“Basic hotel but staff is VERY friendly” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Premier Inn Manchester Airport (M56/J6) Runger Lane South

You added Premier Inn Manchester Airport (M56/J6) Runger Lane South to your Saves list
Premier Inn Manchester Airport (M56/J6) Runger Lane South
Runger Lane | Wilmslow Road, Manchester M90 5DL, England   |
Hotel deals
Offers & Announcements
Book at premierinn.com
Ranked #27 of 117 Hotels in Manchester
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Brussels, Belgium
“Basic hotel but staff is VERY friendly”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 14, 2013

The hotel is not much, but worth it's money, unfortunately there is a lot of noise as there is a highway next to the hotel and a car park in front. The beds are comfortable and the room is quite spacious! What I like the most and been there now 2 times, the staff is very helpfull and friendly! good job!!

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (236)
Hartlepool
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 11, 2013

Arrived at premier inn at 5am after travelling from Morocco at 9pm the previous day. Pew were greated by a lovely man who sorted out our room keys and commented that we wouldn't get much sleep because the check out was 12, but that was better than driving a 3 hour drive home. At 9am we woke to so much banging!!!! I even had to get up too see what it was there was that much noise to find out they were laying a carpet outside our room, the noise had been them Turing the old carpet up and then hammering all the new one down! I was so annoyed. There wasn't even a phone in room to ring reception. So hD to get up and go down to complain about the noise, they told me they'd give me my money back but I would of rather had a few more hours sleep.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
WhitbreadHotels, Online Customer Service at Premier Inn Manchester Airport (M56/J6) Runger Lane South, responded to this review, October 21, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to review your stay at our hotel. It really matters to us that our guests enjoy every aspect of their stay. We sincerely apologise that on this occasion our hotel did not meet your expectations. We are however, pleased to learn that you were refunded in line with our Good Night Guarantee. Your feedback is very much appreciated as it enables us to improve standards. Please be assured that the issues raised will be fully investigated. Thank you once again for your review.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 9, 2013

Wasn't expecting much but thought we'd start our holiday off by staying overnight. The young girl on the front desk was really friendly and the whole hotel was very customer service focused. Great room- comfortable bed. Couldn't ask for more will stay again.

Leeds, UK
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 9, 2013

Booked as part of a parking package as I like the Premier Inn brand. The room we had looked tired and the carpet was filthy - crumbs from previous occupants and a thick layer of dust on the carpets around all the skirting boards.

All the rest was as I expect from a Premier Inn. However, this sadly includes the (young female) receptionist addressing my husband despite me making the booking, the booking being in my name and it was me going to the desk and speaking about my booking. This really annoys me and it's not the first time it's happened at a Premier Inn.

Nothing to stop me using again though as the location and offering is great, just this time it was not up to its usual standards.

Room Tip: The 5th floor room we had, had a filthy carpet.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
Kirkcaldy, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 6, 2013

We were in Manchester to join the protest against the Tories destroying the NHS. We drove down from Scotland, so we didn't need to fly from the airport. However, the shuttle bus from the hotel takes you straight to the railway station at the airport, from where there are numerous trains to the city centre. Having said that, once we got into Manchester, we realised that you can park for something like £3.95 a day, so bear that in mind
£5 overnight parking charge for hotel carpark.
Anyway, overall, the hotel looks modern, clean and inviting. Staff helpful and professional.
Large, spacious room. Sink in the room was quirky: my beautiful wife didn't like it, although I found it handy to fill kettle while she was in shower.
Bathroom was a standard tiny add-on module. The lock for the bathroom had fallen off or been taken off at some point and never replaced.
We went out for the evening and came back, intending to have a nightcap at the hotel bar, only to find people queuing to have a drink!
Do head to the local pub to eat and drink. Walk out of the hotel, to main road and turn left, along pavement parallel to main road. After 5-10 mins, turn left again and you will find the pub up a lane. Great food, choice of beers, very friendly.

Liverpool, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 6, 2013

We stayed at this hotel to dodge the traffic for our mid-morning flight the following day. There was a minor issue when we arrived, but we were wowed by the helpful and efficient way it was handled by the two young women on reception. The rooms were spotless and had obviously undergone a recent renovation. The bed was extremely comfortable and the towels would not have been out of place in a high-end hotel.

The quality of the breakfast room and also the food served was superb and again would not have been out of place in a more expensive establishment. I am almost reticent to write this review, as I don't want this place to become too popular!! I have already booked to go back there in November and would not hesitate to recommend it very highly indeed. It belies its status as a budget hotel, yet provides superb value for money.

Room Tip: I doubt that there is a bad room in the place, but we had one on the ground floor well away from the...
Llandysul, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 6, 2013

We arrived after midnight after flying in from Italy. We bought drinks form the machine in reception. Booking in was fast and easy (I had pre-paid) but we had difficulty getting into Room 128 because of the very stiff door. The room was very big with 2 large double beds in it, and a very nice shower and a wash basin OUTSIDE the bathroom. LCD TV very small, however.
I did not pay at parking fee; it said on the machine that the first 24 hours are free.
We had a comfortable night, and a very good breakfast next morning, which was available until 10.30am. Staff were all competent and friendly.
We had a room at the back of the hotel ... which abuts the motorway ... the traffic noise was very bad, and I was obliged to close the window.
As we were leaving I realised that Runger Lane NORTH is a little closer to the airport, but further away from the motorway. note to self: book NORTH next time.
Brilliant value for money, and we were well rested for the rest of our return journey next day.
My granddaughter said "I love the Premier Inn".

Room Tip: If the motorway noise will be a problem for you ask for a room at the front of this Premier Inn, or...
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled with family

Been to Premier Inn Manchester Airport (M56/J6) Runger Lane South? Share your experiences!