“excellent stay” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Crowne Plaza Manchester City Centre

Save Saved
You added Crowne Plaza Manchester City Centre to your Saves list
Crowne Plaza Manchester City Centre
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   70 Shudehill, Manchester M4 4AF, England (Formerly Crowne Plaza Hotel Manchester City Centre)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save on Hotel Packages!
Ranked #14 of 117 hotels in Manchester
london
“excellent stay”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 28, 2012

I will recommend this hotel to anyone looking for a modern hotel in the city. We had a really pleasant stay with our 2 kids aged 4 & 6. We were allowed to check in at 8 in the morning as we arrived from holiday and we were to tired to travel back home. Costumer service very good. Will recommend it to anyone.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
CrownePlazaManCity, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Manchester City Centre, responded to this review, January 5, 2013
Thank you very much for your recommendation. I am really pleased to read that you enjoyed your stay.

Hope you can come visit us again very soon.

1,339 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (251)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
  • Korean first
Manchester, United Kingdom
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 27, 2012

In manchester for a Christmas lunch so decided to make a full night of it and stay at the Crowne plaza and to be perfectly honest I wish I had not bothered. Was awoken by loud music vibrating through our room 218 at around 2330 hrs , initially I thought it was coming from a bar or club behind the hotel but turned out to be a function in the hotel itself. Music did not cease until after 0100 , could not get back to sleep , could not even make a coffee due to no facility to do so in room, the worst nights sleep I have had in a long time in a hotel , no shower gel in the bathroom when I went to get a shower before breakfast and a constant battle to get your coffee cup filled up at breakfast. For the extortionate price that I paid for the room , it was certainly not value for money and I will return to the hotel chain that my company uses for our business travel in future , which has everything you need in a room , is at least half the price and guarantees you a good nights sleep or your money back. 2weeks later my complaint has still not been resolved

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Thank you for sharing your comments regarding your recent experience at the hotel. I am concerned to read your review regarding the noise and I am very sorry that you did not have a positive visit. I understand that our Operations Manager has been in contact with you since and has compensated you accordingly.

I do appreciate that you have alternative preferences within the city, however I do hope that we can welcome you back to the hotel when you next visit the city.

blackpool
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 27, 2012

This hotel is in an excellent location for the MEN, Printworks and Manchester Triangle. We three ladies, on arrival, found the reception area to be very slow and we had booked 2 rooms and only one of them was ready. This was not a problem as we were able to use this until the other room was ready. It did take rather a long wait and a few telephone calls to actually get into the other room! My word the wait was worth it though! The rooms are stunning, we had booked a twin room and expected single beds but instead found 2 double beds we were over the moon. We had a large bathroom complete with bath and shower it was heaven. We were booked in for breakfast and found this to be rather disorganised. The food was not so good and the service was a little chaotic - waiter service for tea and coffee. Considering the standard of the rooms we did expect something better than weak tea and cheap coffee. Having stayed at the Holiday Inn Express recently was a little spoilt as they do have a proper coffee machine from which you can help yourself. Overall though, I would definitel stay in the hotel again and would recommend.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with friends
Thank you for sharing your feedback of your recent experience. We strive to ensure every guest has a wonderful experience here and appreciate being made aware when they don't. I apologise for the delay that you had for one of your rooms however I was delighted to read that you liked the design of our standard rooms. Your comments have been forwarded to the team and measures are in place to improve on areas that have been indicated.

I do hope that you can come visit us again soon.

Scotland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 26, 2012 via mobile

I've stayed here twice and found:
- rooms to be of an excellent quality
- gym is tiny but enough for the regular business guests, I assume
- location couldn't possibly be better
- Reception staff are so friendly and helpful
- Breakfast service a shambles. I told them on check in that I would have breakfast but was told in the morning that I wasnt on the list by a grumpy waitress but I would be squeezed in. Seated right next to the buffet station even though more than half of the restaurant was empty. It was like a zoo. Had to ask someone for coffee after waiting for over five minutes for service. Food was dry.
- Restaurant at night had very little atmosphere which may be because it's so huge. Dinner menu was keenly priced however.

• Stayed October 2012
Thank you for all of your comments and constructive feedback, it really helps us to maintain our standards and focus on areas that we need to improve. I am very sorry for the issues that you encountered during breakfast, please rest assured that measures have been put in place already to ensure guests have a breakfast experience that they'd expect and we welcome the opportunity to show how this has been improved.

I'd ask kindly if you could contact one of my Guest Relations Managers via email at guest.relations@cpmanchester.com so that they can speak to you personally to welcome you back again.

Derbyshire, england
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 26, 2012

We stayed overnight in this hotel on the 22nd December 2012. My husband had booked us a family deluxe club room, with access to the club lounge. The room itself was spacious and consisted of 2 double beds, a desk area and a chaise lounge. The bathroom, though small, was tastefully decorated and consisted of both shower and bath. In the cupboard next to the bathroom was tea and coffee making facilities and biscuits and we also had 2 bottles of water (one still and one fizzy) left on a bedside table. The Club lounge was great and we enjoyed nespresso coffees while my daughter had fresh orange juice. At 6pm some alcoholic beverages were served inc red and white wine and some beers, a selection of canapés were left out and replenished for people to help themselves to. My 9 year old daughter was allowed both in the club room and in the hotel bar (when we had returned from our evening out). The only criticism I have for this hotel is that breakfast seemed a bit chaotic with staff appearing to be very busy but not having responsibility for any one thing. After 10 mins I had to ask for coffee (even though a waiter and waitress both passed our table on the way to other customers with tea and coffee pots) and when my husband asked for a poached egg for my daughter the chef said a waitress would bring it to us when it was ready but then disappeared into the kitchen without taking details of where were sat. 15 mins later my husband had to ask a waitress for said egg. However this small detail did not spoil our stay. Check in and out was fast and easy and Room Service punctual. We will definitely stay here when in Manchester again.

Room Tip: We were on the 7 floor - and had a very quiet room!
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Thank you for all of your very kind comments and constructive feedback which we appreciate. I am sorry about the delay you had in the restaurant for breakfast. Your comments enable us to review and act on areas that we need to improve on. I was ddelighted that you still had an enjoyable stay here.

Hope you can come visit us again soon.

stockport england
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 24, 2012

we stayed for one night for a birthday treat in a king bed deluxe club room which I had booked and paid for in advance and cost £119 including continental breakfast and access to club lounge with free drinks between certain hours. I think it was fantastic value for money for the level of luxury provided.
check in efficient and friendly. Our room was on the 5th floor with great views out over the city. We stay in hotels quite often and its the little details that made this room extra good. stylish decor. very quiet. very comfortable bed with crisp white sheets. lots of mirrors for getting ready in. an illuminated shaving mirror in the bathroom which was also great for putting make up on in. different lighting levels including bed reading lights on metal arms that could be bent to shine on what you are reading. a bath and a shower and lots of towels and bathrobes and slippers to use. yummy ginger biscuits on the tea tray. a great room for a couples night away and we felt like it was a real treat.
breakfast was set out in the club lounge on the 8th floor. again - great views. good choice of things and of a good quality.
located centrally for shopping and if you want to eat out there are some EXCELLENT restaurants, tea shops etc in the northern quarter which it is right next to. (I have reviewed quite a few of these as it's my favourite part of Manchester to eat in and we ate out for dinner at the 63 degrees which i have written about also)

Room Tip: choose a club room for the quality and great value
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay at the Crowne Plaza Manchester City Centre. I am pleased to read that you enjoyed your experience at the hotel and hope to welcome you back soon.
Kind Regards,

Liverpool
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 23, 2012

Location is spot on, right by the Arndale Centre. Service and food are excellent. I was surprised that they do not have onsite parking although there is a valet parking scheme at £16. No pool, which is again a surprise. Stayed in a junior suite, good facilities but I thought the bedroom was a little small. The bed filled the room and could only get access from one side of the bed. Bathroom had a separate shower, a little small as was the bath.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with friends
We very much appreciate you taking the time to complete your comments on www.tripadvisor.com, It helps us enormously to maintain our standards. Thank you for all of your comments and constructive feedback. Your comments have been taken on board and measures are in place to improve our products and services that we offer to our guests.

I hope to welcome you back again very soon.

Bob Fairweather

Been to Crowne Plaza Manchester City Centre? Share your experiences!