“omg never again!!!” 1 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Italian
bolton
“omg never again!!!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 10, 2013

I went with my wife last nite on a night out,on first impressions it looked okay from the outside and we decided to give it a try.as we went inside it seemed nice and clean with people eating at 3/4 tables.The waitess came over and was polite showing us to our table,but thats were it stopped!
we had to call her back over to order drinks and i ended up having to light the candle on the table myself.to me its also the small things that matter when u walk into a restaurant.ie asking would you like a drink as soon as you sit down and lighting a candle on the table!we ordered a garlic bread to see us thru while we waited for our main course which was lasagne and pollo crema.
I was really looking forward to my chicken,so when it came it looked well presented.but after the first bite there was something not right and i had to spit it out onto my plate,i had another try and again the taste was AWFUL!!trust me this was not CHICKEN!!!
My wife called the waitress over and explained that the so called chicken was not cooked,she apologised and took it away.the manager came over to explain that the chicken was fresh today and he had prepared it earlier.when my meal came back,cooked this time,the chicken still tasted the same and i left it.we ordered cheese cake and choc fudge cake for dessert and ive had better from farmfoods.we left feeling extremely disappointed and ripped off!!
We are giving the whole experience a 2 out 10 and that is being generous.YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED!!!!
This is the first actual review ive ever done,but i felt our experience at this restaurant was that bad we have to share it.

• 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food

Manchester, United Kingdom
“I'm not sure where all these bad reviews are coming from.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2013 via mobile

We had a living social deal and read the reviews after getting the voucher but before going so my expectations were low to say the least. What I was presented with was an authentic atmosphere and great food. We had garlic bread to start and pasta main dishes which were really really good. Ok so the cutlery doesn't match which has been brought up in previous reviews but that doesn't really matter to me and in no way affected my experience. All in all I would say if you want a rustic atmosphere and pretty decent food give this place a try. We loved it.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
“Rustic fun”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 3, 2013 via mobile

Me and my husband got a group on deal for here.
We liked it.
Yes it's rustic, the waiters are very friendly the food is absolutely fine not the best we have ever had but it still tastes nice - garlic bread good - wine good a real bargain we would go back !

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
“Awful!!!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 31, 2013 via mobile

I purchased a deal on Groupon and was looking forward to a nice Italian meal.....so disappointing! As we walked into the 'restaurant' the manager was not very inviting and showed us to our seat...it was empty! The smell as we walked in was musty and the surroundings dingy! Glancing over at the kitchen I saw dirty tea towels and old frying pans stacked high. We decided to have a margarita pizza to play it safe...the base was uncooked and cheese was plastic...not authentic Italian! The plates were chipped,table cloth dusty and the manager sat and watched tv as we ate! Needless to say we drank our wine quickly and made for the door! It was dingy, creepy and dirty. Never again!

Visited October 2013
Heywood, United Kingdom
“OK if you're on an internet deal”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 26, 2013

I think when we go to a restaurant we look for good food, pleasant surroundings and these days value for money.This was the 2nd visit us on a Living Social deal pizza/pasta + glass of wine each for £10. So that's excellent value, pizza's were OK if slightly on the bland side. I like the surroundings it has an authentic Italian feel to it but I can see why people think it is tired and a little shabby. The drinks menu which sit on the tables permanently hadn't changed from our last visit 18 months ago and they do need replacing because they are a little tatty. If you're on a deal go for it if you're not you will probably find other restaurants that are more modern,with brighter lighting,better quality pizza and better VFM. My wife had a tiramisu it was OK but again(I sampled it)it was bland and I've certainly had better. The waiter/owner is typically Italian, you respond to him and he will be very pleasant with you. I would go back but only on a deal!.

• Visited October 2013