“Close to city” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Staycity Serviced Apartments Laystall St

You added Staycity Serviced Apartments Laystall St to your Saves list
Staycity Serviced Apartments Laystall St
4.0 of 5 Lodge   |   40 Laystall Street, Manchester M1 2JZ, England (Formerly Laystall Apartments by stayManchester)   |
Townsville, Australia
“Close to city”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 24, 2013

Location of these apartments is good and a supermarket is right next door, great for a self catering family. Secure parking but it does come at a price. Beds are comfortable, shower is hot but be sure to check that the apartment is clean before moving bags in, I do expect a clean floor and a mould free bathroom. Good size fridge and a modern washer/dryer. Staff are friendly.

Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
stayCity_com, General Manager at Staycity Serviced Apartments Laystall St, responded to this review, July 26, 2013
Thank you for leaving your comments following your stay.
The car park charge is very competitive with similar establishments and as you saw it is very secure, in fact I think it is safe to say it is one of the most secure car parks in the UK due to it being fully automated!!
I am sorry there were traces of mould on the silicone in the bathroom, this is something we are currently working on in the apartments as we are aware of some problems.
I hope this does not deter you from returning to stay with us again in the future.
GM

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (77)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 13, 2013

Always stop by here on my visits to Mancester and very rarely disappointed. I do however plod for the tower rooms as they are far quieter and private. Views are great, parking is quite confusing but safe as houses and the staff are always great! Only gripe I would have is another lift would have been great, but other than that, always a nice place to stay! About 6 minutes walk from Picadilly and 10 minutes to city centre. Free Wifi too, so happy beans!

Room Tip: definitely recommend the tower suites. 2 bedroom apartments with a balcony and great views the highe...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
Bristol, UK
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2013

I stayed here for one night before a course in Manchester and I was very surprised how nice it was. I had stayed in a lovely hotel the week before and only booked this aparthotel because of the price. When I arrived after a short walk from Piccadilly I was greeted by a friendly man who upgraded little old me on my own to a 2-bed apartment. I thought it was a little silly, but I appreciated it nonetheless. The apartment was spacious and clean and the kitchen was nice to have to make cups of tea and coffee while I finished some work for the course. The free wifi was an added bonus. Everything else was fine. I'd definitely stay here again if I ever need to stay overnight in Manchester again.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
stayCity_com, General Manager at Staycity Serviced Apartments Laystall St, responded to this review, July 15, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to leave your comment after your stay. It is always nice to read when a guest's expectations are met and surpassed, sometimes in an unexpected way also.
We look forward to seeing you again either in Manchester or at one of our other locations across the UK. See our website for locations.
Nottingham, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 5, 2013

Decided on an apartment as we weren't happy with the prices in hotels for a 1 night stay. All the staff from the moment we arrived were very polite and most helpful. The apartment was just as we expected - clean, tidy & well equipped for our needs. Well situated for attending a concert at the MEN arena. Would definitely book again and would recommend to anyone.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Chichester, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 3, 2013 via mobile

Staying in Manchester for three nights on busienss could have been exhausting in a standard hotel, staying in an apartment was much more relaxing. The apartment was clean and well maintained. The staff where helpful and sorted out requests quickly. Even staying by myself it worked out cheaper than a hotel as I did not have the cost of breakfast and super. I will be using Staycity in the future.

Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 25, 2013 via mobile

Arrived with my partner on the 24th of June , receptionist was very rude and you have to pay an extra 250!!!! For a deposit if any damage ect. Are apartment 401 stunk of drains the fridge was broke and floor coming apart. Then we were woken at six am by constant hammering then the scaffolding getting put up outside our window in bedroom at 7.40 am the loudest noise and builders shouting worst place I háve ever stayed in no way are these four star!!!! Waste of money and in a horrible location if uwant a main road and go outdoors as a view! Very very disappointed also a good 20 min walk to men arena if not more don't know why reviews on here say a five min walk? Please do not book here!!!!!

• Stayed June 2013
stayCity_com, General Manager at Staycity Serviced Apartments Laystall St, responded to this review, June 26, 2013
Thank you for reviewing your stay.
I find it slightly unfair that you chose to post this review before we had the chance to speak to you, as you had requested. One of our management team called you and when there was no answer left a message for you - which you have admitted you did not check for prior to calling us back accusing us of not responding.

In any case I am sorry the noise awoke you in the morning. You mention 06h00, but no workmen were on site at that time. I have spoken with the project manager and he has confirmed that:
a) they did not start on-site until 08h00 that particular morning and
b) they will not start now until 09h00.

The maintenance issues in the apartment will also be addressed as soon as possible to ensure that future guests will not encounter the same problems and I thank you for bring these to our attention.
Concerning the view, all I would say is that being in a City centre location, the majority of views are likely to be of roads, be they main or minor ones, so I am sorry you feel hard done by on this front.
Finally, I would say that the arena is a 15-20 minute walk from the apartments, which the majority of guests that have stayed with us have found to be the case. I have no sway in contradicting what other guests may have found.

Bristol, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 16, 2013

A great alternative to a hotel especially as I was staying for a couple of nights and was away with a colleague. Rooms were comfortable and clean and the kitchen was better equipped than a lot of holiday cottages I have stayed in. Staff friendly and helpful.

I would, however, suggest that you check the inventory as there were a number of things missing from our apartment. We checked because we didn't want any money taken from our security deposit and were glad we did.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
stayCity_com, General Manager at Staycity Serviced Apartments Laystall St, responded to this review, June 20, 2013
Thank you for leaving your review following your stay with us. I was pleased that you had had a good time. We are constantly ensuring the apartments have all the necessary inventory, but unfortunately items do go missing which we occasionally have to order in, so my apologies for this slight blip on an otherwise enjoyable stay.
We look forward to seeing you again the next time you are in Manchester.
GM

Been to Staycity Serviced Apartments Laystall St? Share your experiences!