I found this hotel by accident, a happy accident too!! I had to find a new hotel as the one I was using was way, way too expensive. (put the price up whenever anyone famouse hits town!!)
This hotel is at the side of a large lake with peace and quiet garunteed as it is set well back from the main road and just a couple of miles from the main orbital M60. The rooms are good and are now in the process of being re-decorated too. the staff are, on the whole, excellent, but it would be very unfair not to mention a few of them by name. Daniel is a very efficient guy who also happens to have a great sense of humour too. the first time I stayed in this place there was a chap 'on loan' from their sister hotel in Southampton. a superb bloke called Wayne, who, despite not knowing the place was tataly competent at his job. I was pleasantly suprised to find the general manager to be very approacable and pleasant. By far the best assett at this hotel is the brilliant Sam!! she is completly unflappable and utterly professional in everything she does, managing a smile and a nice word or two as she fly's past doing just about everyting needed in the place. what a star player for them.
Top hotel in a very good place with fantastic staff, good prices too!! Thanks folks!! i will be back.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Express Manchester East Hotel
- Holiday Inn Express Manchester East Hotel Manchester
- Holiday Inn Express Manchester
- Holiday Inn Manchester
- Manchester Holiday Inn
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Express By Holiday Inn Manchester is just 1 mile from the M60 motorway, Junction 24, and M67, Junction 1. Rates include complimentary continental breakfast and free car parking and coach access .We are just 2 miles from City of Manchester Stadium, Sport City and Manchester Velodrome home of British Cycling, and a short taxi journey to Old Trafford Stadium, home of Manchester United Football Club.All rooms offer wifi access, telephone and tea/coffee making facilities, with all bedroom windows opening for guest use. The Express by Holiday Inn hotel in Manchester offers Sky & Setanta Sports TV, vending and high speed internet kiosks are also available. Manchester International Airport is 15 minutes away, whilst an hour's drive by motorway from the hotel will take you to the English Lake District and to the seaside coastal resorts of Blackpool, and the city of Liverpool. Within Manchester city centre are major and small art galleries and museums, including the Tate North, the new Lowry at Salford Quays, the City Art Gallery, the Manchester Museum and the Museum of Science and Industry , as examples. Whether you decide to do shopping in the Trafford Centre or attend a concert at the MEN Arena, you are always welcome at the Express by Holiday Inn Manchester Hotel, Gorton, Manchester. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, IHG, Priceline, Agoda, Travelocity, Asiatravel.com Holdings, Otel, Hotels.com and Venere so you can book your Holiday Inn Express Manchester East reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.