“Well.... good place and service.” 3 of 5 stars

Website
Improve this listing
Ranked #693 of 1,718 Restaurants in Manchester
Cuisines: Indian
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Lunch, Dessert, Delivery, Late Night, Reservations
Aberdeen, United Kingdom
“Well.... good place and service.”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 6, 2013 via mobile

But not so good food. Despite of me telling medium spiced coz my child would be eating, the chicken suka was over spicy. Loved their presentation and naan bread. But i expected fresh garlic in my garlic naanrather than garlic butter which was a disappointment to Mr. R. I might go there again when i visit Manchester. But would not willingly recommend to any of my friends.

• Visited August 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food

France
“Good food but appalling service”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 2, 2013

Avoid unless for takeaway as the service in this restaurant is shambolic!

I took my Dad here as a treat. From start to finish the service was very slow and laboured. Upon arrival we were told to just "sit anywhere". Having sat for 25 mins I asked to see a food and drinks menu. We were served both courses without any cutlery or serviettes and then had to wait 10 minutes for them to be brought to the table. The mains arrived 10mins apart and when we ordered more rice and naan that took over 20mins! I have no idea how the waiting staff make a simple job seem so difficult but they seem to walk around in a constant state of confusion mixed with disinterest. This is a shame as the food isn't bad but save yourself a lot of time and money and just go somewhere else.

• Visited September 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
cheshire
“back again”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 1, 2013

had a company christmas party at zouk and as usual the food was oustanding and they couldnt do enough, we were seated upstairs which was ideal for a large group of people. if you attend on a normal day ask them to recomend a selection of mixed starters for but make sure you include the curried fish its oustanding.... zouk keep it up.

• Visited December 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
“If you are not Asian or Indian expect to be treated like a non Indian or Asian - BADLY!!!!! Do not go if you do not fit in with ”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 31, 2013

Having been mainly a take away customer every Sunday at zouk I decided to take my mum who just flew into the UK. Big mistake! Not only was the food a let down, the service was far worse. And not being Indian or Asian surely didn't do us any favours. Waited forever for food the waiter kept making mistakes and making us feel like he couldn't understand what we were saying. The man who brought the food flung the plates at us my mum was terrified. The music was loud and so was the atmosphere, no one wanted to serve us at first. It was the worst experience of my life I wanted my money back!! And that's not usually like me as I will pay over the odds for good food and service. Perhaps the poor service made the food taste sour but we couldn't finish it!! The owner of this place needs to take action ASAP because I've seen other people's reviews after my experience and it seems to be the same poor experience on customer service. I know they are millionaires now but bad news during a recession spreads like wildfire!!! No thanks over priced. I have a receipt

• Visited August 2013
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
Manchester, united kingdom
“it was a horriable expirance for me and my family”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 28, 2013

The staff deliberately gave us bad atuitued couz we had kids with us
also the were slow and uncaring when it come to serving food

this is my last time there

• Visited April 2013