“couldn't be more helpful” 5 of 5 stars
Review of The City Warehouse Apartment Hotel

You added The City Warehouse Apartment Hotel to your Saves list
The City Warehouse Apartment Hotel
4.0 of 5 Condominium   |   6 - 14 Great Ancoats Street, Manchester M4 5AZ, England   |
Henfield, England, United Kingdom
“couldn't be more helpful”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 3, 2013

I booked 3 apartments for 18 people and had a great time. The staff couldn't have been more helpful. Apartments are Clean and well put together. The 8 person penthouse was big enough to fit 18 of us to eat and drink ect. Perfect location. Would recommend it to anyone.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends
Thomas S, Front Office Manager at The City Warehouse Apartment Hotel, responded to this review, February 12, 2013
Dear Kelly,

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review of your stay with us, I've passed on your comments to our housekeeping and reception staff.

I'm pleased to read that you were able to enjoy the Penthouse and make use of the space in there, I hope to welcome you to Manchester again soon.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (70)
Essex
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 2, 2013

I would never stay anywhere else in Manchester. The rooms are comfortable, spotlessly clean and very well equipped. The staff bend over backwards to offer the type of service you would generally expect from a five star hotel. Well done gentlemen! And thank you again for a wonderful stay.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your fantastic review of the hotel, I'm pleased to read that you found the apartments "comfortable, spotlessly clean and very well equipped". It's wonderful for our staff to be compared with that of a five star hotel and I know everyone will be thrilled to hear your compliments.

I look forward to welcoming you back for another stay very soon.
Aberdare, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 25, 2013

So i stayed here on the 10/01/2013-12/10/2013 with four female family members. Originally to watch the Jeremy Kyle show but then turned into a major shopping trip. Down to the basics, so this apartment hotel is amazing. Spotlessly clean and everything was provided for you. The staff were lovely and were willing to help at any time, especially one of the cleaners she was brilliant and also the maintenance man. When you first walk in it is clean and smelt lovely and fresh, we were greeted and made to feel at home. When walking into our apartment we were pleased and amazed at how big the rooms are and how clean they are. The sofa beds are really comfy in which we put them down during the nights to watch the tv. The walls are pretty thick so you can not hear much noise if your lucky enough not to have someone partying next door. The apartments are just a short walk from the city centre, maybe a five minute walk if that.

There were some negatives but were surely sorted at the end of our stay. We did have a group of people partying next to us, im not the type to complain as your going to get noisy people where ever you go but these took it to a new level, but this was soon sorted by the manager in the morning. We did have some complaints about a secuirity issue and had to make a complaint about that also. This was resolved in the morning of departure too. Over all the manager dealt with the complaints quickly and efficiently and even though we did experience these problems we would definately stay here again if we do venture back to Manchester.

Thank You for the stay CITY WAREHOUSE APARTMENTS.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends
Thomas S, Front Office Manager at The City Warehouse Apartment Hotel, responded to this review, January 29, 2013
Dear Kirsty,

Thank you for your excellent review, I'm so pleased to see your comment which describes the hotel as amazing and I'll be sure to pass your review onto all of the staff who you found so lovely.

I will also make sure that the housekeeping staff are aware of your very kind compliments regarding the cleanliness in the apartment.

I'm sorry that you were disturbed by some other guests, but I am very pleased to read that you thought we dealt with it quickly and efficiently - I do hope to have the opportunity to welcome you to Manchester again soon.
Middlesbrough, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 25, 2013

This apartment hotel is a brilliant place. OK so Great Ancoats Street isn't the most picturesque Street in Manchester, but then again are there any picturesque streets in Manchester!!!
But the location is ideal for those visiting for shopping or for those after a good night out. You literally turn the corner and you are on Oldham Street, the main artery of Manchester's trendy and vibrant Northern Quarter.
The staff are so friendly, from those on the desk, to those who clean the room. They are happy to look after your bags before and after check in and are genuinely friendly and helpful.
The apartment itself cannot be faulted. We were on the 5th floor with views across to the Pennines. We were pleasantly surprised when we walked in - the apartments have great floor to ceiling windows letting in loads of light and are really spacious. Ours was spotlessly clean and fully equipped with everything you might need. The kitchen had the lot, all finished to a high spec.
The lounge had a great TV, separate DVD player, CD and there was even a cool Sony ipod/iphone speaker.
The bedroom had plenty of storage and a really comfy bed with squeaky clean linen.
Bathroom had powerful shower and loads of clean towels.
I honestly cannot fault this - brilliant location, excellent apartment and great value for money - £55 for two people in central Manchester is a steal.
Highly recommended.

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to leave your excellent comments, I'm pleased that you enjoyed yourselves and were able to explore the Northern Quarter.

I will pass on your comments regarding how helpful our staff were and the cleanliness of the apartments to everybody, I'm sure they will look forward to welcoming you to Manchester again in the future.
Hebden Bridge, United Kingdom
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 18, 2013

We hate the City Warehouse Apartment Hotel in Manchester…and it’s a perfect example of how clever photography on websites (and TripAdvisor reviews) can give absolutely the wrong impression. We chose it for its location (close to Matt and Phred’s jazz club), for its bargain price of £55 (RRP more than £300) and the clean, stylish-looking interior. A kitchen was an added bonus because we could save money by eating in.

In fact, the frayed brown carpet, the stained brown candlewick bedspread, the storage heaters and the general air of drabness put us off staying there any longer than we could help. (Well, at least that meant we discovered the excellent Jack Spratt’s restaurant).

It has the dated air of a ’90s bachelor pad – one where the bachelor rolls in drunk with a takeaway most nights. Although clean, it was all a bit going to seed around the edges…the atmosphere of Mike Leigh’s Naked transposed into a hotel room.

The reception staff were friendly and welcoming and, just maybe, we would have felt differently had it been advertised as £55 digs rather than pretending to be a £300+ apartment. But then maybe we wouldn’t have chosen it at all…

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Thomas S, General Manager at The City Warehouse Apartment Hotel, responded to this review, February 4, 2013
Dear guest,

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review.

I'm sorry to read that you did not enjoy your stay at the hotel.

I have passed on your positive comments to the reception staff and the housekeepers.

To address your negative comments, our photographs that we use to advertise the apartments are exactly the same as the photographs taken by guests and posted on this site. In fact they are exactly the same as the photograph you took yourself of one of the bedrooms. Also reviews left by previous guests are their own experiences of their stay and nothing the hotel has any say over, therefore, I don’t understand your comment about clever photography and reviews making a place look better than it actually is.

I do take note about the frayed carpet and apologise that you had that in your apartment.
Glasgow
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 11, 2013

Just returned from a three night break at The City Warehouse apartments and I think that the number of excellent reviews on Trip Advisor say it all really. Fantastic location, excellent accomodation with every mod con supplied for a comfortable stay, absolutely spotless and exceptionally personable and friendly staff. Also, I booked via Facebook and recieved a 5% discount on top of an (already) excellent price for the high standard of accomodation. What's not to like? I cannot recommend this property highly enough and will definately return.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends
Thomas S, Front Office Manager at The City Warehouse Apartment Hotel, responded to this review, January 17, 2013
Dear Guest,

I'm pleased to read your fantastic review of your stay with us, it's great that you enjoyed your time in the apartments, I hope you had chance to explore Manchester's vibrant Northern Quarter and will look forward to seeing you again soon.

Thank you for taking time time to leave a review.
Chorley, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 6, 2013

Luckily i was with my husband as when we got to the location i had to go to the reception to find out where the car park was. A car park was situated across a busy road at £15 a night, however if you come out of the apartment and turn right there was a car park for £8 for 24hrs, not the most secure but on a busy road which may be a deterant for any wrong doing due to lack of security.

I walked into the apartment block through an insecure door and wandedred up and down a corridor a couple of time before i knocked on an office door, i had no idea if this office was connected to the apartment.

Booking in was no problem, no deposit taken, but what i thought was strange was payment upfront!!.

Got into the apartment which i would describe as clean but basic. It said there was tea and coffee making facilities. Milk provided was 6 little cartons, half a pint would be more beneficial.

There was a dirty tea towel in the washer, the tv didnt work and the Ipod dock needed an extra cable. I contacted the reception and the problem was resolved in minutes.

Excellent location for the Northern quarter but a good 10-15 mins walk to Deansgate.

We did get the apartment on an offer and as such i would consider it to be reasonable value, however I wouldn't stay here again.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Thomas S, Front Office Manager at The City Warehouse Apartment Hotel, responded to this review, January 7, 2013
Dear Suzy,

Thank you for taking the time to leave such a comprehensive review, I'm sorry to read that you had trouble with the car park, we recommend the £15.00 NCP because of it's security and location, but I'm glad you were able to find something cheaper which suited your needs.

The front door of the hotel does have a secure PIN entry system as well as an intercom to contact reception on check-in, however the soft closing mechanism may have meant that the door was still swinging shut from a previous guest when you arrived. The mechanism is designed to prevent noise, from the door opening/closing, disturbing the guests in the apartments above reception.

We take payment on arrival to minimise the waiting time for guests on departure who wish to check-out as check-ins are usually spaced throughout the afternoon and evening where, as I'm sure you can imagine, departures tend to be centered around 12 noon with that being our latest check-out, and taking payment from lots of guests at the same time would slow this process greatly.

I have mentioned your comments regarding the appliances to our Housekeeping and Maintenance managers; I can only offer my sincere apologies to you for the oversights, although I am assured that these faults will not be an issue again. Our head housekeeper was also very grateful for your compliment regarding the cleanliness of your apartment.

I am pleased to read that you enjoyed exploring Manchester's fantastic Northern Quarter from the hotel, and I must say most guests find Deansgate's bars and restaurants in easy reach and prefer to stay in an area which is a little quieter.

I hope you will reconsider staying with us again in the future.

Been to The City Warehouse Apartment Hotel? Share your experiences!