“Very good” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Bewleys Hotel Manchester Airport

You added Bewleys Hotel Manchester Airport to your Saves list
Bewleys Hotel Manchester Airport
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Outwood Lane | Manchester Airport, Manchester M90 4HL, England   |
Ranked #40 of 117 Hotels in Manchester
Hereford
“Very good”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 24, 2013 via mobile

Can't fault this hotel - room spacious, warm, quiet, nice flat screen TV and everything well documented as to how to switch on the heating, towel rail, set up an alarm call, kettle and free wifi.

The only minus point is the food - absolutely terrible - looked as if it was just thrown on the plate and totally inedible - such a shame.

Stayed December 2013
GuestRelationBewleys, Guest Relations Manager at Bewleys Hotel Manchester Airport, responded to this review, December 30, 2013
Dear Reviewer

I am delighted to hear that your stay with us, on the whole, was an enjoyable one; however, I was nted to learn that your experience in either our Bar or Brasserie was not up to the standard that we strive to achieve. I would like the opportunity to investigate these comments further and ask that you contact me on gr.manchesterairport@bewleyshotels.com in order for me to get a bit more detail to help us improve the offering that we provide.

Guest Relations

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (497)
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 23, 2013

The main attraction of this hotel was the proximity to the airport. However, with many other hotels right by the terminals, you would do well staying elsewhere. Just a few high/lowlights, then:

First, the good:
- You can see it from the airport and commute takes no time (shuttle is provided).
- The bathroom was pretty spectacular (tub, two independent shower heads), which should speak volumes already if that's the #2 highlight.
- Flat screen TV has a USB port. This would prove handy.
- The bed, though the mattress feels basic, are fairly comfortable.

Now, the not-so-good
- The hotel's website claimed it was within walking distance from the terminals. This may be, but I wouldn't recommend undertaking this particular endeavor if you have any meaningful luggage with you as there aren't really connected walkways as such. Take the shuttle.
- On that note, you have to book one overnight or risk there not being space and having to wait. I got lucky, but the simple fact that a booking is asked for leads me to believe others may not.
- It's a business-type "4-star" (or so they think of themselves) hotel, I get it. I don't mind when dinner costs more than at the Maxim - after all, most of the time it's not coming out of the guest's pocket if his firm had any kind of a spending account. However, if I'm there to do business, I expect to be able to do business. Which is remarkably difficult to do when the only place I can use wi-fi with any kind of reliability is in the lobby. The signal in the room was about non-existent. Oh, but the reception "e-mailed the IT manager". And that was the last I heard of it.
- On that subject, most hotels will lend you a travel adapter (I had one with me, but of a non-grounded variety, so it didn't work). This one doesn't. Oh, but "we sell them for £10 in the vending machines". Of course you do.
- The pillows feel like they have been blown up with air instead of filled...well, with anything. Lucky for me, there was an extra blanket of a rather excellent quality which I fashioned a proper pillow out of.
- The "queen" bed was made up of two "twins". No issue for me, but if you're there with a partner, one of you will invariably end up in the hole.
- The staff could do with a bit of refinement.

A general comment towards all Manchester Airport area hotels - if you're here to see a Manchester United match, do yourself a favor and either leave a lot of time between your arrival and the trip to Old Trafford, or do that AND stay in the city. There really isn't a good way to get to OT from the airport as direct trains run very infrequently and going through the city center is redundant. May as well just stay there.

Stayed December 2013, traveled solo
Dear Reviewer

Many thanks for taking the time to review the hotel on Trip Advisor. All comments both positive and negative are important to us as these give us an insight into what we are doing well and what we perhaps need to improve on.

I am disappointed to learn that there were a few points that you felt weren’t as good as they should be. With regards to the Wi-Fi we are currently looking at ways we can improve the connectivity is certain areas of the building and do all that we can on-site to ensure guests are able to make use of this complimentary facility.

I understand that in this day in age there is a wealth of choice available when it comes to booking a hotel room in and around the airport complex, and would like to thank you for choosing Bewleys Hotel Manchester Airport

Bergen op Zoom, The Netherlands
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 22, 2013

Stayed for six nights on the eight floor. We went against reviewers comments and decided to give them a six nights trial. Could be better if they can differentiate between a long stayer that were there for work and vacationers who are on their way in or out. Selling toiletries from a vending machine isnt right. The power shuts down too quickly when you pull the room key out. The room door is a struggle to hold back. Breakfast is ok but restaurant and bar menu could be better. Wifi was too weak to get connected. Receptionist Steph Thomas was the star of our stay.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled on business
Dear Reviewer

Many thanks for taking the time to place your review on Trip Advisor. All guest comments, both positive and negative, are important to us as these enable to us to improve the standards and service that we offer.

As your comments relate to a number of different areas within the hotel I have passed these on to the relevant Heads of Department in order for them to be looked at in detail.

I am very pleased though, that the level of service that Steph provided wowed you enough for a mention in the review. It is always great to hear when Team Members make a good impression.

I do hope that overall you stay was acceptable and that should you be visiting Manchester Airport again in the future you would consider booking in with us again.

north yorkshire
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 21, 2013

This hotel is a shuttle ride away from the airport. There are more convenient hotels to stay in this area as they are attached via a tunnel walkway to the terminals but they are generally more expensive. This hotel was perfectly adequate, clean, nice room and comfortable. My family and I also had a nice meal in the hotel bar (typical English pub menu with lots of choice) which wasn't too expensive for airport standards. Quick check in and out. No wake up call however in this hotel but rooms have alarm clocks

Stayed December 2013
Dear Reviewer

Many thanks for taking the time to write your review for Trip Advisor. I am glad we were able to provide a comfortable, friendly and efficient service and hope to be able to welcome you back to Bewleys Hotel Manchester Airport in the future.

Carlisle, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 19, 2013

Stayed here the night before a flight. Paid £60 for a room, which so close to the hotel is reasonable. Their shuttle bus collected me from the train station and in the morning took me back to the airport - at no extra charge. Room was clean, bed comfy, shower hot - all that I needed. Would use this again.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled solo
Dear Reviewer

Many thanks for taking the time to write your review for Trip Advisor. I am glad we were able to provide a comfortable, friendly and efficient service and look forward to welcoming you back again in the future.

UK
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 19, 2013

We stayed one night because we had a morning flight out.
The hotel check in was smooth and easy, everything was explained by reception for transfers food drinks etc.

The room was for 3 of us and we found it clean and comfortable, nice TV no noise so we had a good nights sleep.

We did not eat here we met friend and ate out so I cannot comment on the food.

The transfers worked great just book your time slot and wait for your lift.

We would use this hotel again and I would recommend it for a great stay over.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with family

5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 18, 2013

Close to train station and terminals or plentiful parking. Quick check in and rooms were clean, comfortable and all the usual facilities of a budget hotel. I believe we were in a refurbished room as the room stayed at the previous year was tired, but this one was great. Wifi included too which is a nice bonus.

Hotel great but Brasserie restaurant not so good in our opinion. Expensive and food is poor quality.

Stayed November 2013, traveled with friends
Dear Reviewer,

Thank you for choosing Bewleys Hotel, Manchester Airport and for taking the time to review the hotel via Trip Advisor. All feedback is appreciated as it helps to develop the standards and service that we can provide to our guests.

I am glad that on the whole you enjoyed your experience with us here but am sorry to hear that the food you received in the Brasserie was not as you would have liked, your comments have been passed on to both the Food and Beverage Manager and the Head Chef who strive to use the feedback to better the menus and the food offering that we provide.

I hope that this did not tarnish your stay too much and therefore hope to be able to welcome you back again in the near future.

Guest Relations

Been to Bewleys Hotel Manchester Airport? Share your experiences!