“Perfect Location, Good Value” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Crowne Plaza Manchester City Centre

You added Crowne Plaza Manchester City Centre to your Saves list
Crowne Plaza Manchester City Centre
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   70 Shudehill, Manchester M4 4AF, England (Formerly Crowne Plaza Hotel Manchester City Centre)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save 10-30%
Ranked #15 of 117 Hotels in Manchester
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Aberdeen, United Kingdom
“Perfect Location, Good Value”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 27, 2010

Stayed here for 1 night at end of May. We booked a standard room and was good value for money.

The location was perfect. We took the train to Manchester Victoria and took about 5 mins walk to get there. It was also perfect location for the MEN Arena, we walked there also and took about 10 mins.

The room was well equipped for a basic room. Nicely decorated and very clean.

We never ate any meals in the hotel and just had one drink. Place looked nice enough though.

Not sure if the hotel has any spa or fitness equipment as it was just a flying visit so we didnt really have time to have a look around.

Cant comment whether they have a car park or not.

The hotel is near to the shops and local supermarkets.

I would stay here again if I visited Manchester.

• Stayed May 2010, traveled as a couple
RobinFord70, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Manchester City Centre, responded to this review, June 15, 2010
Thank you for your recent review, i will ensure your comments are circulated accordingly to all of our team here at Crowne Plaza Manchester City Centre.

robin.ford@cpmanchester.com

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (329)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
  • Korean first
washington, dc
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 6, 2010

Spent one night in the Crown Plaza Manchester. We had an executive level/club level room which brought club access with it; the club/lounge is very nice when compared to similar lounges at other hotels, with plenty of seating and a nice selection of amenities (free wine and cappuccino, hot appetizers, etc) once they get into cocktail hour. Well worth the extra expense. We spent the better part of an afternoon socializing in there!

The room itself was very nice and absolutely spotless, a little small but not too bad by UK standards. Hardly any hallway noise transferred into the room. Very comfortable bed with nice, crisp linens and a lovely warm duvet. Everything smelled fresh and clean. My only negative would be the shower, which is extremely small, like taking a shower in a phone booth. There is also a deep soaking tub in the bathroom but I did not have a chance to try it; it did look quite small, though. Trying to fit too many things in the bathroom, I guess.

Morning breakfast buffet is not worth the price-- nothing wrong with it, just buffet in general. There was a selection of meats (streaky bacon, sausage, etc) which just don't hold well on a steam table/chafing dish, and scrambled eggs which likewise are better when fresh. Ample selection of fresh fruits and breads but service almost nonexistent. Save some money and go next door to the coffee shop for an egg sandwich on muffin which is very tasty and a third of the price.

Also be prepared for your room to be a little late getting ready; they seem to attract a lot of partiers in the hotel and as we checked in, the desk agent was calling various rooms, waking people up and letting them know it was 90 minutes past check-out time.

• Stayed April 2010, traveled as a couple
Thank you for your recent review on www.tripadvisor.com, we greatly appreciate you taking the time to alert others of your experience although on this occasion it seems we did not fully satisfy your requirements.

Ordinarily our breakfast buffet is served in the top portion of our restaurant, due to a large residential conference the week you were resident for the added convenience of our guests we set-up an additional buffet area (as you have highlighted in your review) at the bottom of the restaurant and operated a large buffet station to aid the speed and efficiently.

Regrettably it seems you were not satisfied with this but I would like to add this is an isolated incident and not the norm.

It is our goal to consistently provide superior service and accommodation and your comments are very important to us. The feedback we receive from our valued guests, like you, enables us to target problem areas and take the necessary actions (we we have from your review) to ensure similar situations can be avoided in the future,

If you would like to discuss any part of your experience further I welcome the opportunity to discuss with you personally, please do not hesitate to contact me on my details below.

London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 5, 2010

I stay at this hotel regularly as do members of my team as we get a consistently good level of service and support from the hotel. The rooms are in pretty good condition, the staff are excellent, friendly and helpful and the hotel is well located. The biggest problem is often getting a room and the hotel often help out when we are struggling with this. This only really reflects the hotels popularity. I would recommend this hotel and will continue to stay here. My only complaint is that the in-room internet is now chargeable and this is a detrimental change as 3G signal in the hotel isnt brilliant due to its construction.

• Stayed April 2010, traveled on business
Thank you for your recent comments regarding Crowne Plaza Manchester City Centre, we appreciate you taking the time to make people aware of experience during your many various stays.

If you would like to discuss any part of your experiences further I welcome the opportunity to discuss with you personally, please do not hesitate to contact me on my details below.

Cleethorpes, England
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 2, 2010

Stayed at the Crowne Plaza Manchester City Centre with friends, as we were seeing Peter Kay. Arrived at 3.30 (check in from 2.00) to be told that rooms weren't ready and they didn't know when they would be! Went for a drink in the nearby Printworks complex and returned at 4 - still not ready!! After a bit of persuading 1 room miraculously became free and at 4.30 we managed to wrangle our 2nd room. People were checking in at 5 and were still having to wait for rooms. Apparently the hotel was fully booked the night before, probably due to Peter Kay residency at the MEN - hint to management get more room cleaners in. No sign of management offering anything to compensate for delays, like a drink on the house.

Once we got to the room it was very stylish and trendy. Bed was very comfortable.
Best - Beds
Worst - Check in

If you're staying here to see PK don't bother turning up too early!!!

• Stayed May 2010, traveled with friends
Thank you for your recent review, I appreciate you taking the time to alert others of your experience although on this occasion we did not meet or exceed your expectations.

Regrettably we did encounter some problems on the weekend due to late departures from guests the night prior, this was an isolated incident and the arrival and check-in process is normal seamless and second to none at the hotel. I also note your comments around “managerial” presence on the day; I will follow this up with my departmental managers as there are dedicated managers that are present every weekend including a member of our senior management team.

I hope this does not put you off choosing to stay in future and should you wish to discuss any part of your experience further I welcome the opportunity to discuss personally, please do not hesitate to contact me on my details below.

Usak, Turkey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 2, 2010

Stayed there for 4 nights and cannot fault this hotel. From the check in staff to the housekeeping-- just immaculate. The gentlemen at the concierge were the best I' ve ever come accross and I am in the hotel business so I know what I am talking about.
We were stranded because of the airport closure so had to stay two more nights. The concirege helped me all along updating me regularly on the status of the flights. They even assisted me in calling the airport several times. They went out of their way to make sure we were at ease and comfortable.
The ladies at the reception were always attentive, They always smiled, nicely dressed in their well fittinging suits and prompt when I asked for an extension of stay and very accomodating when I requested a late check out on the final day.
I had drinks in their restaurant and they were cold and servers very attentive
The rooms are very comfy and the beds and pillows are the best. They are by no means huge but very warm and comfy. The lighting was soft but ample.
The location is also very good and just a few minutes walk to many great Restaurants and Picaddily .
my family and me will be back.

• Stayed April 2010, traveled with family
Thank you for taking the time to complete a review following your recent stay at Crowne Plaza Manchester City Centre, i will ensure your comments are circulated accordingly to all of our team here at the hotel.

barrow in furness
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 1, 2010

would like to say its one of the best hotels i have stayed in, in manchester will go back again ,close to everywhere esp the m.e.n , tidy ,gud size room upgraded to club lounge well worth in for an extra 40 pound for both which included breakfast ,complimentary drinks 6-8pm and soft drinks and coffee all day , and very nice staff both at reception and restaurant looking for deals to go back !!! lol from rachel shields

• Stayed April 2010, traveled as a couple
Dear Rachel,

Thank you for taking the time to complete a review following your recent stay at Crowne Plaza Manchester City Centre - I have shared your comments with all departments including the Restaurant & Reception.

Once again, thank you for your comments and we hope we can welcome you back very soon.

Best Regards,

South Wales
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 29, 2010

My partner and I stayed at the Crowne and we were really happy. The lobby was very clean and made us feel very relaxed checking in. We got to our room and we were very very happy the room was pretty new and the furnishings were so chic we really felt comfortable and knew we would have a relaxing time in the room. The bar staff were fun and friendly and breakfast was extremely fresh and plenty of options.

The location was fabulous really close to shops, bars etc. walking distance 5-10 mins downhill. Overall a great choice of hotel and would stay there again.

• Stayed February 2010, traveled as a couple
Thank you for taking the time to complete a review following your recent stay at Crowne Plaza Manchester City Centre, it’s so rewarding to read comments from guests who have had a great stay and wish to share their opinion – I have shared your comments with all departments (especially the bar!)

Best Regards,

robin.ford@cpmanchester.com

Been to Crowne Plaza Manchester City Centre? Share your experiences!