“goooood!” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Steak and Lobster at Alto

Steak and Lobster at Alto
Free Trade Hall, Peter Street | Radisson Blu Edwardian Manchester, Manchester M2 5GP, England
+44 161 835 8903
Website
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
Steak and Lobster at Alto is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #346 of 1,661 Restaurants in Manchester
Cuisines: Seafood, Steakhouse
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Reservations, Late Night
Description: Offering an exciting dining concept, Steak & Lobster Manchester has forgone a menu brimming with choice to offer just 2 dishes: a 10oz rib eye steak or a whole lobster. Enjoy views through the floor-to-ceiling windows and soak up the informal, understated atmosphere whilst appreciating the simplicity and speed of this fresh and original concept.
Manchester, United Kingdom
“goooood!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 9, 2013

i made a reservation online and i have to say i was a little worried because i don't trust a lot of things on the internet confirmation of my booking came immediately which made my day. i loved the steak and the beverages i reccomend this restaurant to every one.

• Visited January 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere

Manchester
“Fantastic Value”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 9, 2013 via mobile

Simply a choice of steak or lobster served with fries and salad, both are unlimited, with a choice of 3 desserts all for £15. Great value in one of Manchester's premier hotels. Highly recommend, good atmosphere and friendly staff. Will definitely be returning.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
RyanThompsonRBEH, Manager at Steak and Lobster at Alto, responded to this review, February 18, 2013
I will pass your comments on to my team, I am glad that you enjoyed their friendly service and that you like the concept. We look forward to welcoming you back #SandLalto
Manchester, United Kingdom
“Where else can you find lobster for £15??!!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 8, 2013

Had seen a review on Evening News and also based on the reviews on Tripadvisor, decided to give it a go. Honestly, where else can you get lobster for £15? We booked online for lunch and the process was simple and we got a confirmation email. Also during a limited period of time there is free dessert - SCORE!! We were the only ones to dine when we arrived, so it was a bit odd with an empty restaurant. There seemed to be people there for drinks, but no one else seemed to be eating! We both got the grilled lobster which came with chips and salad. The chips were thin, well cooked and tasty (though perhaps a tad salty) and the salad was beautifully dressed - with sunflower seeds and croutons. The lobster came with different implements to get into it - so we let the fun begin! The lobster was grilled with garlic butter, but couldn't really taste this and the meat on the body itself was a little rubbery. However the meat from the claws was soft and tasty. We were offered more chips and salad which was a bonus! For the free dessert, we ordered Knickerbocker Glory - melon pieces laden with ice cream and cream on the top. I wasn't a fan of the cream but the ice cream and melon combi was heavenly! £15 for a main and dessert is really good value for money. To be honest we were expecting a catch and for the final bill to have loads of extras added on, but this was not the case. The service was friendly and warm, the atmosphere was lacking a bit as we were the only diners, but it also meant we could make a mess (can't avoid it with the lobster) without being too self-conscious. Also I would say the presentation of the dish is beautiful, but in terms of ease of dining - perhaps chips and salad would be better on side plates rather than in little pots. This is an amazing find and I would love to go back and try the steak and maybe the steamed lobster, not forgetting the desserts - it will be banoffee pie for me the next time!! : ) Check this place out, it's highly recommended!!

• Visited February 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Thank you for taking note of our previous reviews, there are so many people talking about Steak & Lobster across the city! It is nice to hear about the fun you had eating your lobsters… Knickerbockerglory is my favourite dessert but I do enjoy the chocolate fudge cake too. I like your photos and thank you for highly recommending it, We look forward to you coming back #SandLalto
North West England UK
“Great place, the £15 does exactly what is says on the tin - very quiet for a Thursday”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 8, 2013 via mobile

Great offer and sampled both dishes - for £15 with free dessert when booked via their website you cannot go wrong. Ask for more fries if your hungry, they were great!

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Surf and Turf… glad you enjoyed Steak & Lobster @ ALTO, come back and see us soon!
Chester, United Kingdom
“Outstanding. A must!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 7, 2013

I made a reservation online and received confirmation of my booking almost immediately. I reserved a table for two, for my boyfriends birthday. He's always wanted to try lobster. I was sceptical of how cheap the meals were when I reserved the table. It was a set menu of steak or lobster and a free dessert, for £15. As a student, I was worried there was some sort of catch. We arrived, and had a brief wait. We were seated, and the atmosphere was lovely. The lights were not too bright, but I could still see him. The waitress seemed concerned that I wanted a really rare steak, but the chef cooked it to perfection and the dressing on the salad was out of this world. My boyfriend thoroughly enjoyed his lobster, and had a really good time. They brought out some surprise cupcakes I took in earlier and the chef wrote Happy Birthday on the plate they served them on. We were really looked after and I would love to thank the staff for their effort. I would highly recommend ALTO to anyone thinking of going, and especially to anyone wanting to try lobster in the Manchester area or visiting.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
It is great to hear that you enjoyed you Steak & Lobster experience @ ALTO for a special occasion, there is no catch, it is a simply concept and it continues to grow and we do not have any plans to change it therefore we look forward to welcoming you back, It is great that more and more people are being more adventurous and are going for the Lobster, I love it grilled #SandLalto