“Pleasantly Surprised” 4 of 5 stars

Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Reservations, Late Night
Stavanger, Norway
“Pleasantly Surprised”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 6, 2013

We went on Saturday the 3rd of August having left it late to book with a quick look on Trip Advisor for Spanish Food. They squeezed us in on a busy night.. I live out of the UK and I guess I'm not up to date on the latest restaurants and wasn't aware this was a chain.. Also on arrival we discovered it was South American fusion rather than Spanish so we were on our back foot so to speak. The restaurant Staff were very friendly and efficient particularly the lady waiting on our table. We order loads of Tapas after a couple of beers that made us even hungrier and I have to say it was absolutely delicious especially the Pasties with cranberry salsa and the meatballs.. Would and will return…

• Visited August 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere

Manchester, United Kingdom
“Much better than your usual chains”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2013

I was a bit dubious when my wife first told me how good Las Iguanas was after she had been to a different one, because chains tend to be poorer quality than independent restaurants - Chiquito's, TGIs etc all fall foul of this - asthey aim to generally please the masses rather than look for creativity.

However, we did end up going one weekend - and I have been back a few times since. It was absolutely heaving, which was not a surprise for Deansgate on a weekend, but we were seated very quickly. The staff have always been very friendly, attentive, and knowledgable of the menus. The drinks selection is great, and the food is amazingly good. I am still working my way through the Brazilian specials section (not sure why anyone would have a fajita if they went), as recommended by the staff - and with good reason. The Extraordinary XimXim is most definitely worth a try.

Very good value for money (especially if you go on a weekday with a Tastecard), and I will definitely be going back, probably quite soon.

• Visited June 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
“Tasty and great value”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2013 via mobile

Looking outside at the building I wasnt sure whether to go in or not. However once inside I was shocked at how nicely decorated and clean it was. The food was excellent, my choice was from the mexican section and it was the best I have ever had. The lunch menu is great value. It is very child friendly with highchairs, nappy changing and a great healthy childrens menu. I will most certainly be visiting again and look forward to trying other items from the menu!

• Visited July 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
“strongly recommended”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2013

it was my first visit to this restaurant and one of the best choices i ve ever done in Manchester. We were very welcomed by the manager of the restaurant who accompanied us in our table. The atmosphere was great with a Brazilian character. surprisingly the manger come over again while we were thinking what to order. He was very kind helpful and very friendly. His proposals for food and drinks were excellent and delicious in the same time. His funny character fitted in this restaurant environment and made our stay very special.

• Visited July 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Manchester
“Great food - Not so great staff”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 27, 2013

I love the food here,but I'm always disappointed by the staff. It's not that they aren't attentive,I just find some of them miserable and are uninterested in the customer. Would visit more if felt more welcomed! Best place in Manchester for Nacho's!!

• Visited June 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
LasIguanasHQ, Owner at Las Iguanas - Deansgate, responded to this review, August 7, 2013
Great to hear you love our Nachos! I'll pass on your feedback about our team and you'll hopefully find them all smiles on your next visit! Lucy-Las Iguanas