“Great location” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #36 of 117 hotels in Manchester
Cardiff, United Kingdom
“Great location”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 19, 2012

Very good hotel for events in MEM Centre in Manchester. It,s just over the road - brilliant!!Bar VERY busy hopeless trying to get a drink but for the price you pay £80ish a night what do you expect? Impersonal reception but I do believe you get what you pay for. Room was good, but I had reserved a twin and this was a double but my daughter and myself could not be bothered complaining as it was a big double so it was fine.Friday night they had a big party there so it was really noisy, not at all pleasant downstairs but could not hear anything in bedrooms. I would stay here for events in MEM Centre, but no other reason

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family

974 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (148)
  • Indonesian first
  • Turkish first
Yalikavak, Turkey
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 17, 2012

It seems that I had similar experiences to others that have posted negative comments on here.
Paid £209 for a so called suite for one night.Included were free wifi,free slippers and bath robe and free newspaper..................had to ring housekeeping for the bath robes and slippers.Reception told me I should ring them myself,the slippers never did come and the newspaper I was charged for when I checked my bill,the same newspaper was free at the entrance to the dining room.

The breakfast was O.K. if you like motorway service stations but at £209 per night I thought it pretty poor.

All in all I would prefer one of the better hotels in the centre and even pay a bit more for a better class of facilities,service and food.

By the way ,it's absolutely no use complaining.I sent full feedback to the manager and didn't even get a reply.I forwarded a copy of my e.mail to rezidorparkinn.com and still never had an acknowledgement or a reply. I think I'll just avoid Radisson in future they are similar to other Swedish companies,very aloof,very impersonal and basically average.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Liverpool, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 17, 2012

We booked the 'Concert Package' which included evening meal, internet access, king size room, water and snacks for after the concert, breakfast and late check out (2pm) - £165.00 which was excellent value for money.

This is a very good hotel with excellent staff and so this review does not reflect on the staff but on the management and communication.

We arrived for check in and found there to be a very long queue with only 2 staff on reception - after about 10 minutes a third member of staff appeared which helped speed up the check in process.

I gave in my booking reference which indicated that we had booked the 'Concert Package'. The receptionist took me through the 'you've booked with us for 1 night, included in this is your evening meal.......etc, etc' and was then advised at the end that check out was at 12 mid-day. I pointed out that this was a concert package, the receptionist referred this to her manager who confirmed the check out time to be 2pm, this then had to be changed manually on the system.

I asked to book our table for the evening meal and was advised to book directly at the restaurant, which I tried to do but was told that they were fully booked. Again I pointed out that we had booked a concert package and again I was referred to a manager as the waitress still insisted that the restaurant was fully booked. The manager I spoke to apologised and assured me that a table had been reserved for us, but the restaurant was fully booked if guests were not on the concert package.

In the room I tried to access the internet but was directed to a 'how do you wish to pay' page. A call to the front desk advised that I would have to charge it to the room and then this cost would be deducted from the final check out costs - internet access from this point on was intermittant at best so I ended up using my 3G phone instead.

The room itself was large, clean, modern and contemporary with a very comfy king sized bed, but no drawers or enclosed wardrobe - so keep your 'smalls' in your suitcase!!

The bathroom was large and had a fantastic walk in shower, and it had an air of quality about it - unfortunately the toilet seat was loose and the shower riser was loose as well. I know these little niggles didn't stop us using the toilet and shower but considering the quality of the rest of the room/bathroom they did detract from the overall quality.

The food was top class, a real 10 out of 10 for the evening meal and the breakfast. Both were buffet style so you could go up for second helpings if you wished to do so!! Too good to be true?! I'll say it again, the food was outstanding, however there didn't appear to be enough staff to deal with demand so if you wanted to order a glass of wine with your meal or even asked for milk to go with your tea you had a good wait.

We tried to have a drink in the bar after the concert but it was so busy that you had to queue 3/4 deep at the bar, and there only appeared to be 1 or 2 bar staff. We waited for 20 minutes before deciding we didn't want a drink to finish the evening anyway!! My advice would be to walk to one of the local bars outside the hotel if you want to finish the evening with a nightcap.......

In summary : this is a very nice hotel with excellent staff and facilities and I would definitely stay there again if we were going to another concert at the MEN arena (2 minute walk). I do feel that the communication could have been better at check in and that the full list of benefits included in the package should have been made available to the receptionists booking guests in to avoid any ambiguity. More staff are needed to cover demand over the meal times and in the bar in the evenings.

How would I describe this hotel?? As a nice new BMW with a brake light missing - good quality and good value for money but with a few glitches.

Isle of Man,United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 15, 2012

Booked two rooms for two couples for two nights. First night we could only get early booking in restaurant for dinner which did not start very well as my wife found a used blob of chewing gum in her wine glass fortunately before she used it. We had a pleasant starter and main course which was well presented and served. On our return from the concert the bar area was very crowded and noisy with people at, I presume, Xmas parties making it very difficult to get served and we ended up sitting in the foyer.The second night the restaurant was fully booked, so had to go some where else prior to our planned evening entertainment. On our return the bar area was again very crowded and noisy and the bar was under staffed. The hotel advertises a room service menu as we could not get any food from the bar although people were still eating so we ordered from the room service menu at reception for delivery to our rooms only to be phoned ten minutes later to say they had run out of provisions to make sandwiches. We ended up with four portions of chips and buttered bread. The self service breakfast was very good in choices and presentation. The bedrooms are very clean and comfortable, but are short of some drawers to put your clothes away rather than the couple of small open shelves available. I appreciate it is a modern city centre hotel and I would stay there again as it is very convenient for the concert venue across the road but it needs to sort out some of the niggles.

Stayed December 2012, traveled with friends
north yorkshire
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 15, 2012

Stayed here as attending a concert at the MEN and after checking others in the locality this appeared the best. The room was excellent good hospitality tray but if stopping a number of nights short of wardrobe and drawers although there was a safe. Smashing walk in shower and plenty of towels. The reception staff were very helpful and dealt with things as fast as possible. The hotel was full so a long queue to check in but didn't have to wait too long. The dinner and breakfast were very good and plentiful but it was this side that let the hotel down especially at breakfast we had to ask them to clear the table from the previous occupant and also to bring us drinks and even had to help ourselves to cutlery in all the service was very bad not enough staff for the amount of visitors. The service in the bar at night was the same we came back from the concert and it took us about 30 mins to get served fair enough there was a disco on as well but 2/3 behind the bar wasn't enough and they had no idea who was waiting to be served. Although there is no parking at the hotel the NCP park at the MEN is very handy and cost us just under £15 for over 24 hours. If we were going to a concert again or even just for a overnight shopping trip would definately use this hotel again. One tip if you are going to a concert and are having an evening meal make sure you book a table and allow plenty of time in case you have to wait.

Leeds, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 14, 2012 via mobile

Booked 1 standard accessible double (102.40) and 1 business king room (£148). Business king room special features on confirmation included "free Internet, a newspaper, bathrobes and slippers". Did not get internet, newspaper or slippers and had to ask for bathrobe which was delivered to room. I could not see any difference between the standard double and the business king! The king bed was actually a set of twins pushed together. The duvet just covered the two twin beds. My partner and I had to sleep close to the middle edge of each bed to keep covered. We switched the air con/heating off overnight cos it was so loud but there was still a loud humming noise (we were on 6th floor so maybe it was plant on roof). My husband said pretend you're on a ship and its engine noise which I did and managed to get to sleep. My mother in law was on the 1st floor in the accessible room. Luckily she is deaf and couldn't hear the noise from the disco on the floor below. It was very loud when we dropped her there at 11.30 pm.

Good points were reception staff and housekeeping staff who were friendly and helpful. Food in restaurant was tasty but service was very slow.

We stayed here because convenient for Manchester Arena. Could have booked premier Inn also close by but booked this Raddison cos thought it would be higher standard, superior quality experience. I was wrong!

• Stayed December 2012
hereford
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 10, 2012

A one night stay and I booked a suite ......great suite plenty of room,floor to ceiling windows,busy road outside but super soundproofing no noise at all,spacious bathroom,white fluffy bathrobes and plenty of towels all sizes.

Ten minute walk to the centre or a quick £4 taxi ride. Plenty of cheap parking across the road if you need it ......£2.50 or £3 per day.

Reception staff are cheerful and fairly efficient.

I've stayed in many Radisson Hotels but this is well a little down market compared to the rest.
The bathroom needed a deep clean as there were a few splashes near the towel rails which were noticeable.The bathroom also needed a better selection of toileteries and full toilet rolls and not two half rolls ,after all this was a suite.The duvet on the very comfortable bed was too lightweight and it felt as if you were just lying under a few sheets ,made it feel cold,not a good nights sleep. The breakfast was not up to standard.A poor selection of yoghurts and fruit.also a very poor selection of cold meat and cheese.The hot English breakfast was piled high but had been left for too long under the servery lights,dry bacon,cold mysterious coloured scrambled egg,tinned button mushrooms ,no fried or boiled eggs.The breakfast room staff were polite but quite slow both clearing and serving.
As mentioned earlier I have stayed in Radisson Hotels in Sweden,Finland,Estonia, and Lithuania .....and this is the first one that failed to impress.The suite was £209 and should have been with bathrobes,slippers and newspaper included........I just checked my bill and they even charged £1.20 for the newspaper ....that was free on the entrance to the dining room...the slippers were not in my room. I travel to Manchester quite often but I think I'll give the Park Inn a miss in future.For just a few pounds more there are better 5 star hotels in the city.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Park Inn by Radisson Manchester, City Centre? Share your experiences!