“Best Indian Restaurant In Manchester” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Spicy Hut Restaurant

Spicy Hut Restaurant
35 Wilmslow Road, | Curry Mile, Manchester M14 5TB, England (Rusholme)
+44 161 248 6200
Cuisines: Indian, Asian, Vegan, Pakistani
Good for: Special occasions
Dining options: Dinner, Delivery, Late Night, Reservations, Takeout
Neighborhood: Rusholme
Description: The heart and soul of Spicy Hut restaurant is spectacularly good food in an informal family friendly atmosphere. The very best ingredients, imaginative recipes and innovative menus have ensured a devoted following among customers for years. We provide the warmest welcome whoever the customer and whatever the occasion. The secret of our success is the same now as it always has been - a passion for curry, great service, a love of people, a relaxed, comfortable atmosphere and an amazingly modest bill at the end of the evening. All curries served are HALAL and Gluten free. No MSG or preservatives, artificial flavours or additives are used. We keep the nutritional value by using fresh herbs & Home-made spices. ALLERGY ADVICE: If you have any food allergies please let us know before ordering. We will be happy to assist you in selecting a suitable dish. Please don't hesitate to ask for advice on selections of VEGAN dishes. The chef will be delighted to alter dishes to your palate where possible.
Manchester, United Kingdom
“Best Indian Restaurant In Manchester”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 18, 2013

I have been living in Manchester since September and have been coming to Spicy Hut since then. Excellent customer service, nice & friendly staff, and most importantly excellent food at mad prices. The only regret I have is that I shall be leaving Manchester at the end of May and I will miss the boys at Spicy Hut. I only wish I could take them back with me to Birmingham!

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
shabes, Manager at Spicy Hut Restaurant, responded to this review, June 30, 2013
Sorry to see that moved to Birmingham look forward on your next vist to manchester.

Manchester
“Simply Sizzling Service!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 16, 2013

I've just been to Spicy Hut again after another couple of months away working and these guys never cease to satisfy. Despite the fact that I simply cannot visit them as often as I'd like to they are always welcoming, friendly and most of all they remember me and my food preferences!

Tonight I skipped the starters and went straight on to the main course. I had one of Spicy Hut's Special Sizzlers (Large Chicken Shashlik) with a Massala Sauce, Special Rice and a Peshwari Naan... and it was AMAZING! They even remembered that I like Chick Peas adding to my Sauce which was very impressive too, especially after several months!

I can't recommend this place enough. They're continually excellent across the board. My only complaint is that they don't deliver to London (where I work)!

(By the way I forgot to mention how nice the new restrooms are guys. I know this doesn't affect the food, but it does play it's part in the overall restaurant experience. Very nice job indeed!)

Thank you again Spicy Hut - Keep-up the good work guys!

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Thanks Tony hope to see you soon.
“Rude, arrogant and poor”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 12, 2013

Having heard great reviews about Spicy Hut, my partner and I exchanged Tesco club card points for a voucher to use here.

We booked a table over the phone, informing them that we intended on using these vouchers.
Having read reviews informing you could bring your own alcohol (this is not advertised anywhere on the website or in the restaurant), we decided to take our own.

We had a good starter; onion bhaji's were good, they had a nice spicy kick to them. The chicken pakora's were poor and tasteless.

When ordering the mains we reminded them we were using the vouchers we had redeemed. It was at this point the waiter turned extremely rude and obnoxious. He told us the voucher could not be used when bringing your own drinks and that it stated this in the terms conditions. It did not. We showed him the voucher and he pointed to the text that read 'can only be redeemed on food, not to be used with special offers'. We were told that bringing your own alcohol was a special offer. It is not, it is not advertised anywhere. We asked if the vouchers could be used if we put our wine away and bought some drinks. We were told no. After he checked with his manager we were allowed. We were given a watered-down wine and a carlsberg when we had asked for a cobra.

After this they did there best to get us out of the place. Before finishing our mediocre mains they had taken our dishes and given us hand wipes and the bill.

I'm sure we would have enjoyed our food more, had we of had chance to eat it in a reasonable time and not been ushered out of the place as quickly as possible.

Extremely disappointing food, appalling service and rude staff who laugh in your face. We will certainly not be returning; a great shame considering our initial thoughts were positive.

• 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
shabes, Manager at Spicy Hut Restaurant, responded to this review, April 14, 2013
Fist of all my staff is not Rude and Arrogant as their job is at risk if they are,we agree you book but when you came to restaurant you nether mention your name or said you book just said table for 2 and was seated like walk -in Dinner,as we still saving table book under your name.we do allow dinner to bring there Owen wine only if their are not using discount Voucher if you had made us aware of it in the being would have advise that to use Voucher wine can't be use,after finishing the starters you mention that you intend to use voucher.The waiter you were speaking to has very soft spoken,I was made aware of the situation and Advise him that They can still use the voucher only if they stop drinking there own wine or use the Voucher next time,You decided to buy Drink form us which you had criticize them also.In your review your self mention not advertise in restaurant or over web site that you can bring your Owen wine what that" means"? .It clearly written on the voucher not to use on special offers food only,you also had the left over packed and saying the food was disappointing.The only reason of your negative review because it all didn't go your way and criticism a little more constructive.
No Apologies or Regrets on over part but sorry for your Negativity Approach.
Greater Manchester, United Kingdom
“Good food but ok value for money”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2013

Good traditional and very tasty indian food, with a large variety of dishes on offer. Excellent customer service with a great set of staff who do their best to entertain and keep children amused, adding to a great family fun meal experience. Its not the cheapest of places on Wilmslow Rd in Rusholm as many other choices also but good food none the less.

• Visited March 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Thank you for taking time for your feed back we regularly check our price on the curry mile as being on the market over price are very competitive in volume(Portion) and quality.
Manchester, United Kingdom
“Not Imperssed At All”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 6, 2013

first time here at this restaurant but i wont return.............!!

Rusholme is looking rather sad with regards to decent restaurant these days, many of the big restaurants have gone i guess a sign of the times :-(

During my visit the restaurant was quite busy, nice clean & looked after decor with friendly attentive staff. It looked and certainly smelt the part.......things were looking good.....!!

Poppadom - 2 to a portion but were not up to scratch, kind of soft rather than crisp with chutney tray consisting of mango chutney & coleslaw which was rather sad

Starters
Onion bhaji s were obviously microwaved & very bland.
Mixed tandoori starter @ nearly £6 was very spicy but all meat was very tough / dry and not fresh tasting. Salad accompaniment was not very fresh & rather wilted

Main Courses
Chicken Tikka Massalla - very strong tomato puree style, very thick, not sweet or creamy, chicken was very dry as if it had been pre cooked.

Lamb Balti - quite tasty but again tough dry meat, very small portion of 1/3 filled serving dish.

Bryiani - very nice, lightly spiced, meat here was very moist, juicy & freshly cooked. Mild curry sauce was also very very good - this was by far the best main course

Mushroom rice was nice, shame about tinned mushrooms, so was veg rice, lot of variety of veg in there. They were very generous on the rice side dishes.

Peshwari Nan - quite small & thick, not very sweet with a strong aniseed flavour, it was ok....!!

on whole our party didnt think the food was very good here at all, which was a shame as it was looking like a real nice place as we entered. They need to look at what there serving here it needs to be prepared / cooked to order freshly, this i feel would improve things alot.

We will not return here

• Visited March 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
shabes, Manager at Spicy Hut Restaurant, responded to this review, April 7, 2013
My Apologies that we could not meet to your personal taste.we will take your opinion onbored as their is always room for improvement.