“Good Basic Hotel In Manchester Victoria - Handy For Business” 4 of 5 stars

4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Cheetham Hill Road, Manchester M4 4EW, England   |
Hotel deals
Ranked #34 of 117 hotels in Manchester
Bampton, United Kingdom
“Good Basic Hotel In Manchester Victoria - Handy For Business”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 21, 2012

I've stayed in the Park Inn 5 times this year & it has always been a positive experience. The staff are friendly & the rooms light & airy. It's a good place to stay when on business because it has good wi-fi & the rooms have space in which to work. Victoria Station is a 5 minute walk with trams that connect you with all parts of the city. This is a very good hotel & reasonable value for money.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
Neil_Raw, General Manager at Park Inn by Radisson Manchester, City Centre, responded to this review, January 14, 2013
Hi togozo, thank you for choosing to stay with us for the 5th time, I do appreciate you taking the time to review the hotel here on Tripadvisor and I am sure it will be useful for others. I look forward to welcoming you back soon!
All the best,
Neil

1,009 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (155)
  • Indonesian first
  • Turkish first
Lancashire
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 20, 2012

Beautiful Hotel placed in the City Centre Of Manchester. Handy for the shops Deansgate just down the road, Christmas Markets 5 minutes away if that. Rooms very spacious, although at first we was placed in a non accessible room, but when I explained that I had booked a wheelchair accessible room we was given the choice to move. This we accepted and the move was excellent so glad we did it. The Hotel did express that although we had on our confirmation that the room we needed was wheelchair accessible the Expedia had not passed on the information which we found very odd. But I did not know who to believe.

Room Tip: Did not check the spa out did not realise on booking that a spa was available. We had to leave earl...
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Burnley, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 20, 2012

Very nearby MEN Arena which was great to stay after the show and have a day in Manchester the following day. However it was VERY busy as there were 14,000 To see Andre Rieu ( which was fabulous) and many of them staying at this hotel which seemed to struggle to cope. We had a very nice room and I would stay there again as it was very handy.

Room Tip: You get what you pay for - don't expect luxury.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with friends
Cardiff, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 19, 2012

Very good hotel for events in MEM Centre in Manchester. It,s just over the road - brilliant!!Bar VERY busy hopeless trying to get a drink but for the price you pay £80ish a night what do you expect? Impersonal reception but I do believe you get what you pay for. Room was good, but I had reserved a twin and this was a double but my daughter and myself could not be bothered complaining as it was a big double so it was fine.Friday night they had a big party there so it was really noisy, not at all pleasant downstairs but could not hear anything in bedrooms. I would stay here for events in MEM Centre, but no other reason

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Yalikavak, Turkey
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 17, 2012

It seems that I had similar experiences to others that have posted negative comments on here.
Paid £209 for a so called suite for one night.Included were free wifi,free slippers and bath robe and free newspaper..................had to ring housekeeping for the bath robes and slippers.Reception told me I should ring them myself,the slippers never did come and the newspaper I was charged for when I checked my bill,the same newspaper was free at the entrance to the dining room.

The breakfast was O.K. if you like motorway service stations but at £209 per night I thought it pretty poor.

All in all I would prefer one of the better hotels in the centre and even pay a bit more for a better class of facilities,service and food.

By the way ,it's absolutely no use complaining.I sent full feedback to the manager and didn't even get a reply.I forwarded a copy of my e.mail to rezidorparkinn.com and still never had an acknowledgement or a reply. I think I'll just avoid Radisson in future they are similar to other Swedish companies,very aloof,very impersonal and basically average.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Liverpool, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 17, 2012

We booked the 'Concert Package' which included evening meal, internet access, king size room, water and snacks for after the concert, breakfast and late check out (2pm) - £165.00 which was excellent value for money.

This is a very good hotel with excellent staff and so this review does not reflect on the staff but on the management and communication.

We arrived for check in and found there to be a very long queue with only 2 staff on reception - after about 10 minutes a third member of staff appeared which helped speed up the check in process.

I gave in my booking reference which indicated that we had booked the 'Concert Package'. The receptionist took me through the 'you've booked with us for 1 night, included in this is your evening meal.......etc, etc' and was then advised at the end that check out was at 12 mid-day. I pointed out that this was a concert package, the receptionist referred this to her manager who confirmed the check out time to be 2pm, this then had to be changed manually on the system.

I asked to book our table for the evening meal and was advised to book directly at the restaurant, which I tried to do but was told that they were fully booked. Again I pointed out that we had booked a concert package and again I was referred to a manager as the waitress still insisted that the restaurant was fully booked. The manager I spoke to apologised and assured me that a table had been reserved for us, but the restaurant was fully booked if guests were not on the concert package.

In the room I tried to access the internet but was directed to a 'how do you wish to pay' page. A call to the front desk advised that I would have to charge it to the room and then this cost would be deducted from the final check out costs - internet access from this point on was intermittant at best so I ended up using my 3G phone instead.

The room itself was large, clean, modern and contemporary with a very comfy king sized bed, but no drawers or enclosed wardrobe - so keep your 'smalls' in your suitcase!!

The bathroom was large and had a fantastic walk in shower, and it had an air of quality about it - unfortunately the toilet seat was loose and the shower riser was loose as well. I know these little niggles didn't stop us using the toilet and shower but considering the quality of the rest of the room/bathroom they did detract from the overall quality.

The food was top class, a real 10 out of 10 for the evening meal and the breakfast. Both were buffet style so you could go up for second helpings if you wished to do so!! Too good to be true?! I'll say it again, the food was outstanding, however there didn't appear to be enough staff to deal with demand so if you wanted to order a glass of wine with your meal or even asked for milk to go with your tea you had a good wait.

We tried to have a drink in the bar after the concert but it was so busy that you had to queue 3/4 deep at the bar, and there only appeared to be 1 or 2 bar staff. We waited for 20 minutes before deciding we didn't want a drink to finish the evening anyway!! My advice would be to walk to one of the local bars outside the hotel if you want to finish the evening with a nightcap.......

In summary : this is a very nice hotel with excellent staff and facilities and I would definitely stay there again if we were going to another concert at the MEN arena (2 minute walk). I do feel that the communication could have been better at check in and that the full list of benefits included in the package should have been made available to the receptionists booking guests in to avoid any ambiguity. More staff are needed to cover demand over the meal times and in the bar in the evenings.

How would I describe this hotel?? As a nice new BMW with a brake light missing - good quality and good value for money but with a few glitches.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Isle of Man,United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 15, 2012

Booked two rooms for two couples for two nights. First night we could only get early booking in restaurant for dinner which did not start very well as my wife found a used blob of chewing gum in her wine glass fortunately before she used it. We had a pleasant starter and main course which was well presented and served. On our return from the concert the bar area was very crowded and noisy with people at, I presume, Xmas parties making it very difficult to get served and we ended up sitting in the foyer.The second night the restaurant was fully booked, so had to go some where else prior to our planned evening entertainment. On our return the bar area was again very crowded and noisy and the bar was under staffed. The hotel advertises a room service menu as we could not get any food from the bar although people were still eating so we ordered from the room service menu at reception for delivery to our rooms only to be phoned ten minutes later to say they had run out of provisions to make sandwiches. We ended up with four portions of chips and buttered bread. The self service breakfast was very good in choices and presentation. The bedrooms are very clean and comfortable, but are short of some drawers to put your clothes away rather than the couple of small open shelves available. I appreciate it is a modern city centre hotel and I would stay there again as it is very convenient for the concert venue across the road but it needs to sort out some of the niggles.

Stayed December 2012, traveled with friends

Been to Park Inn by Radisson Manchester, City Centre? Share your experiences!