“Never disappoints” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Crowne Plaza Manchester City Centre

You added Crowne Plaza Manchester City Centre to your Saves list
Crowne Plaza Manchester City Centre
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   70 Shudehill, Manchester M4 4AF, England (Formerly Crowne Plaza Hotel Manchester City Centre)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save 10-30%
Ranked #15 of 117 Hotels in Manchester
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Sydney, New South Wales, Australia
“Never disappoints”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 21, 2013

My partner have stayed at the City Centre hotel before and were looking forward to another night there! Having just stepped off a 36 hour flight from Sydney and spending 5 and a half months away from my partner, I was very much looking forward to relaxing on the king size bed and watching the world go by through the floor to ceiling windows.
Staff on the front desk were welcoming and quick to get us processed. We were allocated the room we had stayed in previously and were really looking forward to drinks and canapés in the Executive lounge.
We had a quick breakfast the next morning in the exec lounge again before heading off on a train to London from Piccadilly.
The one and only thing I can fault is the drain in the shower in our room (I believe we were in 803). It was fairly clogged and I seem to remember it being a little clogged the time we stayed previous to this (march). However, this is easily rectified and does not take away from the fabulous service they offer.

I encourage everyone to sample Crowne Plaza's fabulous hotel in the centre of Manchester!

Room Tip: Get a room with access to the Executive Lounge!
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
CrownePlazaManCity, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Manchester City Centre, responded to this review, October 24, 2013
Dear Erin W,

We very much appreciate you taking the time to complete your comments on www.tripadvisor.com. I am pleased that you had a great stay with us and that you were able to enjoy drinks in our Club Lounge.

We hope to see you soon at the Crowne Plaza Manchester City Centre again.

Best Regards,

Bobn Fairweather

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (329)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
  • Korean first
shropshire, england
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 20, 2013

We have stayed at the Crowne Plaza in Manchester before as it's a great location for us. We are usually going to the MEN Arena and/or shopping so it's the perfect spot. This time mt boyfriend booked a king room and that included drinks in the club lounge plus breakfast. The king rooms are on the top floor with a private club lounge, However, the room was quite small compared to our previous stay. I think we had stayed in a queen room before and that was much bigger with separate living area with a sofa, table etc. Also, the 'free drinks' available to us in the club lounge were only available between 6pm and 8pm. It's a bit pointless booking that when we were going to the MEN to see Jay-z so obviously we wouldn't do that again.Our own fault really but I'm sure the Crowne Plaza know that most people won't be staying in of an evening! The actual hotel and room was really clean and tidy, no complaints about that. Towels and toiletries were given, only complain was that the shower was tiny. I'm only 5ft and 8st5lbs and I was bashing my arm against the side of the shower. If I stay here again, I would definitely book a queen room, much more spacious. The staff at reception were pleasant, a little robotic but helpful. The location is what makes this a popular hotel.

Room Tip: Book a Queen Room.,
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
CrownePlazaManCity, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Manchester City Centre, responded to this review, October 21, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for all of your comments and constructive feedback on your latest experience at the Crowne Plaza Manchester.

I am sorry to hear that you didn't enjoy the option of the Club room and the use of the Club Lounge available specifically for guests booking those rooms.
On another note, I am sure we will welcome you at the hotel very soon.

Looking forward to see you soon at the Crowne Plaza Manchester City Centre.

Kindest Regards,

Scotland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 20, 2013

This is a first rate hotel which provides a friendly welcome and comfortable accommodation. Having walked over from Piccadilly station on a wet evening I discovered that I had been allocated a large modern styled room (412) on the 4th floor. As a first time guest I have nothing to compare but first impressions were good and the room felt warm and welcoming on such a dismal evening. Positives for me were the separate shower stall as well as a bath tub, plenty of electrical sockets to charge phones, iPad etc, comfortable easy chair with footstool and the large bed. Decoration was fresh and room and bed linen spotless. In spite of looking down on a main road there was no noticeable traffic noise and with such a comfortable bed the two nights I spent there were restful and relaxing.

Did not eat in the evening within the hotel but you are walking distance from the Chinatown district and / or a full range of city centre restaurants. Breakfast was good, staff again friendly and efficient choice not dissimilar to other Crowne Plaza establishments I have utilised in other words a selection of standard hot or cold options. I discovered that you pay £11 for breakfast if you enquire for a voucher at reception the night before or £15 on turning up at the restaurant in the morning, this was only explained when I checked if my rate included breakfast. I'm not sure why there is this two tier charging structure.

Overall happy to award an excellent overall rating - a positive experience.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to comment on your recent stay at the hotel, we greatly appreciate your feedback.

Kindest Regards

Chorley, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 19, 2013

went for a course. warm friendly welcome and only a short taxi ride from victoria station. comfortable beds nice shower and very clean. breakfast very nice wth good selection of hot and cold food fresh juice and plenty of tea or coffee and staff very friendly

• Stayed October 2013, traveled solo
CrownePlazaManCity, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Manchester City Centre, responded to this review, October 20, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to comment on your recent stay at the hotel, we greatly appreciate your feedback as it helps us to maintain our standards. I am pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay and look forward to welcoming you back to the Crowne Plaza Manchester City Centre in the future.

4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 15, 2013

Stayed in the club room level floor 7.. then on level floor 8 Which gives you private complimentary room to have breakfast.. Nibbles and alcoholic drinks tea or coffee... During the day.. We went for breakfast 8.30-10.30 weekends and drinks evening 6-8pm.. Very relaxing.. Nice staff... The bar down stairs nice and airy ... Only 2 min walk to Arndale centre and few more min to Selfridges and Harvey Nichols... A good girly weekend.. Defo stay again.

Room Tip: Up grade to get free lounge access well worth it.
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends
Thank you for sharing your very kind feedback and completing this review.

I do hope to welcome you back to the hotel when you visit Manchester in the future.

york
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 15, 2013

This hotel is in a great location for the Phones 4U Arena as well as the Arnedale Shopping Centre, yet is quiet.
There is a car park directly opposite which charges reasonable rates.
The reception staff were very good and helpful throughout our one night stay.
Being Platinum members we were upgraded to the Club floor which is well worth trying out.
The room was absolutely spotless and the bathroom was one of the best we have seen in any hotel throughout the UK.
We made use of the Club Room which was very well staffed.
The only downside, which was a major one really was that our bed mattress was SO soft my back really ached the folllowing day - this is something the hotel needs to rectify.
But, overall we would recommend this accomodation

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you for taking the time to post your comments onto the tripadvisor website following your recent stay at the Crowne Plaza Manchester. I was delighted to read of your positive comments about your stay especially around the excellent service that you received at the hotel. With regards to the bed mattress we do received a lot of great compliments on our comfortable beds so I am sorry that they were not to your liking.

I appreciate you sharing your comments and these will be passed on to the team.
I hope that you can visit us again soon.

Leamington Spa, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 15, 2013

Myself and 4 friends stayed this weekend and the service & quality was outstanding. The deluxe club rooms were spacious and the included access to the club lounge was better than expected, the happy with complimentary canapés and alcoholic drinks was an added bonus. Only thing I would change is more staff in the lounge during this busy time as the young lady on duty was run off her feet however she still did a great job.

Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends
Thank you for sharing your very kind feedback and completing this review.
We very much appreciate you taking the time to complete your comments on www.tripadvisor.com. I am delighted that you had a great stay with us and that you were able to make use of the facilities in the club lounge. Thank you for your comments and constructive feedback. These will be shared with the team and reviewed.

I hope to welcome you again very soon.
Bob Fairweather

Been to Crowne Plaza Manchester City Centre? Share your experiences!