“Good Hotel” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Crowne Plaza Manchester City Centre

You added Crowne Plaza Manchester City Centre to your Saves list
Crowne Plaza Manchester City Centre
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   70 Shudehill, Manchester M4 4AF, England (Formerly Crowne Plaza Hotel Manchester City Centre)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save 10-30%
Ranked #15 of 117 Hotels in Manchester
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Johannesburg, South Africa
“Good Hotel”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 31, 2013

Stayed here for 4 nights in December. Had two rooms, side by side. One was a Twin which was huge and very comfortable. The other was a King which was a bit tight. Both rooms were executive and had lounge access. The bedrooms in general are very modern with floor to cieling windows and were very comfortable with all the amenities working very well. The bathrooms, although modern, have rather tiny shower cubicles. The service and staff efficiency from reception, concierge, breakfast dining etc were all exceptional! No request was unanswered. The drawbacks I found were housekeeping as I stayed for four nights and didn't have a new bar of soap on any night. Every morning, on the way out I would pass one of the service trolleys and ask them for a bar of soap. Quite surprised at this as a little notice in the bathroom reads "it's the small things that make a big difference". Also I found the lounge quite full and ended up going for a cup of tea out of the busy hours. The location of the hotel is not bad. Lots of shopping and restaurants close by. Overall a lovely experience with great compliment of staff. Will certainly visit again soon.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
CrownePlazaManCity, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Manchester City Centre, responded to this review, January 3, 2014
Dear Guest,
Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay at the Crowne Plaza Manchester City Centre. I am pleased to read that your overall experience was good despite the little issues you have encountered during your stay.
I am sorry to hear that you had to ask for soap every day but rest assured that your comments will certainly be passed on to the relevant departments and will be shared with the management.

Also, I will certainly share your review with the staff here at the Crowne Plaza, they are the heart of the hotel and take pride in what they do.

Thank you again.

Bob Fairweather

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (329)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
  • Korean first
London, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 31, 2013

I used to stay here once every other month until a recent stay in October of this year. I went out to a dinner at 6pm whilst charging my I pad. My key card was with me all the time and when I returned to the room my I pad was missing. It was 1am so I spoke to the night manager and we agreed we would see head of guest relations the following morning. Which I did and my key card was taken away to be checked! It hadn't been used while I was out! Of course it hadn't, It was in my wallet!! all evening. No CCTV in the corridors! So it was my word against theirs! Why would I lie about an I pad being stolen! After an hour of discussions which lead to nothing I checked out and was charged for the ONE beer I had had in the hotel bar! I work in the travel industry and will not use this hotel again. IHG sort your Customer service out. Rant over and still minus my I pad.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for your review following your recent stay at the hotel, I have read your allegations regarding the unfortunate loss of an IPad. Whilst it is regrettable that this has been lost we cannot accept any liability for the Ipad. When you reported this going missing to our manager on duty, she did everything possible to help you. We conducted an electronic lock read of your bedroom door to determine if anyone had accessed your room. The lock read showed that the only card used to access the room was your room key card. The Guest Relations Manager on duty also offered to assist you in reporting the incident to the police which you declined to do so. Furthermore we do provide an in room safe for any valuables.
I would like to assure you we take a lot of care and attention for the safety and security of our guests as well as their belongings and I am sorry that your Ipad has been lost. We will be happy to assist the police in any way in their investigations should you wish to report this to them.

Regards
England
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 31, 2013 via mobile

The crowne plaza manchester city centre is a really nice hotel.
It has a really nice modern interior typical of American hotel chains.
Reception is large and has plenty of sitting space for anyone waiting to check in or for simply spending some time relaxing.
The rooms are very tastefully decorated to a good standard with all of the amenities you would expect in a hotel of this standard.
We had plenty of room with a baby in two but found it difficult getting in and out if the room with a pram/pushchair as the doors don't have a hook or stopper to hold them fully open.
The bathroom was spotlessly clean and had a separate shower and bath with complimentary shower gel and soaps as usual.
We had two rooms with an adjoining door which was perfect for our needs and even with the door open we had plenty of room to move about our rooms.
We had dinner and breakfast in the restaurant which was nice but lacked the atmosphere that a city restaurant has (we find this with most hotels) it just seemed a little formal especially for families wanting to have a meal with kids.
The food was beautiful and we picked from the festive menu which included a glass of not so nice wine.
Breakfast was really nice and you can order certain items such as poached eggs and eggs Benedict.
You get a really good selection of hot and cold foods with all if the cereals, fruits, cooked foods and pastries you would expect to see in a good hotel.
We found the car parking a bit of an issue and it's a bit of a walk between the NCP over the road. Crossing the road to the hotel is a bit of a nightmare as it is really busy and the pedestrian crossing is the opposite end of the hotel and car park.
The hotel states that they offer valet parking but I could not find anywhere to park my car unppin order for them to park it for me so we had to use the multistory over the road and then car talk of our bags and two prams from the car.
Overall a really nice hotel but I wouldn't use it again with young children due to the access issues.

Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
Dear Pbeck86,

Thank you for all of your comments and constructive feedback, it really helps us to maintain our standards and focus on areas that we need to improve.
I am happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay and saddened to learn that you were inconvenienced by having to reach the hotel with your baggage and prams from the NCP car park.

I am pleased to advise that in addition to valet parking which we offer at £18 per 24hours, we also co-operate with an open air car park directly opposite the hotel which costs £9.50 for 24 hours parking.

If there is anything else that we can do for you, please email us at guest.relations@cpmanchester.com and our guest relations department will be more than happy to assist.

I look forward to seeing you here again soon.

Kind regards,

Wrexham Wales
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 30, 2013

We stayed here for on night when we visited Manchester to see a show at the Palace Theatre. The hotel is .modern the rooms spacious,clean and well appointed. We had a mean in the restaurant,which was more than adequate and served quickly as we had only a short time before we were due at the theatre. Recommended.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with friends
Thank you for sharing your very kind feedback. I am pleased you enjoyed your stay and were able to indulge in a meal in our restaurant. Your kind comments have been shared with the team. I hope we have the opportunity to welcome you back again soon.

Kind Regards
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 30, 2013 via mobile

The hotel is very nice and modern The room we had was excellent But we were upgraded to a suite I did think the The Clubrooms were on the small side It's a great hotel we really enjoyed our stay for Me personally I just don't like where the hotel is situated.

• Stayed December 2013
Thank you for sharing your comments following your recent visit to the hotel. I am delighted you enjoyed your stay and you were able to enjoy the upgraded suite. However I am sorry you feel that the hotel' s location is not to your liking as we are only three minutes walk from the shopping area and five minutes walk from the Manchester Arena. The hotel is also on the same street as the transport interchange for buses and the Metrolink. Thank you once again for visiting the hotel and hope we can welcome you back again soon.

Kind regards
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 29, 2013 via mobile

Nice bit of posh for not a lot of dosh,although mini bar and xtras are a bit pricey,staff very Helpfull and always nice to be called sir,bar nice and room lovely,dble bed and very comfortable +sky sports and xtra channels on tv which is quite rare

• Stayed December 2013
CrownePlazaManCity, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Manchester City Centre, responded to this review, December 30, 2013
Dear Mark E,
on behalf of all the team here at the Crowne Plaza Manchester City Centre I would like to thank you for your feedback.
We pride ourselves on the comfortable beds, our helpful staff and nice bar so hopefully you'll be tempted back soon.
Kind Regards
Bury, England, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 28, 2013

Booked this hotel as a treat for the whole family over Christmas, so we could do the sales and also have a night out in the city. Great location for both, easy walk to the shops and lots of restaurants and bars. We had booked to eat the other side of town but there was no problem getting a taxi at reception, they were very helpful. If I had a complaint it would be that at checking in there was no mention of where to park the car, even though it seems they have discount rates at some car parks. Next time I will ask. The hotel itself was lovely, very clean, the rooms spacious with all facilities expected and very little noise from the road below. The beds were really comfy and the bathroom excellent with its separate shower. Since my last stay they have also added starbucks coffee in the bar which is another plus. I would choose this hotel again next time we are in town

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
CrownePlazaManCity, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Manchester City Centre, responded to this review, December 29, 2013
Dear Joanna C,

We very much appreciate you taking the time to complete your comments on www.tripadvisor.com, It helps us enormously to maintain our high standards.
I am very happy to hear that the whole family enjoyed the treat and the Christmas shopping.

We look forward to welcoming you back to the Crowne Plaza Manchester City Centre the next time your travel plans permit.

Best Regards,

Bob Fairweather,

Been to Crowne Plaza Manchester City Centre? Share your experiences!