“Love the location” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Holiday Inn Express Manchester East

You added Holiday Inn Express Manchester East to your Saves list
Holiday Inn Express Manchester East
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   Wall Way, Debdale Park | Hyde Road, Manchester M18 7LJ ‎, England   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save 10-30%
Ranked #36 of 117 Hotels in Manchester
“Love the location”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 6, 2013

I detest driving to Manchester so I always look for a hotel on the outskirts to save the drive into the city centre.
This hotel has a brilliant location , large car park. It serves food but if that doesn't tickle your fancy there is a pub and Mcdonalds within walking distance.
Reception staff are always very friendly and efficient. The room are always kept in a high state of cleanliness.
Definately would recommend the hotle.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
Daniel D, Guest Services Manager at Holiday Inn Express Manchester East, responded to this review, July 10, 2013
Dear Niviksters

Thank you for posting a review of your recent stay at our hotel. I agree with you that we are ideally located to travel into Manchester and many of our guests choose to stay with us and take advantage of our free parking, rather than pay a premium at some city centre hotels.

I am delighted by your kind comments on the staff here and I will communicate these at our next team meeting.

Guest Services Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (64)
  • Greek first
Grimsby, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 30, 2013

Stayed for one night for RW concert at Ethiad stadium. Booked in by friendly reception staff. Room clean and comfortable, free-view TV, drinks making facilities. Freephone for taxi company in reception (£7 to Ethiad, £10 return). Breakfast was buffet consisting of cerials / toast / fruit juice / tea / coffee / scrambled egg / sausage / beans. Were advised by reception staff to be early for breakfast due to hotel being busy. Overall, a good, overnight stay.

Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear MrJ692

Thank you for posting a review of your recent stay at our hotel. I am delighted that your stay with us was a very pleasant one. We experienced a period of increased demand during the recent concerts at the Etihad stadium, I am delighted that the team here were still able to provide you with an excellent level of service.

I hope that we may welcome you back to our hotel on your next visit to Manchester. Contact us directly for our best available rates.

Wolverhampton
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 27, 2013

Stayed Here June 22nd 2013 Overnight As Me And Friends Were Going To Robbie Williams Concert! Room Was Really Nice, Staff Really Friendly And Helpful! Would definatly Stay Here Again! Mcdonalds Right By It Which Was A Big Plus But You Can Get Pizza 24 Hours A Day!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
Daniel D, Guest Services Manager at Holiday Inn Express Manchester East, responded to this review, July 1, 2013
Dear Corrine_Chris

Thank you for posting a review of your recent stay with us. I am delighted by your positive comments and the 5/5 score you have attributed to us. I am glad that the team here were able to provide you with an excellent level of customer service and I will pass your comments along to them at our next team meeting.

We look forward to your next visit.

Darlington, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 26, 2013

Stayed here last wednesday as went to robbie williams concert.Hotel was lovely and clean and beds were very comfortable.I especially liked the choice of either a soft or firm pillow.The guy on reception was friendly and helpfull.Breakfast was ok.All in all a great experience keep up the good work and a big well done to the cleaning staff as room was spotless

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Dear hazza23_12

Thank you for taking the time to post a review of your recent stay with us. I am delighted by your comments and I will pass these along to the entire team here at our next meeting.

I hope that we will be able to accommodate you again on your next visit to Manchester. Book with us direct to find our best available rates.

2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 25, 2013

Checked in earlier today and was greeted by a very miserable female receptionist who was like a robot! No charisma, no pleasantries!

So I'm now in my room and as its a warm day I try to open my window and it was stuck. A member of staff tried to open and couldn't so gave me a fan! Things like that should be checked daily!

Now for food in the hotel restaurant..... Had gammon and chips and rather than a pineapple I asked for an egg (normal question) to Miss Moody receptionist reply was "we can't cook eggs here, only scrambled" Awful!! It's an egg not a tiramisu!!

The "special" for the evening was beef and veg so my colleague asked for horseradish sauce and surprise, surprise they didn't have it! And the 2 orders were supposed to come out together but there was a 10 minute difference!

4 more nights of this!! God help me!!

• Stayed June 2013
Daniel D, Guest Services Manager at Holiday Inn Express Manchester East, responded to this review, June 26, 2013
Dear Jacko1423

Thank you for taking the time to post a review of your current stay. However, I must admit that I am very disappointed by your comments.

I am sorry to hear that your experience at check in and also at the bar was below your expectations. We generally receive a lot of positive comments about the team here and in the main I believe that they provide a consistent and excellent level of customer service.

With regards to your experience at dinner, we are a limited service hotel and offer a menu that is best suited to this type of hotel. Our gammon dish is only advertised as being served with pineapple. The only egg dish we provide is the scrambled egg during our breakfast service and is cooked from a pre-scrambled mixture. We will always do our best to accommodate any particular requests from our guests, but unfortunately we are sometimes limited by the stock we keep on site.
I have also discussed your comments with regards to the delay in time in dishes being served with the staff who were working at the time. The orders your party placed were placed separately and approximately 10 minutes apart. I feel your comments are somewhat unfair as we prepare and serve all orders in the order which they are received. We will always strive to deliver all orders to a table together should those orders be placed at the same time.

I understand that you are still currently in-house and I am sorry that you felt it necessary to post a review on Tripadvisor first, rather than discuss your issues with a member of management so that we may have be afforded the opportunity to rectify these issues.
Ultimately, I am very sorry to read your review and I would very much welcome the opportunity to discuss your comments further and work towards a resolution so that the rest of your stay may be an exceptional one. I can be contacted at the front desk, however should I not be available please feel free to speak to member of the senior management team. Alternatively, I can be contacted at reservations@hiexpressmanchester.co.uk.

Nottingham, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 25, 2013

Stayed for 2 days as went to the Robbie Williams Concert.Hotel very clean has everything you would need fresh towels every day,coffee and tea refills,very friendly staff quiet hotel considering second night full of female Robbie fans.Need to take own toilet paper as theirs not very soft.Would stay again (good breakfast )

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
Dear KATE60-61

I am very pleased by the comments in your review of our hotel. All the staff here worked very hard during the recent nearby concerts and I delighted to hear that they were able to provide a service in line with their usual high standards. I will pass your excellent comments on to them at our next meeting.

Rotherham, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2013

Myself and my husband stayed here on Saturday evening. This was a base for us to attend the Robbie Williams concert. The Hotel was very busy and a notice did state that breakfast would be a busy time. The staff were very pleasant considering they were extremely busy. Well done to them all!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear sue j

Thank you for posting a review of your recent stay at our hotel. I am delighted by your comments and I will make sure these are passed on to the entire team here at our next meeting.

Guest Services Manager

Been to Holiday Inn Express Manchester East? Share your experiences!