“It's changed!!!” 1 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #35 of 81 Attractions in Manchester
Type: Neighborhoods, Cultural
More attraction details
Owner description: Centered around the Canal street area in Manchester is a thriving gay scene, which offers a plethora of bars, clubs, restaurants and other nighttime venues for gays and straights alike.
Manchester
8 attraction reviews
“It's changed!!!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 13, 2013

I used to attend the Gay village a lot with my gay friends and used to have a great night out and experience there. However, now the area seems to be full of run down and tacky bars, with poor service, and not very polite customers. There seems to be a lot of trouble in this area now

Visited August 2013

• Turkish first
Bolton, United Kingdom
“Fantastic night out”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 8, 2013

This is the place to go for a fantastic night out no matter what age. The atmospher is brilliant and the drinks cheap.

Visited September 2013
Stoke-on-Trent, United Kingdom
6 attraction reviews
“gd night out”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2013

some bars are good with not to expensive drinks and easy enough to find, always have a fun night when we go there

Visited May 2013
Preston, United Kingdom
18 attraction reviews
“Tucked up in bed for 2am - and not for the right reasons!”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2013

If you're not from Manchester and are travelling in/planning a night here be careful: If you don't look or act gay enough, or aren't 'members' (of venues which don't even have membership schemes) you'll be refused entry and your night could be cut short.

Weekend just gone myself and two friends decided on a random last minute night out: Booked a hotel and headed over. Not sure if you can name specific venues on here but security at one place were generally rude and either naive or new, another refused us for not being regulars (even though we were in the previous weekend for Pride!) and I feel the third only let us in because one of our friends is a massive scene queen who pounced on them before they could say anything.

I run my own club so appreciate the importance of keeping the wrong type of people out, but we were dressed smart (if I do say so myself...) and had only started drinking late as we'd been working. It really is a joke. And is a shame because, next time we can justify a night out, I'll be encouraging my peers to head to the Printworks.

PS) I know from previous nights out that it is a fab place to go - just have fun getting in!

Visited September 2013
Leicester, United Kingdom
5 attraction reviews
“Best night out EVER”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 1, 2013

I love the Gay Village in Manchester because it's a fantastic night out for everyone! Although I'm straight I would still recommend going to Manchesters gay village to anyone- MUST DO IN MANCHESTER

Visited December 2012