“Great Hotel & covenience to Arport a huge plus” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Bewleys Hotel Manchester Airport

You added Bewleys Hotel Manchester Airport to your Saves list
Bewleys Hotel Manchester Airport
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Outwood Lane | Manchester Airport, Manchester M90 4HL, England   |
Ranked #40 of 117 Hotels in Manchester
South Africa
“Great Hotel & covenience to Arport a huge plus”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 12, 2010

We needed a hotel close to Manchester Airport to board our early morning flight (06h00) flight to Amsterdam. The staff were proffesional and friendly. The rooms were spacious, clean and comfortable. The entire hotel exudes a relaxed, unhurried atmosphere and the rates were reasonable. We'll definately return and would highly recommend Bewleys

• Stayed December 2009, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (497)
Leicestershire
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 8, 2010

This is a busy airport hotel offering inclusive parking and mass catering of average quality. I booked pre and post a long haul holiday and my review is a tale of two halves. Upon arrival I was met by a pleasant receptionist who explained that cars are taken off site and I needed to park in a numbered bay on land accessed at the rear the hotel- a solitary 5 minute walk away-not particularly comfortable in the dark. I stressed the need for a quiet room, which I was given and booked this for my return. I was lucky to be able to land at Manchester just before Christmas, as it was the beginning of the freezing blizzard period. Tired and cold after a 12 hour flight, I discovered that the courtesy buses park a 10 min walk away from the terminal building - presumably for security reasons. Eventually arriving back at the hotel, I discovered that my booking could not be found. I produced an email confirming my details and mentioned that I had rebooked my original room during my first visit - I again requested a quiet room as I was planning to get some sleep before driving back to the Midlands in rapidly deteriorating weather conditions.The receptionist handed me my car keys and apologised that the car company had not indicated in the appropriate box precisely where they had parked my car but said that I should be able to find it easily enough as it was not particularly busy.She also apparently ignored my request allocating me to the only room directly above the hotel laundry . One of the beds had hairs on the sheet and the laundry sprang into action after an hour - the noise was intolerable and it was impossible to sleep. I returned to reception and was immediately and inexplicably allocated the room I had originally requested. By the time I transferred myself and my luggage I realised that I couldn't go to sleep and decided to find my car and leave. Admittedly the hotel cannot be responsible for the weather but when I asked whether someone could bring my car round as I was not appropriately dressed for such conditions, I was bluntly told no because they were not insured. I slipped along the pathway towards the car park - which was almost full plus all the cars were indistinguishable , being covered in a thick blanket of snow. After 15 minutes of slipping around I eventually found mine, transferred my luggage and left the hotel. Would I fly from Manchester again? Definitely - the airport is highly efficient . Would I stay at this hotel again? Definitely not- there was a complete absence of any willingness to help on the part of reception staff - I suggest that had they paid more diligence towards paperwork then this would have avoided an unpleasant end to what was otherwise a lovely holiday.

• Stayed December 2009, traveled solo
Staffordshire
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 1, 2010

We stopped at this hotel the night before our flight and paid £89 for the hotel room and 8 days parking. Check-in was quite painless and quick, they gave us a hanging ticket to put in our car which was left in the same spot we parked in and we were told to keep our car keys with us. We were given room 101 which was directly opposite the lifts, I would stay at the hotel again but ask for a room away from the lifts.
The problem is not the lifts but the very ill-mannered and ignorant guests that were VERY noisy at 4am and let their young children scream and shout while they were waiting for the lifts!!! I haven't let these rude people affect the hotels review, because no sound-proofing could have muffled the noise they were making.

Our room was very nice and spacious, with an average size double bed and a sofa (which I think was a sofa-bed). The bathroom was clean and had a good shower. For some reason the kettle and tea and coffee is hidden in a drawer under the TV - took some getting out! We didn't eat at the hotel, so can't comment on the food I'm afraid.

The shuttle arrived quickly both to and from the terminal. The hotel is literally a 5min walk from Terminal 1 so when we arrived back from our holiday we had planned to just walk back to collect our car. Unfortunately it was raining very heavy so rather than find the courtesy phone and wait for the shuttle we jumped in a black cab out front.......DON'T DO THIS!!! We loaded up the bags and just as the cabbie drove off, he said it was going to be around £10 and was that okay, both my husband and I said no and dived out of the cab.........it is literally 300 yards from the terminal - we could see it!!
So we called the hotel from courtesy phone (there was no answer on the main number from our mobile) and the shuttle bus arrived within 6mins, the driver was really friendly and helpful and because the car park was covered in ice he dropped us right by our car.

• Stayed December 2009, traveled as a couple
Scotland
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 31, 2009

I stayed at this hotel for one night at each end of a holiday flying from Manchester airport. I used the hotel's free shuttle service each time to and from the airport (so 4 times in total) and have to say that the service was very good and very efficient; I didn't wait for more than a few minutes on any occasion.

I had different rooms each time and both were absolultey fine - decent size, clean and with tea and coffee making and iron facilities in the rooms.

However, two things let the stay down for me:

Availability of food - I don't know what other airport hotels do in Manchester, but at Bewleys no food is available after 11.30 pm. Not ideal for an airport hotel where I would have thought coming and going at odd hours is par for the course. On my return trip the flight was delayed for a couple of hours, meaning that I arrived at the hotel at 12.30 am. Even room service stops at 10.00 pm.

Attitude of some members of staff - I really am sorry to report that some of the staff have no business being in the hospitality industry. I must stress that this does not apply to all the staff I encountered - most were perfectly pleasant - but one bar tender clearly thinks bar work is beneath him (he's wrong - with his attitude he's way below the standard required) and some of the reception staff could do with some training in the basics (abruptness, lack of eye contact and general lack of interest to be avoided).

I can't help feeling that Bewleys relies too much on its undoubtedly good location.

• Stayed December 2009, traveled solo
dublin
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 31, 2009

Stayed here over night following a football match. The food in the lounge bar was lovely and the staff were very helpful.

The walls were paper thin and you could hear doors slamming at all hours of the night and morning. People shouting and knocking on others doors. Didnt get much sleep.

• Stayed December 2009, traveled on business
runcorn
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 27, 2009

Booked a cheap park and stay with Superbreak.

The room is spotless, Reception efficient and yes considering the setting a little indifferent but it must be a very high turn over. Bed and pillows are so comfortable they are bliss. Very well equipped for a budget room. Hairdryer, tea and coffee facilities and iron. Nice decor fresh and airy and most importantly, exceptionally quiet, and we are right at the front virtually on the airport roundabout.

Would highly recommend. Plane mad hubby has gone for a walk over to the terminal to check out the planes arriving and departing, which are literally a stones throw away.

• Stayed December 2009, traveled with family
Derby
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 21, 2009

We thought the room was pretty good although a king size bed would have been better in a 4 star hotel. However the bathroom was spotless and water very hot. In fact no complaints until you get downstairs.
Let me first explain we booked on-line a bargain £69 deal and added breakfast and three course dinner for two. So we decided to go straight in for dinner and having been rudely made to wait by an arrogant little maitre d were told we were not booked in and we would have to wait ten minutes.
We then went and queued to get a drink for nearly ten minutes and thus were not particularly in the best frame of mind by the time we went back to the restaurant to be told by the maitre D that we were booked for a 'two' course dinner. I was just about to explode when I was grabbed by a charming Irishman who led us away to our table. The starter of a prawn cocktail was quite nice and the ribeye was tender but the small pot of overcooked yellowish, cut in half sprouts and something that was mashed and orange coloured was disgusting. My wifes upside down plum pudding was a solid lump of something inedible with not a plum in site and my cheese tasted cheap and chemically. I am afraid to say that when we got down for breakfast at 7:15 there was no improvement.
Again of course we were told that we hadn't booked breakfast or paid for it. This turned out to be true but not what it said on my print-out. I was told they couldn't understand what kept going wrong with the on-line bookings and I was advised to telephone in future!
Back to the "food" the bacon was tough and tasteless, the scrambled egg had a crust on it and the beans were skinned over. The bread was the best thing about breakfast but had obviously come out of the freezer as some slices were wet and others still had frost on them but were ok when toasted. As we were leaving fresh dishes of various things were emerging from the kitchen but that was no consolation to me!
For a quick summation of the food my wife and I had at Bewleys use the word yuk.
When I book hotels I always go with Trip Advisor and this is the first time I have been disappointed and cannot understand how it has such a high rating.
The shuttle nevertheless was very good and a useful extra.

• Stayed December 2009, traveled as a couple

Been to Bewleys Hotel Manchester Airport? Share your experiences!