“Sloooooooow service” 2 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #421 of 1,766 Restaurants in Manchester
Cuisines: International, British
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Reservations, Late Night
Description: A casual dining experience, Podium offers guest intimate booth dining, with rich banquettes and Marble Floors. The cuisine is modern international, using local produce. Great for breakfast and ideal for a business lunch, Podium is also perfect for relaxed evening meal before heading to Cloud 23 for a cocktail.
Llanymynech, United Kingdom
“Sloooooooow service”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 30, 2013

Stayed at the Hilton hotel for a weekend in January. While my SO went for a massage I headed to the bar. I had to wait over 10 minutes to be served a pint despite being only one of two people at the bar on a Friday afternoon at 16:00. Not what I would normally expect in a 4 star hotel.

Visited January 2013

Randfontein, South Africa
“Nice Buffet”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2013

This restuarant provided buffet meals for the conference I attended. The food was great, lots of choice and there was always a vegetarian dish included. The food was tasty and fresh.

Visited January 2013
Manchester, United Kingdom
“Very poor service and below average food”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 17, 2013

Went with my wife for our wedding anniversary. Both ordered the venison for mains with honey roasted root vegetables. The waiter brought the meat without the vegetables and when I questioned it he said he was sorry but it would be another 10 minutes for the veg. I said that wasn't really acceptable so he disappeared and came back and said ok 5 mins. 5 mins later he returned with boiled green veg which was quite frankly terrible. When I questioned what this was he brandished the menu at me and said it was vegetables. When I pointed out that it was not what we ordered and I would like to see the supervisor he just fetched another waiter. This waiter agreed with us that he should not have brought this veg and got the manager. The manager "kindly" offered that we did not have to pay for the veg (which there was no way I would pay for anyway). The whole experience was very disappointing so I used the Hilton website to provide feedback and despite claims that they answer correspondence within one day, 10 days has passed and I have heard nothing.

• 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
Manchester, United Kingdom
“All down to staff”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 11, 2013

We also went on a voucher deal after experienceing a similar deal a few month ago which impressed us greatly. This time it was a reversal and although it was empty apart from another couple, food and service was poor.Even though we could choose anything from the Table D'Hote menu I felt the choice was limited. We both had sea bass as a main which was well cooked but swimming in a watery jus which spoiled the dish. I opted for a dessert which the waitress or the kitchen forgot about and so when it arrived after 25 minutes I had to leave it and retrieve my car or pay another £6.00 parking.As we'd spent two hours in an empty restaurant and feeling unable to enjoy the dessert we left. I was annoyed that we were served by several waitresses, rather than one or two waiters as on our previous visit. I poured the wine since no one offered to serve it for us, which is always nice when in a restaurant of this so called quality. The hotel and setting are fine and the music was agreeable and did create some atmosphere but I felt the service was not to a level I expect of a top rated hotel chain like Hilton and doubt we'll take advantage should this deal come up again.Just shows its difficult to recommend somewhere since its all down to staff on the day.

• 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Mill town
“Luxurious Lunch”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 10, 2013

We visited The Podium midweek on a voucher deal and had a wonderful experience. Our waiter Howard was very attentive and informative and the food was exquisite. I chose the oxtail broth as a starter and it was the finest I have tasted. My good lady opted for a salmon and prawn roulade which she loved. Mains were smoked guinea fowl for me and sea bass for the missus. We enjoyed them so much so that we opted for a sweet as we were tempted by the smell of the fruit crumble being served at an adjacent table! Delightful.
Two small criticisms- the seating area is very open plan we were quite chilly whilst dining and charging £5 for a bottle of spring water is a bit steep.
That said we thoroughly enjoyed our lunch and would gladly recommend The Podium for a lunch time treat.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere