“Excellent value” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Crowne Plaza Manchester City Centre

You added Crowne Plaza Manchester City Centre to your Saves list
Crowne Plaza Manchester City Centre
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   70 Shudehill, Manchester M4 4AF, England (Formerly Crowne Plaza Hotel Manchester City Centre)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save on Hotel Packages!
Ranked #14 of 117 Hotels in Manchester
Dorchester, United Kingdom
“Excellent value”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 12, 2012

I have found lately that I start looking for business hotels by checking where the nearest Crowne Plaza is : the reason being that I've not yet come across a bad experience at one. This is a good example of CPs format. This property appears fairly newly built and my (standard) room was nicely fitted, with all the usual facilities in good condition, plus a decently sized bathroom with separate bath and shower. The room was very clean, the staff very friendly and efficient. The room rate deal was very competitive and IMO, good value. Plenty of NCP secure parking close by.

Downsides? Few: the hotel is not quite in the centre of town, but all the central facilities are close by and a fairly easy walk. The immediate vicinity is not exactly picturesque, but that was not a problem from my POV.

Would I stay there again? Certainly

• Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
CrownePlazaManCity, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Manchester City Centre, responded to this review, June 13, 2012
We very much appreciate you taking the time to complete your comments on www.tripadvisor.com, It helps us enormously to maintain our standards. Thank you for your of your feedback.

I am pleased that the Crowne Plaza Manchester City Centre lived up to the high standards you have come to expect of the Crowne Plaza brand.

I hope to welcome you back to this hotel soon.

Bob Fairweather

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (292)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
  • Korean first
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 11, 2012 via mobile

Stay here 3rd-5th june location for us was excellant app 5mins from centre hotel and rooms were one of the best we have stayed in to date. Top marks though have to go to all the staff who were VERY helpful especially Madeleine the guest relations manager at front of house who gave us priceless information(and a map) we would defo return!!!!

• Stayed June 2012

I was delighted to read of your positive comments about your stay especially around the excellent service that you received whilst at the Hotel. Please be assured that all comments we receive at the Hotel are shared with the team,

Birmingham, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 11, 2012

my wife and I stayed at the Crowne Plaza on Sunday 10th June as we visited Manchester to watch Coldplay at the Etihad Stadium. It is a brilliant modern hotel. We drove from Birmingham and there is a pay and display car park opposite the hotel and it cost us £10 for 24 hours. We were given room 710 on the 7th (of 8 floors) and even though it was a standard room, it was one of the best rooms we have stayed in. A very good size room, comfy bed and the bathroom had a tub and a separate shower. The room also had an iron, ironing board, tea/coffee facilities, safe, hairdryer and mini bar. The city centre location is ideal and we would definitely stay at the hotel again when we come to Manchester.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
I am pleased to read that you enjoyed your stay and I hope you had fun at the Coldplay concert too.

We look forward to welcoming you back to the Crowne Plaza Manchester City Centre the next time your travel plans permit.

Preston, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 11, 2012

Came here for two nights with my girlfriend, very good location, very good price. I requested a room on a high floor when i booked online but one was not available when we checked in, was told by reception that we could wait but didn't want to wait around with bags. Staff were very helpful when we needed a taxi, they booked one on reception and it arrived within 5minutes.

As I'm not the smallest of men, the shower cubicle could be bigger, didn't bother to use the bath but my girlfriend seemed to like it.

The bed was very comfy with about 6 pillows. Only had one drink in the bar but the staff seemed very friendly. My girlfriend said she definitely wants to return and commented numerous times on how nice and helpful everyone was. Would definitely recommend and go here again next time im in the city

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
Thank you for taking the time to post your comments onto the tripadvisor website following your recent stay at the Crowne Plaza Manchester. I am pleased to read that you and your girlfriend enjoyed your stay.
Please be assured that all comments we receive at the Hotel are shared with the team, I look forward to welcoming you back to the Crowne Plaza Manchester in the near future.

Thornton Cleveleys, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 9, 2012

Stayed for one night to celebrate my wife's birthday in Manchester. Hotel was very modern and the room quality was excellent. Staff provided an ice bucket and champagne flutes in the room just as I requested. Cocktails in the bar were very good too! Thank you to the staff, you did a great job.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
CrownePlazaManCity, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Manchester City Centre, responded to this review, June 10, 2012

I was delighted to read of your positive comments about your stay especially around the excellent service that you received whilst at the Hotel. Please be assured that all comments we receive at the Hotel are shared with the team.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 9, 2012 via mobile

My husband and I stayed here for two nights on the 1st June. We had an early morning flight at arrived at hotel at 9.30am expecting just to leave our bags at hotel until check-in at 2pm. To our surprise the room was ready which was a plus. The room itself 207 was on the second floor and I have absolutely no complaints. It was gorgeous. The bed was soooo comfortable and I want one!:) Tea/coffee and biscuits, lovely white fluffy towels, lots of mirrors. It was a very well laid out and comfortable room. There were only two things that I didn't like( and these are only minor things) the windows can't be opened, great air conditioning, but sometimes a bit of fresh air is nice and also when we booked it said we would have bathrobes, which would have been great, but there were none, but I must stress as I said, minor things. The breakfast was great. Self service and a multitude of choice. The staff were very friendly and one took time out to tell us all the great sites to visit:) I would highly recommend this hotel and would stay again when visiting this wonderful city.

• Stayed June 2012
Thank you for sharing your very kind feedback and completing this review. I am thrilled that you had a great stay with us and that you have been able to appreciate the comfort of the beds, we do get alot of compliments about these. With regards to bathrobes, if you call our 24 hour reception desk they are more than happy to arrange these to be taken to your room.

I do hope to welcome you back to the hotel when you visit Manchester in the future.

Sheffield, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 8, 2012 via mobile

The hotel has recently been refurbished and thIs shows. The decor is excellent with a modern style thought. The room is comfortable with air conditioning in the room. The staff were polite, proffessional and helpfu throughout, although very cooperate and showed no personality. The bar was smart and very nice, although the drinks were expensive. Overall excellent hotel.

• Stayed June 2012
We very much appreciate you taking the time to complete your comments on www.tripadvisor.com, It helps us enormously to maintain our high standards. I am pleased to read that you enjoyed your stay at the hotel and hope to welcome you back soon.

Bob Fairweather

Been to Crowne Plaza Manchester City Centre? Share your experiences!