“Great apartments” 4 of 5 stars
Review of The City Warehouse Apartment Hotel

You added The City Warehouse Apartment Hotel to your Saves list
The City Warehouse Apartment Hotel
4.0 of 5 Condominium   |   6 - 14 Great Ancoats Street, Manchester M4 5AZ, England   |
North Wales
“Great apartments”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 17, 2011

Stayed at the City Warehouse 15th January 2011, we paid £10 to use the secure parking by the apartments, reception staff very helpful and let us check in when we arrived which was a good hour before actual check in, the apartments were lovely and clean and very modern, we had the Executive Apart 1 Bed + 2 Sofa Beds it had everything you wanted in the apartment, clean towels, bed linen, all crockery and they provided tea, coffee, sugar and milk and toiletries in the bathroom at a very reasonable price. It was 5 minutes walk to Picadilly Gardens an ideal base. I would have given 4 stars for the sleep quality if it wasn't for some residents banging on our door at 5.45am wanting sugar the only downside to this was there wasn't a phone in the room to phone the night time security, instead we had to go downstairs and get him. They do provide you with a card with an emergency number on it but at that time of the morning and a bit shaken we didn't think, and it would have been easier just to be able to phone reception as they do have a phone in the apartment that doesn't work. but after all that our stay at the apartment were very enjoyable and would highly recommend it.

• Stayed January 2011, traveled with friends
CityWarehouse, Director of Sales at The City Warehouse Apartment Hotel, responded to this review, February 4, 2011
Dear guest,

Thank you for your kind review.

First off I would like to apologise that the incident with the other guest seemed to ruin what would have been a great stay at our hotel - we always try to make sure guests are never disturbed and that is why we have CCTV and security but again I do apologise that this happened.

I hope you will think of us again for your next stay in Manchester as you will be most welcome and we will make sure that this time you have the best night sleep possible.

Again thank you for the kind words and we look forward to seeing you again.

Ian Kelly
Director

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (70)
Manchester
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 14, 2011

Had booked a standard 1 bed apt, but on arrival we were upgraded to a penthouse at no extra cost.
Situated just 2mins walk from Piccadilly Gardens, these apts offer a great location. Just next to Frog & Bucket, but we heard no noise at all.
The apt was spacious and spotless, could not fault it.
The kitchen is equiped with all you would need for a short stay, beats being cramped into a hotel room!
Would recommend.

• Stayed December 2010, traveled as a couple
CityWarehouse, Director of Sales at The City Warehouse Apartment Hotel, responded to this review, February 8, 2011
Dear Guest,

First off may I thank you for your kind words in your review.

Here at City Warehouse, we always strive to make sure every guest has the best stay possible and i am extremely glad you enjoyed one of our penthouse apartments.

We look forward to welcoming you back to our hotel.
Leicester
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 2, 2010

I decided to have a spur of the moment shopping break and wanted somewhere handy for the city and good value. Late rooms had a 1 bed apartment deal for £65 so I plumped for that and added a note that I was a light sleeper and would appreciate a quiet room.

The service was excellent.
I had a call on Tuesday to confirm the booking. Check in is 3, but when I said I planned to arrive in Manchester at 12, I was told that if they had an apartment ready I would be able to check in immediately, but if not I could leave my bags and they would call me when a room was available. I was also told that they would make sure I had an apartment with bedrooms to the rear of the building away from the main road.
I eventually arrived at 1:30 due to the terrible snow, was greeted warmly and told that I had been upgraded to a 2 bed apartment on the 5th floor with both bedrooms at the rear.

The apartments are not well signed - however if you know that they are inbetween the Frog and Bucket comedy club and the travelodge it is difficult to miss them

The apartment itself was lovely, well stocked, immaculately clean, spacious and warm. There was a lot of traffic noise at the front of the apartment but the rear was fine.

It was a 5-10 minute walk to everywhere I wanted to get to in the city - so fitted my requirements perfectly.

• Stayed December 2010, traveled solo
York, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 24, 2010

Stayed here for 1 night to celebrate our engagement and my fiance's birthday, we were upgraded on arrival to the penthouse apartment whaich was fab fab fab!!!! Everything you need in the kitchen, balcony to have a few glasses of wine on and all the necessities. Great location for shopping and the staff were so friendly and very helpful...thanks - we will definaty be returning!!

Stayed September 2010, traveled as a couple
staffordshire
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 21, 2010

Stayed here Saturday night for a shopping trip and night out. Would recommend!!!! Staff extremely helpful and apartments were brilliant we got upgraded on arrival, in perfect location for shops bars and resturants! will definately be using again.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled with friends
Gloucester, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 1, 2010

Myself and 3 friends recently stayed in these apartments over a bank holiday. As soon as we arrived we were upgraded from a one bedroom apartment to a two. The staff were extremely helpful from the moment we arrived to allowing us to store our bags for the day at the end.

The apartment itself was extremely clean and had all the conveniences that we needed (hair dryer, ironing board and coffees etc) for four girls there for the nightlife. There was no room service or other amenities I would usually expect from a hotel but for a weekend break with friends these were not needed!

We had a fantastic experience at City Warehouse Apartments and I would not only recommend it but will be staying there again if I go back to Manchester for a night out!

• Stayed August 2010, traveled with friends
London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 29, 2010

I was very impressed by this hotel.

It's an apartment hotel so service is non-existent, but the amount of appliances and self-service we were provide really covered for that. We had a 4 night stay with my parents and my younger sister, and these four nights were very pleasant for the amount of time we were indoors in the hotel vs. sightseeing.

For me, the location wasn't the best. The hotel could easily be mistaken for the Travelodge next door if it wasn't for the small sign appearing in the reflection of the adjacent glass building. But once you know where it is, it's very easy to find on a city centre map and we got to know the surrondings. It was located on the edge a certain area which wasn't that pleasant at all, a backwater little group of streets that weren't that easy on the eye, but it was very close to Picadilly Gardens, and from there you can traverse the city with the nearby trams or through the huge shopping centre. The proximity of the shopping centre was definitely a convenience.

The hotel itself was spotless. Very clean, very modern and beautiful. There was an articulated bedroom, a bathroom that I had no complaints about and a living room/kitchen which had everything you would need: a nice LCD TV and appliances galore. The furniture was great as well, and the sofa beds were fantastic.

I had a couple of problems though. It's right by some building works and you're bound to hear them anywhere, and they are bound to cause a stir when watching TV - especially when our speakers weren't top-notch either. Furthermore, none of doors apart from the bathroom door actually closed properly. We couldn't close the window-door to shut out the drill from the building, and the bedroom door wouldn't close either.

The last problem would be the TV, and that the remote obviously wasn't built for that certain television, as we couldn't check the time or the built-in TV guide. It came with a DVD player and a stereo which was great, and coming back from a long sightseeing session was very comforting.

Even though the service was non-existent, it made up for itself which the quality of the rooms. Although it lacked the polish you would expect from a bigger hotel - it's perfect if you're going to be out all day but at night just relaxing in.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled with family

Been to The City Warehouse Apartment Hotel? Share your experiences!