and it was cold.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear Kayzee70,

Thanks so much for taking the time to review us and for your feedback. I'm sorry about the matter with Breakfast as normally we get that right first time so I shall make the team aware and look for instant improvement. Please let me know personally when you are next staying with us so I can ensure we exceed your expectations on that occasion.

Manchester
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 18, 2012

My husband treated me to an ovenight stay after eating in The French Restaurant for Valentine's Day. The dining experiance was magical due to the care and attention of Anibel and his staff and I found out later that my husband had received a call from Michael in the French asking if he wanted to reserve a table this year, as we had dined in the restaurant thre the previous valentine's day - exceptional standard of service. Our meal and stay were fabulous and here'e hoping to a repeat visit next February!

Room Tip: May be seen as a litte more expensive than other hotels within the area, but you certainly get what...
  • Stayed February 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear STB4JAB,

Thank you for taking the time to review The Midland and The French it is appreciated. I won't add much more as you have highlighted the unique nature of one of the very best Restaurants in the UK and the care and attention that Anibal, Michael and the team put into delivering a consistently fantastic experience; save to say as always we look forward to your return.

Teddington, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 17, 2012 via mobile

Booked some time in advance and managed to secure a fantastic rate for a two night stay including breakfast.

The location is excellent and served us well during our trip to Manchester. The rooms were clean and well maintained - I have to make a special mention about how comfortable the bed was.

We took advantage of the swimming pool and sauna.... Both were fairly basic but served us really well and the staff were very helpful.

Both the hot and cold buffet breakfast were very good - and we took advantage of the room service delivery option on the second morning, which was very convenient.

The only few points I would pick on would be the hairdryers in the room (pretty useless), the sealed windows so became stuffy at night, and the service in the bar was very slow at times.

Otherwise the hotel was great and would stay again if in the area.

• Stayed February 2012
Dear Kimmymack,

Thanks for taking the time to review us and for your feedback. Where you have told us about what went well is appreciated. Where you have highlighted areas that we can work on I can assure you that we are onto them already.

Once again thank you and we look forward to your return.

The Midland

Been to The Midland? Share your experiences!