“Worth a Visit with Groupon” 3 of 5 stars
Review of St Petersburg Russian Restaurant

St Petersburg Russian Restaurant
68 Sackville Street, Manchester M1 3NY, England (Manchester City Centre)
Website
Improve this listing
Ranked #371 of 1,640 restaurants in Manchester
Cuisines: Russian
Good for: Romance
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Reservations, Late Night
Neighborhood: Manchester City Centre
UK
“Worth a Visit with Groupon”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 6, 2013

Well worth a visit a visit with Groupon. Food a little basic and menu not extensive but its tastes lovely and is great value.

Visited July 2012

69% Recommend
“Excellent”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 14, 2013 via mobile

Have just returned from a wonderful evening at this resteraunt, we had purchased a groupon voucher but the service and experience was just as good as when my parents booked from the a la carte menu. The portion sizes were excellent along with the quality of the food. We will certainly be returning on a Saturday night to experiment the banquet and entertainment.

The quality was not compromised due to us purchasing a voucher. I personally can not wait to return.

• Visited May 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Preston, United Kingdom
“Russkii Manchester”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 5, 2013

We went to the St Petersburg restaurant on 8th April 2013 with some friends for a meal to celebrate our wedding anniversary. We had purchased the GroupOn deal which meant that we had to order from the Duke Stroganoff menu. I had Borshch for starter which was excellent, Goulash for the main course which was very nice and a blin with ice cream for dessert which was fine although extremely small. Quite a few of us had golubtsy which were deemed excellent and in fact everybody thought the food was very good. Bearing in mind that all of us were either Russian or had spent considerable time in Russia, the fact that the food was considered good can only go to show that it is the real deal. Unfortunately we were driving so we couldn’t sample the huge range of vodkas on the menu. Maybe next time! Russian music was playing in the background. The waiter service was very good. It was a bit quiet although what do you expect on a Monday evening? I think it would be worth returning at the weekend to sample the atmosphere when there is entertainment. Russians usually know how to party! The only comment I would make about the GroupOn deal is that the portions available on the Duke Stroganoff menu are a bit on the small side. However, I have noticed this with other GroupOn deals and it is not really a negative comment about the restaurant. All in all - a good time. Spasibo bolshoe!

• Visited April 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Manchester, United Kingdom
“Cold food and shocking service when highlighted”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 6, 2013

Just got back from an evening meal at st Petersburg...... We were on a groupon deal which was a 3 course meal for 2 for £18 . This we thought was a bargain...how wrong we were!
We ordered our meals and drinks to find that our main meal was only classed as the "meat" if you wanted rice , fries or mash to accompany your main this was a. Chargeable extra! Be warned if you buy this meal you will have to pay more to turn it into a meal.
The starter when it arrived was of a good quality and portion size. The main meal when it arrived after the waiter stating it was fish cutlets and taking it away before returning with the same meal but stating the fish was now chicken looked very good. This was until my wife tucked into hers to discover it was stone cold! We reported this to the waiter who swiftly removed her dish and offered her a vodka shot as an apology from the chef. They left my plate on the table getting cold whilst they reheated my wives plate. When my wives food came back the chicken pieces were stringy and fatty so she ended up leaving more on the plate than she ate, we noticed the waiters asking if people enjoyed there meals as they were collecting plates, they did not do this to us..... He just collected my wife's plate and removed it , her drinks glass that was also empty got taken away without asking if we wanted further drinks. Following an epic wait for our desert which was a slice of gateaux we got up to offer to pay expecting for us to be told it was being waived due to what had occurred.. As we got up the manager disappeared quickly and I was amazed that we were charged £16 for 2 drinks and 2 " top up of main meals of a rice and mash".
I would advise people to expect to pay extras and we will be contacting Groupon to complain about the offer and the service we received.
The food being cold may have just been an unfortunate incident and I fully accept this but the way in which the situation was managed was shocking, they assumed that by putting a( cranberry -given rather than chosen ) vodka shot on the table made up for the fact that me and my wife could not eat a hot meal together whilst out on a date night.

• Visited April 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
Sergei K, Owner at St Petersburg Russian Restaurant, responded to this review, April 9, 2013
Thank you for your revue . I was not in the restaurant when it is happened , but I already took necessary things to avoid this sort of situation in the future. It is not excuse but it was only one situation for this evening .
manchester
“Good all rounder”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 12, 2013 via mobile

Visited this restaurant twice now and both times have been super, room for improvement but good all round..

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere