“What a treat!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Steak and Lobster at Alto

Steak and Lobster at Alto
Free Trade Hall, Peter Street | Radisson Blu Edwardian Manchester, Manchester M2 5GP, England
+44 161 835 8903
Website
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
Steak and Lobster at Alto is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #340 of 1,756 Restaurants in Manchester
Cuisines: Seafood, Steakhouse
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Reservations, Late Night
Description: Offering an exciting dining concept, Steak & Lobster Manchester has forgone a menu brimming with choice to offer just 2 dishes: a 10oz rib eye steak or a whole lobster. Enjoy views through the floor-to-ceiling windows and soak up the informal, understated atmosphere whilst appreciating the simplicity and speed of this fresh and original concept.
Manchester, United Kingdom
“What a treat!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 24, 2013

I took my boyfriend here for his 30th birthday as he has always wanted to try lobster and we were not let down. It was just delicious, although I had the steak, and I have not stopped telling people about this restaurant since we visited. You simply order Lobster steamed or grilled or a 10 oz rib eye steak and have unlimited tasty and crispy fries, and a really delicious salad. I couldn't believe how big my piece of steak was, and didn't even feel cheated sharing quite a bit of it with my partner. The drinks I felt weren't really overpriced, you're in a 5 star restaurant afterall, and the dessert choices, although slightly limited were fab, we had the choc fudge cake, and the banoffee pie, were only 4.95 - very very reasonable indeed. The staff were very friendly and attentive and all in all it was a great dining experience, for a fab price. We will definitely return and tell all our friends to try it also. The only disappointing thing is that it was too dark in there to take a pic (no flash on the cameras!) but the fact that we wanted to take a pic in the first place speaks volumes!!! Also I booked the table online some weeks before and this went very smoothly also.

• Visited January 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
RyanThompsonRBEH, Manager at Steak and Lobster at Alto, responded to this review, January 28, 2013
I am delighted to read your comments, thank you very much!
We do look forward to welcoming you and your friends back; you should go for the Lobster grilled and The Knickerbockerglory for dessert... My favourite!

“Top quality/fantastic service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 15, 2013 via mobile

We tried both,lobster and steak.tasty and very delicious.staff members working extremely hard to ensure customers having a pleasant experience,jessica. We were met and greeted by a very friendly and kind gentleman at the entrance,Rob. We had a great night and we ll definitely be back. Thank you, Steven and Lucy

• 5 of 5 stars Food
RyanThompsonRBEH, Manager at Steak and Lobster at Alto, responded to this review, January 17, 2013
Thank you for this great review, We look forward to welcoming you back and I will make sure that your very kind comments are passed on to the team, Ryan Thompson.
Yorkshire
“Good but Not Great”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 12, 2013

Great space and nice to be able to eat in the hotel informally however the offering is very rigid.
Staff are great and the uniforms and approach is really quirky.
Just need a bit more choice e.g steak types

Visited October 2012
Manchester
“We had the restaurant to ourselves”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 7, 2013

So you would expect no mistakes and there wasn't any !
My wife and I had lunch here yesterday...There is no menu the choice is simple ,,Lobster steamed or grilled or a 10 oz rib eye steak ( 15 quid each ). Both come with fries and green salad and garlic and chive butter . The Rose Pinot Grigio I can highly recommend absolutely gorgeous. My wife ate every bit of her lobster and my steak done medium rare just melted in the mouth. Our waitress brought us extra fries out and there are some lovely resealable glass jars on the table with sauces and mayo in them ( ingenious touch ).They have a small dessert menu and I managed a knickerbocker glory !...very nice but I could not quite finish it off !

We'll be back !

• Visited January 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Geneva, Switzerland
“Great value and amazing food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 4, 2013

We ate here during our stay at the Radisson in Manchester. We got a special deal - £15 for the main course and pudding. For a 5* hotel, we thought this was incredible value.

The food was spot on. We shared the steak and lobster, just to be able to try the two. They were both delicious, but I would particularly recommend the steak. You can ask for extra chips and salad, which we did (they were just so tasty!). We also asked for pepper sauce on the side. For pudding, we had chocolate fudge and banoffee pie - both very yummy.

The drinks are standard price for a hotel (i.e. not cheap), but even with wine and beer, we still ended up paying a very reasonable price for a fantastic meal.

• Visited December 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
RyanThompsonRBEH, Manager at Steak and Lobster at Alto, responded to this review, January 7, 2013
Thank you for this great review, I am delighted that you enjoyed your visit and thought the food was good value and of an excellent quality. I will make sure that this feedback is passed on to our kitchen team.