“Top quality/fantastic service” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Steak and Lobster at Alto

Steak and Lobster at Alto
Free Trade Hall, Peter Street | Radisson Blu Edwardian Manchester, Manchester M2 5GP, England (Manchester City Centre)
+44 161 835 8903
Website
Update restaurant details
Reserve with toptable
Update
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #283 of 1,617 restaurants in Manchester
Cuisines: Seafood, Steakhouse
Good for: Doing business
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Lunch, Reservations, Late Night
Neighborhood: Manchester City Centre
Description: Offering an exciting dining concept, Steak & Lobster Manchester has forgone a menu brimming with choice to offer just 2 dishes: a 10oz rib eye steak or a whole lobster. Enjoy views through the floor-to-ceiling windows and soak up the informal, understated atmosphere whilst appreciating the simplicity and speed of this fresh and original concept.
“Top quality/fantastic service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 15, 2013 via mobile

We tried both,lobster and steak.tasty and very delicious.staff members working extremely hard to ensure customers having a pleasant experience,jessica. We were met and greeted by a very friendly and kind gentleman at the entrance,Rob. We had a great night and we ll definitely be back. Thank you, Steven and Lucy

• 5 of 5 stars Food
RyanThompsonRBEH, Manager at Steak and Lobster at Alto, responded to this review, January 17, 2013
Thank you for this great review, We look forward to welcoming you back and I will make sure that your very kind comments are passed on to the team, Ryan Thompson.

69% Recommend
Yorkshire
“Good but Not Great”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 12, 2013

Great space and nice to be able to eat in the hotel informally however the offering is very rigid.
Staff are great and the uniforms and approach is really quirky.
Just need a bit more choice e.g steak types

Visited October 2012
Manchester
“We had the restaurant to ourselves”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 7, 2013

So you would expect no mistakes and there wasn't any !
My wife and I had lunch here yesterday...There is no menu the choice is simple ,,Lobster steamed or grilled or a 10 oz rib eye steak ( 15 quid each ). Both come with fries and green salad and garlic and chive butter . The Rose Pinot Grigio I can highly recommend absolutely gorgeous. My wife ate every bit of her lobster and my steak done medium rare just melted in the mouth. Our waitress brought us extra fries out and there are some lovely resealable glass jars on the table with sauces and mayo in them ( ingenious touch ).They have a small dessert menu and I managed a knickerbocker glory !...very nice but I could not quite finish it off !

We'll be back !

• Visited January 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Geneva, Switzerland
“Great value and amazing food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 4, 2013

We ate here during our stay at the Radisson in Manchester. We got a special deal - £15 for the main course and pudding. For a 5* hotel, we thought this was incredible value.

The food was spot on. We shared the steak and lobster, just to be able to try the two. They were both delicious, but I would particularly recommend the steak. You can ask for extra chips and salad, which we did (they were just so tasty!). We also asked for pepper sauce on the side. For pudding, we had chocolate fudge and banoffee pie - both very yummy.

The drinks are standard price for a hotel (i.e. not cheap), but even with wine and beer, we still ended up paying a very reasonable price for a fantastic meal.

• Visited December 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
RyanThompsonRBEH, Manager at Steak and Lobster at Alto, responded to this review, January 7, 2013
Thank you for this great review, I am delighted that you enjoyed your visit and thought the food was good value and of an excellent quality. I will make sure that this feedback is passed on to our kitchen team.
Manchester, United Kingdom
“Excellent”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 29, 2012 via mobile

Having read the reviews on here, we decided to try Alto.
As it says on the tin...and umpteen reviews..you choose steak or lobster.
I love lobster but my partner has less adventurous tastes ( he is a Yorkshire man after all!) So he ordered the steak and we shared both dishes.
Not sure how impressed he was when I informed him he would have to man handle the claws to get the meat out! Lol.
The rib eye steak ( cooked medium for the fella~ to my disgust) was absolutely gorgeous.
The lobster..steamed, was lovely too. Yes it's on the small side but really...what do you expect for £15
The fries were hot and very crisp..just the way I like them ,with just the right amount of salt on.
The salad wash fresh bistro style with a hint of dressing, again very nice
Staff were wonderful and very attentive, asking not once but twice if we would like refills on the fries and salad.
I personally enjoyed the atmosphere...lower lighting was nice but the music was a little eclectic. This did not detract from the experience though.
The other diners were a great mix too, from couples young and old, to familys with children.

I will be going back again soon.
Great job Alto.

• 4 of 5 stars Food
Thank you for taking the time to write this review, It is great to hear that you both enjoyed your Steak and Lobster experience @ ALTO.