“Excellent Night Cap” 5 of 5 stars

Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Reservations, Late Night
Brantingham, New York
“Excellent Night Cap”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 28, 2014

I have in the past walked by this establishment on my way to meet friends elsewhere and wished we were meeting at Gio's as I found it difficult to continue walking past the mouth watering aromas wafting from the windows. I was finally able to pop in on my way back to the hotel after dinner for a nightcap. The interior is beautiful and I found the Manager and staff to be very friendly and inviting. As it was close to closing time, I was unable to try anything from the food menu but I ordered a very nice bottle of Pinot Grigio and the price was spot on. I've insisted on meeting my friends at Gio for dinner next time I'm in the UK. I will post again after I've tried the menu. I can't wait! Kimberly Pflanzer Brantingham, NY.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere

Salisbury
“Service charge and gratuity!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2014

We had a lovely meal here, cheerfully served on a busy night.
We asked for some tap water, twice, which never arrived.
When the bill came, it included a statutory 10% service charge and then the card machine invited us to add a gratuity. We commented on this and the waitress said that the service charge was not the tip. Seems a bit greedy to ask for a tip on top of a service charge. And no water.
Other than that, this is a nice place and the food was good. £70 for one course and a bottle of wine and no water.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Belfast, United Kingdom
“Good food rotten service”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 15, 2014 via mobile

Food here is amazing quite plentiful, cooked well and quite tasty. Unfortunately what is lacking in this restaurant is some good customer service.... The waiter who was the "manager" failed to take our order correctly resulting in the wrong food arriving after sending it back we got the correct order. The waiter admitted his mistake but still charged the full amount on the bill, I asked I speak with the manager and the same person apprently was the manager and argued that it was my fault eventually he took off the service charge which is wasn't prepared to pay anyway after a heated and loud argument in the restaurant I got the bill reduced, I spoke to the owner on the way out who seemed genuine at the time and then as we were leaving laughed and pointed at us along with the Waiter/"manager".

Do yourself a favour stay away you will be treated like dirt!!!

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Manchester, United Kingdom
“Good Italian restaurant”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 10, 2014

On the advice of friends we went to this restaurant before going to the Bridgewater Hall.

Although it was fairly full, we had no trouble in being seated, and found the staff friendly and attentive.

As we were in something of a hurry we went for the main course only, and both had the Pasta Speciale. And it was excellent. I love Italian food and this was of a very high standard.

The restaurant was soon full, and the atmosphere was lively but not over the top, we really enjoyed the experience. The meals and drinks were on th expensive side, but for a good city centre restaurant the cost was no more than I expected to pay. In the Bridgewater Hall we paid over £10 just for 2 drinks.

This will now be our first choice before going to a concert.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
England, United Kingdom
“Family celebrations!”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 1, 2014 via mobile

Went out for a family meal, to celebrate 23yrs of being with my partner and my two beautiful sons. The starter which was a platter for two the meatballs were just tepid & the rest of the starters were average. Main course was okay, it was a let down and will not be going again. I will be going back to our favourite restaurant Mario's in Oldham!

Visited January 2014