“Excellent waitress Vicky, starter and dessert! !” 4 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #201 of 1,643 restaurants in Manchester
Cuisines: International, British
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Reservations, Late Night
Description: A casual dining experience, Podium offers guest intimate booth dining, with rich banquettes and Marble Floors. The cuisine is modern international, using local produce. Great for breakfast and ideal for a business lunch, Podium is also perfect for relaxed evening meal before heading to Cloud 23 for a cocktail.
“Excellent waitress Vicky, starter and dessert! !”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 15, 2013 via mobile

Loving our valentines meal at Podium. Valentine's treat spot on. Champagne, Fantastic starter of 1* scollops and 2* lamb fritters. Slightly disappointing mains of 1*haddock and 2*beef but delicious souffle for dessert. Our lovely but not intrustive waitress Victoria made our evening with her recommendations and chatty friendly welcome and bsnter. Would recommend.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

77% Recommend
Manchester, United Kingdom
“Unexpected apathy”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 9, 2013

I attended a dinner at this restaurant with a group of work colleagues. A set menu had been ordered but I was somewhat dismayed to find the single vegetarian option was pasta in tomato sauce. When it came it resembled the basic sort of food that most people can knock up for their kids. I have been veggie for 20 years and do remember the old days when an omelette or veg pasta was the veggie option but I really thought we had left that era behind. I didn't expect such a poor effort from a 4 star hotel. I've had loads of great meals in Manchester restaurants but this wasn't one of them.

• Visited November 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
manchester
“Lovely!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 31, 2013

I took my Grandmother for her 80th Birthday and it was a lovely afternoon. The waiter introduced him self, we had a great table with a fantastic view. The coffee and tea was brought over quickley and explained how to use the tea timer for the infusion of tea! The sandwiches and cakes were brought over and the same waiter explained what we were eating (and they were amazing!) and looked very interested in my grandmothers wistfull memories.(bless) Thought it was worth every penny!

Llanymynech, United Kingdom
“Sloooooooow service”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 30, 2013

Stayed at the Hilton hotel for a weekend in January. While my SO went for a massage I headed to the bar. I had to wait over 10 minutes to be served a pint despite being only one of two people at the bar on a Friday afternoon at 16:00. Not what I would normally expect in a 4 star hotel.

Visited January 2013
Randfontein, South Africa
“Nice Buffet”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2013

This restuarant provided buffet meals for the conference I attended. The food was great, lots of choice and there was always a vegetarian dish included. The food was tasty and fresh.

Visited January 2013